Is Super Saiyan Blue stronger than Super Saiyan God?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragonball Black
Not-So-Newbie

Is Super Saiyan Blue stronger than Super Saiyan God?

Post by Dragonball Black » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:33 pm

So why is it that Super Saiyan God seems to be stronger than Super Saiyan Blue? Not only did it match beerus almost, it even began disrupting the very fabric of reality. It also seems to be an actual transformation, giving goku iris's and making him leaner and taller. In comparison the super saiayn blue transformation keeps the user frankly the same, but it also has been taken down by a common ray gun. Even Hit was able to take SSB vegeta down through hitting his pressure points. It would make sense for Blue to be stronger because the god transformation looks like base and blue looks like a super saiyan. Actually even the way goku describes it makes it seem weaker. He says in resurrection of f that he got a "taste" of super saiyan god and now he can go into it while super saiyan. With all this evidence, to me shows that super saiyan god is stronger, but its fatal shortcoming is it doesnt last very long.
We are the Villains of Dragonball, and we focus on news, leaks, reviews and most importantly discussion videos.
Lets look into the Darker Side of Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Dragonball GT and Dragonball Super.
Subscribe and Share this Channel and Become a Villain yourself!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdYBVZ ... JmNcGdQJuQ
Dont Forget to Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AnimeFeuds
And Like my Dragonball Xenoverse 3 Page
https://www.facebook.com/Dragonball-Xen ... 441039984/

szopman
Beyond Newbie

Re: Is Super Saiyan Blue stronger than Super Saiyan God?

Post by szopman » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:35 pm

I think that the manga's chapter 13 (I think), in which Vegeta and later Goku fight Hit, explains this matter completely ;)

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:16 pm

I would prefer a lot more if Super Saiyan God was the stronger form but this doesn't seem to be the case as the narrator states during RoF arc that Goku has achieved SSB, a form which surpasses even SSG.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:44 pm

In the anime, it was stated that Goku's power remained the same after he dropped to SSJ1 during the Beerus battle. So, SSJGod would be behind SSJ2, 3 (post-God) and Blue.

In the manga, where Goku still uses the SSJ God form even after the BoGs arc, SSJ God is stated to be stronger than 3, but still weaker than Blue.

Although, yeah, in general, it makes no sense to make SSJ God weaker if they don't want to repeat those feats of power.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:14 pm

Trunks unnamed form is better for whatever reasons

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:26 pm

Kishido wrote:Trunks unnamed form is better for whatever reasons
Excepts it's not because he didn't defeat Goku Black or Zamasu with that form. He used a gigantic Genki Dama sword fuelled by the remaining Earthlings, Goku and Vegeta.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:30 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Excepts it's not because he didn't defeat Goku Black or Zamasu with that form. He used a gigantic Genki Dama sword fuelled by the remaining Earthlings, Goku and Vegeta.
You fuel it even more without realizing it

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:43 pm

Kishido wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Elaborate please. Becuase I specifically stated that the sword killed Zamasu not Future Trunks currently unnamed form. Hell, SSJB Vegeta's post-ROSAT was the first character to actually have Goku Black on the ropes somewhat in a one-on-one battle.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:47 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Kishido wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: Excepts it's not because he didn't defeat Goku Black or Zamasu with that form. He used a gigantic Genki Dama sword fuelled by the remaining Earthlings, Goku and Vegeta.
Elaborate please. Becuase I specifically stated that the sword killed Zamasu not Future Trunks currently unnamed form. Hell, SSJB Vegeta's post-ROSAT was the first character to actually have Goku Black on the ropes somewhat in a one-on-one battle.
Forget it... It was just a sarcastic joke about my suspleasure with the latest episode and Trunks

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:58 pm

Dragonball Black wrote:So why is it that Super Saiyan God seems to be stronger than Super Saiyan Blue? Not only did it match beerus almost, it even began disrupting the very fabric of reality. It also seems to be an actual transformation, giving goku iris's and making him leaner and taller. In comparison the super saiayn blue transformation keeps the user frankly the same, but it also has been taken down by a common ray gun. Even Hit was able to take SSB vegeta down through hitting his pressure points. It would make sense for Blue to be stronger because the god transformation looks like base and blue looks like a super saiyan. Actually even the way goku describes it makes it seem weaker. He says in resurrection of f that he got a "taste" of super saiyan god and now he can go into it while super saiyan. With all this evidence, to me shows that super saiyan god is stronger, but its fatal shortcoming is it doesnt last very long.
In feats, Super Saiyan God seems to point towards to a wholly different level of power than SSJ-Blue does, but the blue it's stated to surpass the red form in power and possesses the same God Ki.

In theory, this blue form should destroy the whole universe by now as how fierce battle has been being performed using this respective form.

The other thing that bothers me that Vegetto doesn't seem to get close to Beerus judging by his feats...

So I don't know...
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:03 pm

Yes. It was stated several times throughout the series.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:05 pm

Vegetto is barely stronger than Goku now so anything is possible :P
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Dragonball Black
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Dragonball Black » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:17 pm

I feel no DBS characters has really got close to beerus besides maybe Whis, but I dont see SSBlue taking on beerus as it stands. Vegito I thought could have but the time limit is entirely too short.
We are the Villains of Dragonball, and we focus on news, leaks, reviews and most importantly discussion videos.
Lets look into the Darker Side of Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Dragonball GT and Dragonball Super.
Subscribe and Share this Channel and Become a Villain yourself!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdYBVZ ... JmNcGdQJuQ
Dont Forget to Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AnimeFeuds
And Like my Dragonball Xenoverse 3 Page
https://www.facebook.com/Dragonball-Xen ... 441039984/

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:58 pm

Considering how little attention Toei and arguably Toriyama have given to Super Saiyan God post-BoG, I feel like it's a form that may as well not have existed at all. Hell, Super Saiyan Blue could have been just as easily used for the whole BoG arc instead.

The whole thing is definitely a bummer for me personally, as SSG is probably my single favorite Super Saiyan form in the entire franchise. Toyotaro seems to give it some love though.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:40 pm

The difference here is that while Blue contains God Ki, Goku is still a mortal in that form. When he went SSG through the ritual, he became an actual God. Big difference considering he could heal from direct attacks and breathe in space and destroy reality with punches yada yada yada...Blue may contain more raw strength, but SSG's durability and Ki generation is what makes him more powerful IMO. I even remember in Super Goku's KI kept rising while in that state. We don't even know what was the limit of Strength he could have achieved, and this is basically what Goku Black was and why his strength kept rising. Therefore, I believe SSB is less than SSG. I don't read the Manga, and the use of the form in that medium is different from the actual transformation. I think it too is just a variant, and not the actual form he took in BOG.

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:34 pm

MagmonKai wrote:The difference here is that while Blue contains God Ki, Goku is still a mortal in that form. When he went SSG through the ritual, he became an actual God. Big difference considering he could heal from direct attacks and breathe in space and destroy reality with punches yada yada yada...Blue may contain more raw strength, but SSG's durability and Ki generation is what makes him more powerful IMO. I even remember in Super Goku's KI kept rising while in that state. We don't even know what was the limit of Strength he could have achieved, and this is basically what Goku Black was and why his strength kept rising. Therefore, I believe SSB is less than SSG. I don't read the Manga, and the use of the form in that medium is different from the actual transformation. I think it too is just a variant, and not the actual form he took in BOG.
SSJ God still has advantages in the manga compared to Blue, since Blue in the manga uses up a lot of ki to sustain and to activate. SSJ God itself doesn't have the regeneration added in the Super anime though, but there still was the scene with the universal waves, although it was much shorter.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:28 pm

What were the advantages in the Manga besides using less stamina? And to be honest the fact that blue uses too much stamina makes zero sense. I was never a fan of the blue form. It doesn't seem powerful at all, and they transform into like regular super Saiyans--really quick and easy. In the anime there's no stamina depletion.

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:30 pm

MagmonKai wrote:What were the advantages in the Manga besides using less stamina? And to be honest the fact that blue uses too much stamina makes zero sense. I was never a fan of the blue form. It doesn't seem powerful at all, and they transform into like regular super Saiyans--really quick and easy. In the anime there's no stamina depletion.
There's actually an identical line in the anime and manga where Goku mentions that the transformation uses stamina, and that's why he initially faces Hit in Base, to conserve power for later. In the anime though, right after that, he transforms into Blue and sustains it for a long time without issues, and Blue eating energy was never referenced again until we got Vegeto's shortened fusion time. In the manga though, Goku keeps attempting to delay using Blue against Hit (going through SSJ and SSJ God) and only uses Blue when he thought it'd finish the battle quickly (basically the scene where he breaks the timeskip with Kaioken SSB in the anime and launches a Kamehameha, but it happens with just SSB in the manga).

ckal9
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ckal9 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:49 pm

Dragonball Black wrote:So why is it that Super Saiyan God seems to be stronger than Super Saiyan Blue? Not only did it match beerus almost, it even began disrupting the very fabric of reality. It also seems to be an actual transformation, giving goku iris's and making him leaner and taller. In comparison the super saiayn blue transformation keeps the user frankly the same, but it also has been taken down by a common ray gun. Even Hit was able to take SSB vegeta down through hitting his pressure points. It would make sense for Blue to be stronger because the god transformation looks like base and blue looks like a super saiyan. Actually even the way goku describes it makes it seem weaker. He says in resurrection of f that he got a "taste" of super saiyan god and now he can go into it while super saiyan. With all this evidence, to me shows that super saiyan god is stronger, but its fatal shortcoming is it doesnt last very long.
I agree with you completely on this, you echo my thoughts exactly. I've been saying this for a while. Other than the narrator stating SSB "surpasses" SSG, I don't think there is any evidence to even suggest SSB is close to SSG in terms of power.

Also, didn't the manga version show SSG to be clearly superior to SSB in the universal tournament against Hit? I think Toyotarou agrees with us, not Toei.

ckal9
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ckal9 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:54 pm

MagmonKai wrote:I even remember in Super Goku's KI kept rising while in that state. We don't even know what was the limit of Strength he could have achieved, and this is basically what Goku Black was and why his strength kept rising. Therefore, I believe SSB is less than SSG.
I haven't thought about this. Very interesting point about Black with his power rising as a direct correlation to Goku's SSG power continuously rising. Black has Goku's body, but his 'spirit' is that of Zamasu, a god. The link between the 2 here is exciting. Hopefully it was thought out and intended, and not a mere coincidence.