What's left after this arc?
- ChronoTwigger
- Advanced Regular
- Posts: 1225
- Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:45 pm
- Location: PizzaLand
What's left after this arc?
I mean...
Goku Vegeta Fusion. Check.
Super Kamehameha. Check.
Blue transformation. Check.
Kaiohken. Check.
Mafuba. Check.
Genkidama. Check.
I dunno but to me there's nothing left to create hype on main characters.
Maybe a SSGod2??
Let's bring some idea on the table and see how creative we are.
My guess is another way of getting power, like a God or Angel power summoning. You do a pact with a given God, and his power can run thru you. A risky move: any damage on you also damage that God.
Goku Vegeta Fusion. Check.
Super Kamehameha. Check.
Blue transformation. Check.
Kaiohken. Check.
Mafuba. Check.
Genkidama. Check.
I dunno but to me there's nothing left to create hype on main characters.
Maybe a SSGod2??
Let's bring some idea on the table and see how creative we are.
My guess is another way of getting power, like a God or Angel power summoning. You do a pact with a given God, and his power can run thru you. A risky move: any damage on you also damage that God.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.
Re: What's left after this arc?
Gohan, for fucks sake!
And make Goten and Trunks grow up and do something, damn it!
And make Goten and Trunks grow up and do something, damn it!
- fadeddreams5
- Born 'n Bred Here
- Posts: 5269
- Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:53 pm
- Location: New York
Re: What's left after this arc?
We don't need new transformations or techniques to create hype. Solid story telling, animation, and creative ways of using pre-existing abilities is more than enough.
Last thing I want is a new transformation after all the bullshit ones we've gotten. This series has the worst forms in the history of the franchise.
Last thing I want is a new transformation after all the bullshit ones we've gotten. This series has the worst forms in the history of the franchise.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super
Re: What's left after this arc?
Planet Salad and the king who reminds Cabba of Vegeta.
It was a massive tease that I've almost given up hope on seeing.
It was a massive tease that I've almost given up hope on seeing.
On hiatus.
- MozillaVulpix
- Regular
- Posts: 669
- Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:01 pm
- Contact:
Re: What's left after this arc?
I don't think SSB has outstayed its welcome just yet. It may have been around for 3 arcs, but they've been 3 short arcs where the power scale hasn't really gone up in a visible way.
But they could always do more with the Universe 6 members and perhaps introduce new supporting cast characters that way. Maybe another Heel Face Turn former villain. Or maybe they'll do what the Future Trunks Arc has been doing and bringing a supporting cast member along for a specific arc related to them, with Goku and Vegeta doing most of the heavy lifting.
Although, honestly, it feels like the Goku Vegeta fusion idea isn't done just yet. If Vegetto Blue sells, you bet we're probably going to see more of it later on.
But they could always do more with the Universe 6 members and perhaps introduce new supporting cast characters that way. Maybe another Heel Face Turn former villain. Or maybe they'll do what the Future Trunks Arc has been doing and bringing a supporting cast member along for a specific arc related to them, with Goku and Vegeta doing most of the heavy lifting.
Although, honestly, it feels like the Goku Vegeta fusion idea isn't done just yet. If Vegetto Blue sells, you bet we're probably going to see more of it later on.
I could have gotten into anything...and yet I chose the story aimed at young Japanese boys about martial arts, and later about super-powerful aliens punching each other really hard.
https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix
https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix
- Jinzoningen MULE
- I Live Here
- Posts: 4405
- Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:33 pm
- Location: Salt Mines
Re: What's left after this arc?
I don't know about that, but it's possible. What I can say for almost certain is that, if we get a transformation beyond SSB, we will see that version of Vegetto.MozillaVulpix wrote:If Vegetto Blue sells, you bet we're probably going to see more of it later on.
Honestly, I kind of want the 12 universe arc to happen, DBS to wrap up, and then get a lame, super-fanservicey series.
Retired.
Re: What's left after this arc?
Then go play Dragon Ball Heroes.Jinzoningen MULE wrote:I don't know about that, but it's possible. What I can say for almost certain is that, if we get a transformation beyond SSB, we will see that version of Vegetto.MozillaVulpix wrote:If Vegetto Blue sells, you bet we're probably going to see more of it later on.
Honestly, I kind of want the 12 universe arc to happen, DBS to wrap up, and then get a lame, super-fanservicey series.
Kanassa wrote:Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
- Ki Breaker
- Born 'n Bred Here
- Posts: 6572
- Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:15 am
- Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Re: What's left after this arc?
What's left?
Every z fighter is left, in the dust..
They want to create hype. Bring back old z fighters, Nostalgia will not be created if you show cabba taking Vegeta to sadala's King ( it however will be quite fun )..
They understand this correctly, you see yamcha coming back against champa..
Who would have thought that..
Every character who has a decent fanbase makes an appearance in super, even goten made one in the end..
I want other z fighters to make some work with hit when he kills goku..
Something like hw can't hit everyone at the same time using tokitobashi, let's attack him head on!
Every z fighter is left, in the dust..
They want to create hype. Bring back old z fighters, Nostalgia will not be created if you show cabba taking Vegeta to sadala's King ( it however will be quite fun )..
They understand this correctly, you see yamcha coming back against champa..
Who would have thought that..
Every character who has a decent fanbase makes an appearance in super, even goten made one in the end..
I want other z fighters to make some work with hit when he kills goku..
Something like hw can't hit everyone at the same time using tokitobashi, let's attack him head on!
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker
- Jinzoningen MULE
- I Live Here
- Posts: 4405
- Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:33 pm
- Location: Salt Mines
Re: What's left after this arc?
I don't like video games. Also, I don't like DBS, at all.HeroR wrote:Then go play Dragon Ball Heroes.Jinzoningen MULE wrote:I don't know about that, but it's possible. What I can say for almost certain is that, if we get a transformation beyond SSB, we will see that version of Vegetto.MozillaVulpix wrote:If Vegetto Blue sells, you bet we're probably going to see more of it later on.
Honestly, I kind of want the 12 universe arc to happen, DBS to wrap up, and then get a lame, super-fanservicey series.
The original 420 chapters and the TV equivalent will always be the Dragon Ball to me. If I'm getting new material, I'd rather it be something that I can have a bit of fun watching, rather than a pale imitation of the old.
Last edited by Jinzoningen MULE on Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retired.
Re: What's left after this arc?
I also want Super to wrap before it pulls the story further into a monotonous cycle of supervillain conflicts and tournaments without changing status quos or real character development. The original run really didn't need anything added between the defeat of Boo and the 28th Tenkaichi Budokai. In fact, it was specifically written to preclude it.
But if Toriyama manages to make things as interesting as the Trunks arc wound up being, I'll happily give it the benefit of the doubt for another arc or two. Still, let's move toward an unexpected thematic cap to this gods era, get an appropriate conclusion, and be done with it.
But if Toriyama manages to make things as interesting as the Trunks arc wound up being, I'll happily give it the benefit of the doubt for another arc or two. Still, let's move toward an unexpected thematic cap to this gods era, get an appropriate conclusion, and be done with it.
- Jinzoningen MULE
- I Live Here
- Posts: 4405
- Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:33 pm
- Location: Salt Mines
Re: What's left after this arc?
My crystal ball predicts that it will not end so gracefully. Dragon Ball will be driven into the ground just like One Piece, Naruto, Pokemon, and every other long-standing franchise, with or without Toriyama.Cipher wrote:Still, let's move toward an unexpected thematic cap to this gods era, get an appropriate conclusion, and be done with it.
Retired.
Re: What's left after this arc?
That's certainly my "fear."Jinzoningen MULE wrote:My crystal ball predicts that it will not end so gracefully. Dragon Ball will be driven into the ground just like One Piece, Naruto, Pokemon, and every other long-standing franchise, with or without Toriyama.
Fear in quotes to indicate what a small issue that would be in the grander scheme of things, and even in terms of Dragon Ball, as it wouldn't take anything away from the original run.
It's definitely where I thought things were going until Toriyama proved he was still invested in finding bold, thematically interesting things to do with the story at the very end of this arc though, so like I said, I'm more cautiously optimistic about how things will play out than I was.
