[Spoilers] So, did anyone predict this arc's major points correctly?
[Spoilers] So, did anyone predict this arc's major points correctly?
One of my favorite things about the original run, and even GT, which I feel captured this element well enough, was that it felt like you'd have to be some sort of savant to correctly predict the climax or resolution of each storyline at its start. Like, if you showed anyone a picture of the climax, or divulged even a small plot point of the resolution after they'd first read or watched the beginning of the arc, they'd be like, "How the hell did we end up here?"
Super hadn't yet captured that, with its first two arcs consisting of movie adaptations (and having to adhere to what becomes a more predictable structure when stretched out over multiple episodes), and the Universe 6 arc being uncharictistically safe in terms of its climax and structure (perhaps it successfully obfuscated that it was going to exclusively be a Goku-and-Vegeta trial, but it's pretty by-the-numbers for a tournament story).
That said, as of episode 67, I feel like this arc finally delivered on the craziness. So, did anyone successfully guess the following, at any point before the corresponding episodes aired?
-Goku Black was Zamasu from the original version of the present
-Goku, Trunks and Vegeta would more or less lose
-Trunks' entire timeline would be destroyed; he and Mai would go live with their doppelgängers in an alternate timeline
-Zenou's long-promised friend would be himself from a parallel timeline
If anyone managed to guess those, hats off. Other discussion can go toward Dragon Ball's gloriously unpredictable nature, from an interstellar Dragon Ball-hunt ending in golden-haired Goku fighting a very different-looking Freeza surrounded by lava, to an arc about Terminator-pastiche androids ending in Gohan fighting a bug-man, to another interstellar Dragon Ball hunt ending in red-haired Goku fighting a giant ape among cities full of his possessed friends, to whatever the hell just happened.
Super hadn't yet captured that, with its first two arcs consisting of movie adaptations (and having to adhere to what becomes a more predictable structure when stretched out over multiple episodes), and the Universe 6 arc being uncharictistically safe in terms of its climax and structure (perhaps it successfully obfuscated that it was going to exclusively be a Goku-and-Vegeta trial, but it's pretty by-the-numbers for a tournament story).
That said, as of episode 67, I feel like this arc finally delivered on the craziness. So, did anyone successfully guess the following, at any point before the corresponding episodes aired?
-Goku Black was Zamasu from the original version of the present
-Goku, Trunks and Vegeta would more or less lose
-Trunks' entire timeline would be destroyed; he and Mai would go live with their doppelgängers in an alternate timeline
-Zenou's long-promised friend would be himself from a parallel timeline
If anyone managed to guess those, hats off. Other discussion can go toward Dragon Ball's gloriously unpredictable nature, from an interstellar Dragon Ball-hunt ending in golden-haired Goku fighting a very different-looking Freeza surrounded by lava, to an arc about Terminator-pastiche androids ending in Gohan fighting a bug-man, to another interstellar Dragon Ball hunt ending in red-haired Goku fighting a giant ape among cities full of his possessed friends, to whatever the hell just happened.
Last edited by Cipher on Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:40 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Re: [Spoilers] So, did anyone predict this arc's major points correctly?
I didn't predict anything like that. The biggest thing I predicted was the return of Vegito.
I remember the episode where Zamasu showed up alongside Black, I said just wait until one of them swaps the earring to the other ear so that they fuse together causing Goku and Vegeta to have to fuse.
Other than there were quite a few surprises. My initial guess for Black was that he was a Goku from another timeline travelling between timelines defeating the different Goku's and then using the potara earring to fuse with them and power himself up over and over.
I remember the episode where Zamasu showed up alongside Black, I said just wait until one of them swaps the earring to the other ear so that they fuse together causing Goku and Vegeta to have to fuse.
Other than there were quite a few surprises. My initial guess for Black was that he was a Goku from another timeline travelling between timelines defeating the different Goku's and then using the potara earring to fuse with them and power himself up over and over.
Re: [Spoilers] So, did anyone predict this arc's major points correctly?
One thing I did kinda predict was that Trunks would be the one to defeat Zamasu, although I obviously didn't think it would go down the way it did. This was Trunks arc, so much of the focus was on him, so for Goku/Vegeta or Vegito to beat Zamasu just didn't seem right.
I somehow knew Trunks would get the final blow (even though technically Zeno did), and I like how he got to play the main hero. It really is also a nice contrast to how Trunks just flat out died in the Cell saga with Cell killing him and didn't get to be the hero of that arc....it really shows how far he came.
I somehow knew Trunks would get the final blow (even though technically Zeno did), and I like how he got to play the main hero. It really is also a nice contrast to how Trunks just flat out died in the Cell saga with Cell killing him and didn't get to be the hero of that arc....it really shows how far he came.
- Boo Machine
- I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
- Posts: 1928
- Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 7:44 pm
- Location: On the Track to NoWhere
Re: [Spoilers] So, did anyone predict this arc's major points correctly?
From the announcement of this arc all the way to the end, I guessed absolutely nothing correctly.
Kind of fun to be wrong about all predictions and had I not read any leaked Episode summaries, It probably would have been all the better.
Kind of fun to be wrong about all predictions and had I not read any leaked Episode summaries, It probably would have been all the better.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black
I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!
To Infinity, then stop!
Anime are Cartoons.
I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!
To Infinity, then stop!
Anime are Cartoons.
Re: [Spoilers] So, did anyone predict this arc's major points correctly?
Outside of Gokû Black and Zamasu fusing, and Future Mai not dying, no, I barely guessed anything close to correctly with this arc. I thought they were going to regular-defeat Merged Zamasu and have the super db's "fix" everything/wish everyone back.
On hiatus.
Re: [Spoilers] So, did anyone predict this arc's major points correctly?
I love how we had summaries and I still didn't know what was going to happen.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.
- DragonHermit
- Regular
- Posts: 585
- Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:07 am
Re: [Spoilers] So, did anyone predict this arc's major points correctly?
The only thing I somewhat guessed right, was Zamasu from our timeline stealing Goku's body, after the 12-Universe tournament (where I assume all Kaioshins will be there). And since he moved to a different timeline (Trunks'), killing Zamasu here didn't affect him. In the manga he stole Goku's body after watching the U6/U7 tournament (not 12-U tournament), so I guess that was somewhat close...
The Xeno thing never even crossed my mind.
The Xeno thing never even crossed my mind.
-
Beerus-sama
- Advanced Regular
- Posts: 1111
- Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:41 pm
- Location: A tree planted on a backward Pyramid
Re: [Spoilers] So, did anyone predict this arc's major points correctly?
I knew Zamasu was Black, I didn't guessed right that he was the one from the present though. I thought he was the future one since Zamasu hated Goku so him being the future one would make more sense, guess that didn't mattered to him.
Sleeping until the tournament is over.
Spoiler:
Re: [Spoilers] So, did anyone predict this arc's major points correctly?
I did not guess a lot of the things (some of which due to just being unexpected, others due to being very odd in the first place... who may have predicted Trunks mastering Mafuba in 5 minutes?), and I did not guess they would have lost again in the end.
After 67 episodes (and 4-5 story arcs), how many clean victories against a big boss?
- Battle of Gods: Goku lost. Earth still exists only due to Beerus being happy enough for the fight and loving the food from the planet.
- Resurrection of F: Earth still exists only due to Whis rewinding time, so we can say they somehow "lost" the match, and won only by "cheating" (you may say Frieza cheated, too... but he's a villian, cheating is in his nature).
- U6 tournament: Goku lost to Hit. He voluntarily quit, however he lost the match (and while in the manga he was in advantage, in the anime looked in disadvantage). U7 won the tournament due to also Hit quitting the final match... however Goku lost the "main event".
- Future Trunks arc: they lost, then Zeno wiped out everything, including Zamasu. Can we call it a "draw" maybe?
Hironically, the only time they beat the enemy in a "clean" way (while still thanks to a good dose of luck) is the small "Monaka arc", which may or not be considered "filler" (don't start discussing about it being filler or not here, please)...
PS: Do you remember when Beerus said "The god of destruction is scary" (around ep. 5 IIRC)? This Zeno guy is much more scary!
[OT]
PPS: I know they said now he's strong enough for any enemy... however If I were Trunks, I would have brought several mafuba paper talismans to the "new" future, just to be sure...
[/OT]
After 67 episodes (and 4-5 story arcs), how many clean victories against a big boss?
- Battle of Gods: Goku lost. Earth still exists only due to Beerus being happy enough for the fight and loving the food from the planet.
- Resurrection of F: Earth still exists only due to Whis rewinding time, so we can say they somehow "lost" the match, and won only by "cheating" (you may say Frieza cheated, too... but he's a villian, cheating is in his nature).
- U6 tournament: Goku lost to Hit. He voluntarily quit, however he lost the match (and while in the manga he was in advantage, in the anime looked in disadvantage). U7 won the tournament due to also Hit quitting the final match... however Goku lost the "main event".
- Future Trunks arc: they lost, then Zeno wiped out everything, including Zamasu. Can we call it a "draw" maybe?
Hironically, the only time they beat the enemy in a "clean" way (while still thanks to a good dose of luck) is the small "Monaka arc", which may or not be considered "filler" (don't start discussing about it being filler or not here, please)...
PS: Do you remember when Beerus said "The god of destruction is scary" (around ep. 5 IIRC)? This Zeno guy is much more scary!
[OT]
PPS: I know they said now he's strong enough for any enemy... however If I were Trunks, I would have brought several mafuba paper talismans to the "new" future, just to be sure...
[/OT]
Re: [Spoilers] So, did anyone predict this arc's major points correctly?
I did guess that Black was Zamasu but I'm guessing everyone did at the start until the show threw us through loops. I did predict that the Zeno that would show up would be the future version and he wouldn't recognize Goku, so I'm pretty proud of that.
- SansrivaaL
- I Live Here
- Posts: 3757
- Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:29 pm
- Location: Earth
Re: [Spoilers] So, did anyone predict this arc's major points correctly?
The only thing I got right from this arc is that I was sure Black was gonna tell or show Goku how he kills his family, never thought this arc would have events like the ones it had....
Re: [Spoilers] So, did anyone predict this arc's major points correctly?
A guy on reddit predicted Zeno's friend would be Future Zeno.
All my predictions were wrong. But I won't give up, one day I will predict something correctly!
All my predictions were wrong. But I won't give up, one day I will predict something correctly!
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”
What I consider canonical
What I consider canonical
Spoiler:
Re: [Spoilers] So, did anyone predict this arc's major points correctly?
Things I predicted correctly:
1. Trunks "defeating" Zamasu
2. King of All button being used
3. Vegetto returning
4. Goku playing a role in the creation of Black
5. Future Zamasu and Black fusing
Things I predicted incorrectly:
1. Black's origin
2. The ending of the arc (Trunks's timeline being destroyed)
3. King of All's friend
4. Vegetto's new weakness
5. Pretty much everything else
I feel like I predicted the more obvious plot points but missed all the big ones. It was a fun ride while it lasted.
1. Trunks "defeating" Zamasu
2. King of All button being used
3. Vegetto returning
4. Goku playing a role in the creation of Black
5. Future Zamasu and Black fusing
Things I predicted incorrectly:
1. Black's origin
2. The ending of the arc (Trunks's timeline being destroyed)
3. King of All's friend
4. Vegetto's new weakness
5. Pretty much everything else
I feel like I predicted the more obvious plot points but missed all the big ones. It was a fun ride while it lasted.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.
60.
Rest in peace.
60.
Rest in peace.
- Baggie_Saiyan
- Namekian Warrior
- Posts: 10315
- Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
- Location: Atlantis.
Re: [Spoilers] So, did anyone predict this arc's major points correctly?
I predicted Trunks wouldn't get SSGSS if that counts!
- Jinzoningen MULE
- I Live Here
- Posts: 4405
- Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:33 pm
- Location: Salt Mines
Re: [Spoilers] So, did anyone predict this arc's major points correctly?
I think we pretty much knew who Goku Black was after Zamasu's introductory episode. Although I was actually one who threw away that prediction after episode 56, so I guess that doesn't count for me.
Retired.
Re: [Spoilers] So, did anyone predict this arc's major points correctly?
I (unfortunately) predict it would go off the rails 
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.
How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):
How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):
Spoiler:
Re: [Spoilers] So, did anyone predict this arc's major points correctly?
- That Black was created through a combo of Bootstrap Paradox, Timelines and Timering
- That Black would eventually fuse with somebody
- That Goku and Vegeta would probably fuse as well
- That Trunks might actually get the "killing blow", even if it technically was Zenou who totally did it
- That Zenou could still play a role
- That Neo Zamasu would look like a character created by Tetsuya Nomura
- That Black would eventually fuse with somebody
- That Goku and Vegeta would probably fuse as well
- That Trunks might actually get the "killing blow", even if it technically was Zenou who totally did it
- That Zenou could still play a role
- That Neo Zamasu would look like a character created by Tetsuya Nomura
"Citation needed."
"too lazy
feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"
"too lazy
feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"
Re: [Spoilers] So, did anyone predict this arc's major points correctly?
- Black fusing with someone
- Zeno destroying Trunks timeline
- Zeno destroying Trunks timeline
- ChronoTwigger
- Advanced Regular
- Posts: 1225
- Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:45 pm
- Location: PizzaLand
Re: [Spoilers] So, did anyone predict this arc's major points correctly?
All my predictions gone wrong. ALL OF THEM.
I never thought before being dumb will end to be a pleasure.
I never thought before being dumb will end to be a pleasure.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.
- Lord Beerus
- Namekian Warrior
- Posts: 21434
- Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
- Location: A temple on a giant tree
- Contact:
Re: [Spoilers] So, did anyone predict this arc's major points correctly?
Nope. I got scored a big, fat zero in the predictions department. The ending of the arc especially threw me off guard.
Spoiler:










