Whis' Foreshadowing of Vegetto. Will the loose end be solved?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.
User avatar
Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
Posts: 1534
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:45 am

Whis' Foreshadowing of Vegetto. Will the loose end be solved?

Post by Saturnine » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:27 am

Vegetto was foreshadowed way back when Whis commented on Goku and Vegeta's individual weaknesses.

I totally expect a Vegetto vs Whis sparring when they come back from the future, and Whis' acknowledgement of how Vegetto has neither of Goku and Vegeta's individual problems. Otherwise I'll be severely disappointed.

User avatar
namekiansaiyan
I Live Here
Posts: 4358
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Whis' Foreshadowing of Vegetto. Will the loose end be solved?

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:31 am

Saturnine wrote:Vegetto was foreshadowed way back when Whis commented on Goku and Vegeta's individual weaknesses.

I totally expect a Vegetto vs Whis sparring when they come back from the future, and Whis' acknowledgement of how Vegetto has neither of Goku and Vegeta's individual problems. Otherwise I'll be severely disappointed.
Vegito will seperate as soon as possible and Vegeta and Goku will not like training fused.

User avatar
GodVegetto91
Banned
Posts: 2906
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Re: Whis' Foreshadowing of Vegetto. Will the loose end be solved?

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:59 am

Well i hope they don't separate for a while after the battle ends in episode 72. Afterall neither Chi Chi, Bulma nor piccolo or the kids have ever seen Vegetto.. I'm guessing those type of interractions would be fun. Not to mention i want Vegetto to have a sparring match with both Beerus and Whis.

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10315
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: Whis' Foreshadowing of Vegetto. Will the loose end be solved?

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:03 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:Well i hope they don't separate for a while after the battle ends in episode 72. Afterall neither Chi Chi, Bulma nor piccolo or the kids have ever seen Vegetto.. I'm guessing those type of interractions would be fun. Not to mention i want Vegetto to have a sparring match with both Beerus and Whis.
Yes exactly Vegetto has potential for SoL. Don't mess this up Toei.

User avatar
ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7865
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:27 am
Location: Split, Croatia

Re: Whis' Foreshadowing of Vegetto. Will the loose end be solved?

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:08 am

If that was foreshadowing I'll eat a bowl of cooked shit.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

User avatar
GodVegetto91
Banned
Posts: 2906
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Re: Whis' Foreshadowing of Vegetto. Will the loose end be solved?

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:09 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:Well i hope they don't separate for a while after the battle ends in episode 72. Afterall neither Chi Chi, Bulma nor piccolo or the kids have ever seen Vegetto.. I'm guessing those type of interractions would be fun. Not to mention i want Vegetto to have a sparring match with both Beerus and Whis.
Yes exactly Vegetto has potential for SoL. Don't mess this up Toei.
SoL?

User avatar
Footlong Shoe
Patreon Supporter
Posts: 404
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:47 pm
Location: Durham, NC
Contact:

Re: Whis' Foreshadowing of Vegetto. Will the loose end be solved?

Post by Footlong Shoe » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:31 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:SoL?
Slice of life. Like the first two episodes of Super.
Discord/Twitter - @FootlongShoe

User avatar
Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 478
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 9:35 am
Location: New Jersey, USA

Re: Whis' Foreshadowing of Vegetto. Will the loose end be solved?

Post by Big Black Sayian » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:00 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Saturnine wrote:Vegetto was foreshadowed way back when Whis commented on Goku and Vegeta's individual weaknesses.

I totally expect a Vegetto vs Whis sparring when they come back from the future, and Whis' acknowledgement of how Vegetto has neither of Goku and Vegeta's individual problems. Otherwise I'll be severely disappointed.
Vegito will seperate as soon as possible and Vegeta and Goku will not like training fused.
I'm curious if Vegito is his own person and perfers to stay. That would be an interesting character moment for the character.

User avatar
MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN
Posts: 814
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:32 pm

Re: Whis' Foreshadowing of Vegetto. Will the loose end be solved?

Post by MagmonKai » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:22 am

I'm certain, they will separate as soon as the arc is over and we won't get to see him fight Beerus or Whis. That is too much fan-fiction for Toei/Toriyama to give in one saga. :lol:

Kishido
Banned
Posts: 1553
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:57 am

Re: Whis' Foreshadowing of Vegetto. Will the loose end be solved?

Post by Kishido » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:42 pm

Or Vegito has both of the bad traits instead LOL

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 21434
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree
Contact:

Re: Whis' Foreshadowing of Vegetto. Will the loose end be solved?

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:01 pm

Wow... I... never thought it about that way, but, yeah, that is really a neat bit of foreshadowing. I think what's gonna be key in next episode is how the fusion is handled. Is it first mentioned by Goku or Vegeta? And how do Goku and Vegeta react to the intial proposal of the fusion? I think those moments will small but significant in the grand scheme of how the characterisations of those two have evolved since Resurrection F. Because in the movie and the Super retelling, there were pretty adamant about not wanting to work together, and obviously with SSJB Vegetto now a thing, it seems that mindset has changed. But everything lead up to Vegetto return will be vital is see how much Goku and Vegeta have progressed in the their mindset of not willing to work as one.

Remember, back in the Majin Boo arc, after Vegetto initially defused and Vegeta crushed the Potara earring, Kibito Kai offered them the opportunity to fuse again as Vegetto to fight Kid Boo, and they turned it down in favour of fighting with their own strength, so this just makes the return of Vegetto all the more interesting and potentially great opportunity for some significant character development for the Goku and Vegeta, considering where the left of after the events of Resurrection F. Let's just hope Toei make the most of this moment, because it will very most likely never happen again.
ekrolo2 wrote:If that was foreshadowing I'll eat a bowl of cooked shit.
I have a bowl and some laxatives on stand-by should anything happen. :P

User avatar
ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7865
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:27 am
Location: Split, Croatia

Re: Whis' Foreshadowing of Vegetto. Will the loose end be solved?

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:02 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:If that was foreshadowing I'll eat a bowl of cooked shit.
I have a bowl and some laxatives on stand-by should anything happen. :P
Put some cyanide in there and I'll be good to go ;)
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 21434
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree
Contact:

Re: Whis' Foreshadowing of Vegetto. Will the loose end be solved?

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:12 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:If that was foreshadowing I'll eat a bowl of cooked shit.
I have a bowl and some laxatives on stand-by should anything happen. :P
Put some cyanide in there and I'll be good to go ;)
Done and done. :P

User avatar
Xeztin
I Live Here
Posts: 2244
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:15 pm
Location: Toyotarō's Place

Re: Whis' Foreshadowing of Vegetto. Will the loose end be solved?

Post by Xeztin » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:16 pm

I could see a slice of life arc about everyone trying to convince Vegito to split because they miss Goku and Vegeta and he says no. Though once he sees Bulma and Chi-Chi saddened he leaves it up to chance and says if Beerus can defeat him he'll defuse. Bulma tells Beerus no more food if he doesn't fight. Vegito has Beerus on the ropes and sees the family crying so he throws the fight on purpose.

User avatar
UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here
Posts: 2241
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:05 pm

Re: Whis' Foreshadowing of Vegetto. Will the loose end be solved?

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:30 pm

It would be very out of character for there to be slice of life Vegitto scenes, they'd normally want to defuse as soon as possible

precita
Banned
Posts: 6037
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:10 pm

Re: Whis' Foreshadowing of Vegetto. Will the loose end be solved?

Post by precita » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:53 pm

The point of Vegito is to see as little of him as possible to want you craving more. Same thing with Gogeta.

Vegito only got 4 episodes of screentime in DBZ, and in Super he's probably going to get 2-3 at best. This isn't like Gotenks where screentime is extended for comedy, Vegito is there for one specific purpose and that's it.

User avatar
Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6572
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:15 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Re: Whis' Foreshadowing of Vegetto. Will the loose end be solved?

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:50 pm

Super has a history of foreshadowing..
Of that's by chance or deliberately is what I am not quite sure of..
I still pray for gohan's training to be one

Off topic but do any of you guys know about any anime similar to Dragonball feel? Seeing vegetto has left me wanting more of that goodness and one week wait is off-putting..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

User avatar
Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
Posts: 1534
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:45 am

Re: Whis' Foreshadowing of Vegetto. Will the loose end be solved?

Post by Saturnine » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:32 pm

UpFromTheSkies wrote:It would be very out of character for there to be slice of life Vegitto scenes, they'd normally want to defuse as soon as possible
OOC for Goku and Vegeta perhaps, but Vegetto is a new being. He will only defuse when asked by others to do so, it's not like he hates himself or something, lol :lol:

Also yeah, his SoL potential is extreme.

User avatar
UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here
Posts: 2241
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:05 pm

Re: Whis' Foreshadowing of Vegetto. Will the loose end be solved?

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:37 pm

Saturnine wrote:
UpFromTheSkies wrote:It would be very out of character for there to be slice of life Vegitto scenes, they'd normally want to defuse as soon as possible
OOC for Goku and Vegeta perhaps, but Vegetto is a new being. He will only defuse when asked by others to do so, it's not like he hates himself or something, lol :lol:

Also yeah, his SoL potential is extreme.
I never really saw him as a different character, Goku and Vegeta are in there. If a completely different character was formed from potara fusion, Kibitoshin wouldn't have wanted to defuse, that would have been like death.

User avatar
dragonballhero
Regular
Posts: 518
Joined: Sat May 30, 2015 2:17 pm

Re: Whis' Foreshadowing of Vegetto. Will the loose end be solved?

Post by dragonballhero » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:59 pm

Xeztin wrote:I could see a slice of life arc about everyone trying to convince Vegito to split because they miss Goku and Vegeta and he says no. Though once he sees Bulma and Chi-Chi saddened he leaves it up to chance and says if Beerus can defeat him he'll defuse. Bulma tells Beerus no more food if he doesn't fight. Vegito has Beerus on the ropes and sees the family crying so he throws the fight on purpose.
TOEI, make an episode out of this now!

Still though, who here thinks that the Dragons won't be able to return them to their normal states because they're too strong or something, and they'll need Super Shenron to undo everything?



Unrelated note: I'd say this is how DBGT should have been handled in terms of Goku being a child after the Baby arc. I would think Goku would notice that everyone (Chi-Chi especially) would want him returned to his adult state as soon as possible. It's obvious that Shenron or even Porunga could have returned him to his adult body.

Post Reply