If Super ends and Toriyama drops off and the franchise moves into full zombie merchandise-pushing mode, that's fine too, I guess; I just won't be following it. That is what it is, and I'm a lot less bothered by that than I am new "core" story content that rides that line, as Super still feels like it does in certain ways. Or felt like it did. I don't know. Hopefully things continue to be super weird.
Last edited by Cipher on Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Jinzoningen MULE
- I Live Here
- Posts: 4405
- Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:33 pm
- Location: Salt Mines
Re: What's left after this arc?
It was interesting at the time, I guess. But having rewatched most of the arc, I find it painfully boring to sit through. It's still no good for me.Cipher wrote:It's definitely where I thought things were going until Toriyama proved he was still invested in finding bold, thematically interesting things to do with the story at the very end of this arc though...
Edit: Thinking about it now, this whole series feels like the latter parts of the Boo Arc.
Retired.
Re: What's left after this arc?
The execution on an episode-by-episode basis still leaves a lot to be desired, and I'm curious about how I'll feel about everything during a rewatch now that I know the ending.Jinzoningen MULE wrote:It was interesting at the time, I guess. But having rewatched most of the arc, I find it painfully boring to sit through. It's still no good for me.
The bright spot for me is that the ending really made something out of the arc and made it feel relevant to the overall story, even if the execution was enormously sloppy at points. I'll take that every time over a tight, fun arc that ends with everyone defeating another supervillain and not growing or adding any thematic wrinkles. At the end of 66 I was literally like, "Okay, I think I'm done here. This is paint-by-numbers Toriyama."
And then it turned out it wasn't. So I'll see where it goes.
Re: What's left after this arc?
About sums it up. We don't need anymore bullshit transformations for God's sake. Can't they get stronger without some ridiculous transformation? Focus on the story 100%fadeddreams5 wrote:We don't need new transformations or techniques to create hype. Solid story telling, animation, and creative ways of using pre-existing abilities is more than enough.
Last thing I want is a new transformation after all the bullshit ones we've gotten. This series has the worst forms in the history of the franchise.
Re: What's left after this arc?
I would hope in something more explained and coherent. Super "explained" very little so far.
As example, the fact that Black's powers and actions were never fully explained bugged me a bit.
- Why does he get all those powerups? Partly due to learning Goku's fighting style, but that's only a part of it. They hit him very hard and hardly made any scratch on him, after the initial match after Goku (where he was shown in pain) in the past! Even when Trunks hit him with the Galick Gun and Vegeta punched him badly, he seemed fully recovered after a few seconds/minutes.
- Why does he know Goku's instant transmission? Goku required a year to learn it from the aliens who knew it, and Cell -which, like Black, had Goku's cells- required to be teleported by Goku to learn it.
- When he said he needed to learn more about Son Goku, what did he do? Was Zuno still alive and he returned to him? Was GodTube still working after he killed all other gods?
- Did Black and Zamasu already destroy al mortals and gods in all universes, or only in universe 7? It looks like the Black we have seen at the beginning of the saga would not have been strong enough for defeating people like Hit by himself (of course, maybe he did it with the help of immortal Zamasu)...
- How much time would require to wipe out all mortals from 12 universes, planet by planet without destroying planets?
Not to mention Trunks' unexplained transformation...
As example, the fact that Black's powers and actions were never fully explained bugged me a bit.
- Why does he get all those powerups? Partly due to learning Goku's fighting style, but that's only a part of it. They hit him very hard and hardly made any scratch on him, after the initial match after Goku (where he was shown in pain) in the past! Even when Trunks hit him with the Galick Gun and Vegeta punched him badly, he seemed fully recovered after a few seconds/minutes.
- Why does he know Goku's instant transmission? Goku required a year to learn it from the aliens who knew it, and Cell -which, like Black, had Goku's cells- required to be teleported by Goku to learn it.
- When he said he needed to learn more about Son Goku, what did he do? Was Zuno still alive and he returned to him? Was GodTube still working after he killed all other gods?
- Did Black and Zamasu already destroy al mortals and gods in all universes, or only in universe 7? It looks like the Black we have seen at the beginning of the saga would not have been strong enough for defeating people like Hit by himself (of course, maybe he did it with the help of immortal Zamasu)...
- How much time would require to wipe out all mortals from 12 universes, planet by planet without destroying planets?
Not to mention Trunks' unexplained transformation...
Re: What's left after this arc?
Then why are you even here? You could he watching something you actually like. And, imo, I take the Future Trunks arc over most of the original Dragon Ball run, especially the Cell Saga.Jinzoningen MULE wrote: I don't like video games. Also, I don't like DBS, at all.
The original 420 chapters and the TV equivalent will always be the Dragon Ball to me. If I'm getting new material, I'd rather it be something that I can have a bit of fun watching, rather than a pale imitation of the old.
I never get this way of thinking. About 'needing'. A lot of story arcs in Dragon Ball didn't 'need' to happen. The series could have happily ended at the 23rd Martial Arts Tournament. None of the events of Z needed to happen. And every story arc after Freeza didn't need to happen either. Things could have ended after Freeza or Cell's defeat. Nothing 'needs' to happen.Cipher wrote:I also want Super to wrap before it pulls the story further into a monotonous cycle of supervillain conflicts and tournaments without changing status quos or real character development. The original run really didn't need anything added between the defeat of Boo and the 28th Tenkaichi Budokai. In fact, it was specifically written to preclude it.
But if Toriyama manages to make things as interesting as the Trunks arc wound up being, I'll happily give it the benefit of the doubt for another arc or two. Still, let's move toward an unexpected thematic cap to this gods era, get an appropriate conclusion, and be done with it.
Kanassa wrote:Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
- Baggie_Saiyan
- Namekian Warrior
- Posts: 10315
- Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
- Location: Atlantis.
Re: What's left after this arc?
Really? All the Cell arc ones were way worse. Ultra SS. Super Ultra SS or whatever. Super Perfect Cell. SS2 etc. Not to mention the big asspull that was SS3 in the Buu arc that magically got rid of eye brows for some reason and gave Goku long hair for some reason.fadeddreams5 wrote:We don't need new transformations or techniques to create hype. Solid story telling, animation, and creative ways of using pre-existing abilities is more than enough.
Last thing I want is a new transformation after all the bullshit ones we've gotten. This series has the worst forms in the history of the franchise.
I get picking on Super is hip and in nowadays but let's be real the precious "Z" is just as bad. We still don't why SS turns the Saiyan hair blond and makes them have green eyes for pete's sake and people are crying that Trunks transformation didn't get explained. Amazing how people forgive "Z" but not for Super they can't. Truly amazing and makes me really wonder how "Z" would be met now.
Re: What's left after this arc?
I think you will be interested in TVtrope's http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... riginalSin and http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... therClause. Really explains a lot about why some fans are more forgiving of Dragon Ball Z's flaws.Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Really? All the Cell arc ones were way worse. Ultra SS. Super Ultra SS or whatever. Super Perfect Cell. SS2 etc. Not to mention the big asspull that was SS3 in the Buu arc that magically got rid of eye brows for some reason and gave Goku long hair for some reason.
I get picking on Super is hip and in nowadays but let's be real the precious "Z" is just as bad. We still don't why SS turns the Saiyan hair blond and makes them have green eyes for pete's sake and people are crying that Trunks transformation didn't get explained. Amazing how people forgive "Z" but not for Super they can't. Truly amazing and makes me really wonder how "Z" would be met now.
Kanassa wrote:Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
- Lord Beerus
- Namekian Warrior
- Posts: 21434
- Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
- Location: A temple on a giant tree
- Contact:
Re: What's left after this arc?
There are still several universes to explore and an near infinite amount of potential storylines to delve into. There's still plenty left for Super to do after this arc. How it manages it is the million dollar question.
The only form that Super has originally introduced is Future Trunks raging SSJ form. Super Saiyan God, Super Saiyan Blue and Golden Freeza. were all forms introduced. I don't know why people think Super created them. They just re-introduced them during the re-tellings of the movie.fadeddreams5 wrote:Last thing I want is a new transformation after all the bullshit ones we've gotten. This series has the worst forms in the history of the franchise.
Spoiler:





