What's your biggest fear of the next arc?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

What's your biggest fear of the next arc?

Post by Totamo » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:52 pm

I personally am afraid it will be boring.

MarCas92
Regular

Re: What's your biggest fear of the next arc?

Post by MarCas92 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:55 pm

I'm afraid it'll be just as mediocre as The Zamasu Arc.

That arc pretty much catered to what I consider some of the worst parts of the fandom and the franchise (or at the very least put its focus on things in Dragon Ball that I don't value very highly).
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:17 pm

That it will continue to happen within a very vague timeframe. That it will continue to not explain key points like transformations. That the villain wont be as cool as Black.

Any and all of those.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:21 pm

It's hard to pin down any specific fears without knowing what the next arc exactly is.

So right now, all I can say is, I hope it isn't boring and takes full advantage of whatever story it's given.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:50 pm

That give too much retcon explanations.
"You can't do that because of, dontcha know?"
There's no need for that.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Quantum-Kakarrotto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Quantum-Kakarrotto » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:55 pm

I fear that the next arc will be nothing but filler, since Toyotaro said in an interview a while back that he will be ahead of the anime after he finishes the Goku Black arc in the manga.

MozillaVulpix
Regular

Post by MozillaVulpix » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:10 pm

Bringing back another supporting character like Future Trunks, and then handling them so poorly it makes people wonder why they wanted more supporting characters in the first place.

Basically, trying to be different, but half-assing it so the very idea of doing something different gets tainted.
I could have gotten into anything...and yet I chose the story aimed at young Japanese boys about martial arts, and later about super-powerful aliens punching each other really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix

Lujin_16
Regular

Post by Lujin_16 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:23 pm

MozillaVulpix wrote:Bringing back another supporting character like Future Trunks, and then handling them so poorly it makes people wonder why they wanted more supporting characters in the first place.

Basically, trying to be different, but half-assing it so the very idea of doing something different gets tainted.
What do you mean poorly??? because of the dark ending and not happy ending??

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:35 pm

The production and writing, they've both improved but I'm still worried that we might get something really bad like EP5's production and/or EP53's writing.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:43 pm

MozillaVulpix wrote:Bringing back another supporting character like Future Trunks, and then handling them so poorly it makes people wonder why they wanted more supporting characters in the first place.

So that explains why I saw so many let's keep the show focus on goku and vegeta.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:30 pm

Boredom is probably my biggest fear for the next arc. It's why I mostly dropped this year's Precure. It's why I'm wary of Hit coming back. As messy as the Zamasu arc was, Gokû Black was an entertaining adversary imo. Merged Zamasu was kinda meh, but Gokû Black was never boring to me. (So 美しい~。)
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:43 pm

That it'll go back to being a Goku and Vegeta show.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:47 pm

That it'll go back to being the pure shit of BOG/ROF rather than the somewhat decent Zamasu arc.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:52 pm

kinisking wrote:That it'll go back to being a Goku and Vegeta show.
That's my biggest fear. The Black arc was the most refreshing arc we've had in this series, with everything else being bad or meh.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:57 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
kinisking wrote:That it'll go back to being a Goku and Vegeta show.
That's my biggest fear. The Black arc was the most refreshing arc we've had in this series, with everything else being bad or meh.
Looking back at the champa arc, it was kind of meh. I liked BOG though.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

MozillaVulpix
Regular

Post by MozillaVulpix » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:09 pm

Lujin_16 wrote:

What do you mean poorly??? because of the dark ending and not happy ending??
Nah, because of the idea of letting Trunks catch up in power by giving him a new form with no context and no explanation. And then having him show up and save the day kind of out of nowhere. It made people complain Trunks was too much of a 'Gary Stu' and shouldn't ever come back to the series.
I could have gotten into anything...and yet I chose the story aimed at young Japanese boys about martial arts, and later about super-powerful aliens punching each other really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:12 pm

The action not being good.

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:20 pm

That there won't be any stakes.

Say what you will about the Zamasu/Black arc, at least it felt like SOMETHING was at stake during it.

BoG and RoF were mildly undermined by being movie adaptions thus we knew what was going to happen, and the whole damn tournament arc felt like absolutely nothing was at stake at all.
If Champa won...the cast would simply live in another pretty identical universe. Who cares which despot God of Destruction rules over them really? It's not even like we'd never have seen Beerus or Whis again since they can travel between dimensions.

The only person that would even be vaguely affected by the sudden move of their planet would be Dende who would no longer be able to potentially see his family again, but everyone else would have gotten moved during the Earth being put into a new dimension.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

toadma

Post by toadma » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:15 am

Not putting any efforts on the story of the arc,Toriyama forcing things he only likes and nobody really cares.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:29 am

They would rush it, keep rushing it and never stop... Not ever
*Screams cries and laughs maniacally*
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker