Do you think Zamasu will come back?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Merged Zamasu
Banned

Do you think Zamasu will come back?

Post by Merged Zamasu » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:06 pm

Yes, i know Zamasu was erased from existence by Zeno, but i am still salty his potential was completely wasted. Merged Zamasu was supposed to be this final, invincible God and yet he loses two beam struggles in a row and lasts only for 2 and a half episodes. I hope we see more of him in the future. Maybe Zeno didn't completely destroy him and a small fraction of Zamasu's essence survived...there have been so many retcons in DBS already, that one more can't hurt. Overall, Zamasu was definitely the most unique villain in Dragon Ball, and i hope this character will not just be forgotten. He did become a little one-dimensional towards the end, but that was just bad writing. Hopefully we will learn more about his backstory in the future and if there were other reasons behind his hatred for mortals.

Doctor.
Banned

Re: Do you think Zamasu will come back?

Post by Doctor. » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:11 pm

Probably will come back in some shape or form in the videogames, especially if Xenoverse gets another sequel. In a main anime, however? I wouldn't count on it, villains get forgotten pretty quickly after they're defeated, Freeza being the only exception because of how iconic he is, and I doubt Zamasu is ever gonna reach the same level. It's time to let go.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:35 pm

Merged Zamasu wrote:Yes, i know Zamasu was erased from existence by Zeno, but i am still salty his potential was completely wasted.
He became the universe and only the God of everything could stop him. How much more potential did you think he had?

Merged Zamasu
Banned

Post by Merged Zamasu » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:44 pm

UpFromTheSkies wrote:
Merged Zamasu wrote:Yes, i know Zamasu was erased from existence by Zeno, but i am still salty his potential was completely wasted.
He became the universe and only the God of everything could stop him. How much more potential did you think he had?
He was extremely rushed. The fight between Zamasu and Vegito lasted for about 10 minutes and Trunks was SOMEHOW able to destroy Zamasu's phisical form... i guess the energy of a bunch of civilians and 3 weakened sayans is enough to obliterate a God. On top of that, they didn't really explore Zamasu's backstory. Maybe he had other motives for wanting to kil all mortals. Zamasu is a unique villain, because unlike all others, you can sympathize with him. They should have explored his character more and they should have definitely given Merged Zamasu more screentime. The good guys had ridiculous plot armor.

I don't care if Zamasu became the most powerful being in the Universe. The execution was just lazy and rushed. I was hoping Zamasu would atleast have a little more screentime, but alas it seems he has been forgotten by everyone but me :(

Yedis
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yedis » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:46 pm

He exists in other timelines so they could bring him back, but I don't think they will.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:09 pm

I want him to come back (and Gokû Black too) but I feel odds are small because of how they got rid of him. I just rely on my own head canon for now.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:44 am

Maybe for a film or something.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:52 am

Technically not impossible due to myriad of timelines his arc introduced, but highly unlikely. If he DOES come back though, I'd really like to see a good Zamasu; one who came to terms with the mortals existence and accepted them for what they are...but still has a strong sense of justice and threatens to kill the mortals if they do ever try to threaten the gods.

I do however feel like we may get some more info on his backstory next time we meet with Gowasu in the Universe Survival Arc. At the very least he'll be mentioned and referenced.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

Abra kadabra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Abra kadabra » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:57 am

Only if they bring back future trunks to kill him permanently. After ep 67, I won't accept any other way :x

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:42 pm

He should, his rantings about how godly he is really would be an interesting addition to the anime, we don't have that type of character in Dragonball he was the first one, hopefully universe 3 has good zamasu ( Seeing 7&6 kaioshins appearance the probability of this is nearly zero )
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:03 pm

The main timelines Zamasu's soul still exists.
Who knows, maybe in 20 years we'll get a movie called Resurrection 'Z'.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:32 pm

Freeza was written worse each time he came back so hopefully Zamasu stays dead cause I don't want another great villain to be dragged through the mud.
Chuquita wrote:I want him to come back (and Gokû Black too) but I feel odds are small because of how they got rid of him.
If he does come back then chances are it'll be his Black version.
DHM211 wrote:Who knows, maybe in 20 years we'll get a movie called Resurrection 'Z'.
If he's popular enough then it could happen a lot sooner than that.
Last edited by sintzu on Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:34 pm

No, just like Future Trunks who will not come back.
Last edited by namekiansaiyan on Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:35 pm

Merged Zamasu wrote: He was extremely rushed. The fight between Zamasu and Vegito lasted for about 10 minutes and Trunks was SOMEHOW able to destroy Zamasu's phisical form... i guess the energy of a bunch of civilians and 3 weakened sayans is enough to obliterate a God. On top of that, they didn't really explore Zamasu's backstory. Maybe he had other motives for wanting to kil all mortals. Zamasu is a unique villain, because unlike all others, you can sympathize with him. They should have explored his character more and they should have definitely given Merged Zamasu more screentime. The good guys had ridiculous plot armor.

I don't care if Zamasu became the most powerful being in the Universe. The execution was just lazy and rushed. I was hoping Zamasu would atleast have a little more screentime, but alas it seems he has been forgotten by everyone but me :(

You really couldn't sympathize with Zamasu in the slightest. He was seeing things in black and white terms and he was extremely narcissistic. He was very clearly being portrayed as misguided with evil tendencies from start to finish.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:37 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:No, just like Future Trunks won't back.
I don't think we'll see him again soon (at least I hope not) but if the anime goes on long enough then there's a high chance he'll be back for some reason.

Merged Zamasu
Banned

Post by Merged Zamasu » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:41 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Merged Zamasu wrote: He was extremely rushed. The fight between Zamasu and Vegito lasted for about 10 minutes and Trunks was SOMEHOW able to destroy Zamasu's phisical form... i guess the energy of a bunch of civilians and 3 weakened sayans is enough to obliterate a God. On top of that, they didn't really explore Zamasu's backstory. Maybe he had other motives for wanting to kil all mortals. Zamasu is a unique villain, because unlike all others, you can sympathize with him. They should have explored his character more and they should have definitely given Merged Zamasu more screentime. The good guys had ridiculous plot armor.

You really couldn't sympathize with Zamasu in the slightest. He was seeing things in black and white terms and he was extremely narcissistic. He was very clearly being portrayed as misguided with evil tendencies from start to finish.
He did have a point. Mortals mostly use their god-given wisdom and power only to cause violence and ruin the Universe. Heck, look at Universe 6's Earth, it was turned into a toxic wasteland because of mortals' infighting. The duty of a God is to make sure mortals learn their place and none of the Gods were taking their job seriously. Zamasu was the only one who had the guts to take matters into his own hands. In the end, he became just as ruthless as the mortals he swore to destroy, but his plan did make sense. Keep in mind he didn't want to destroy the Universe. He wanted to remake it as an ideal world, free of the violence and destruction mortals caused. I can sympathize with that, with his ideals, not with his methods though. He should have just wiped out all mortals, he instead wanted to revel in their suffering, that's what made him evil, not the fact he was tired of mortals abusing the Gods' gifts to cause destruction throughout the Universe.

Zamasu is a complex character. I sympathize with him simply because, deep within his heart, he truly believed what he was doing was for the Universe's best interests, and he felt that the other Gods had failed their duties, to keep mortals in check. He did fucked up things (like using Goku's body to kill his own family) but his intentions were logical and made sense, unlike the other villains who just want to harm innocents for fun. The fact Gowasu was an awful teacher who showed Zamasu EXACTLY why mortals are just animals might have something to do with it.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:45 pm

sintzu wrote:Freeza was written worse each time he came back so hopefully Zamasu stays dead cause I don't want another great villain to be dragged through the mud.
Chuquita wrote:I want him to come back (and Gokû Black too) but I feel odds are small because of how they got rid of him.
If he does come back then chances are it'll be his Black version.
I'd be ok with that. Gokû Black had the more entertaining personality of the two of them imo.I really like him and Future Zamasu as a team, but if I had to pick only one between them, it'd be Gokû Black. (So 美しい).
Last edited by Chuquita on Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:46 pm

Merged Zamasu wrote:He did have a point. Mortals mostly use their god-given wistom and power only to cause violence and ruin the Universe. Heck, look at Universe 6's Earth, it was turned into a toxic wasteland because of mortals' infighting. The duty of a God is to make sure mortals learn their place and none of the Gods were taking their job seriously. Zamasu was the only one who had the guts to take matters into his own hands. In the end, he became just as ruthless as the mortals he swore to destroy, but his plan did make sense. Keep in mind he didn't want to destroy the Universe. He wanted to remake it as an ideal world, free of the violence and destruction mortals caused. I can sympathize with that, with his ideals, not with his methods though. He should have just wiped out all mortals, he instead wanted to revel in their suffering, that's what made him evil, not the fact he was tired of mortals abusing the Gods' gifts to cause destruction throughout the Universe.
Having a point doesn't mean you could sympathize with him. Freeza had a point in destroying the Saiyans because they could get too powerful, and seeing how strong Vegeta and Goku got, he wasn't wrong. The Saiyans were even more barbaric than Freeza was but you don't see people sympathizing with Freeza. Zamasu doesn't know what the duty of a God is, he's merely an apprentice, he should respect and trust Gowasu, his superior. Zamasu's image of an "ideal world" is a multiverse with nobody but himself. Planets would be empty. I don't see how anyone can sympathize with him.

He's my favorite villain and my second favorite character but let's be real here.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:47 pm

sintzu wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:No, just like Future Trunks won't back.
I don't think we'll see him again soon (at least I hope not) but if the anime goes on long enough then there's a high chance he'll be back for some reason.
It will be a bit hard storywise to bring Future Trunks as what could be bigger than what just happened to his universe. In the present we have the universal survival tournament and then from there they can interact with the new characters and it would be more easier and interesting that way.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:54 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:It will be a bit hard storywise to bring Future Trunks as what could be bigger than what just happened to his universe. In the present we have the universal survival tournament and then from there they can interact with the new characters and it would be more easier and interesting that way.
I fully agree that it'll be a lot better to leave him alone and focus on new characters and completely different plots but the problem is Trunks' popularity and Super being a merchandise commercial so chances are they'll find some way to bring him back.

The games' heavily focus on the time patrol and going to different timelines so that's one thing they could do.

Another thing is Goku and friends could have some major problem and instead of Trunks asking for their help they'll ask for his.