Will Goku rebel against Heaven?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mabalia
Beyond Newbie

Will Goku rebel against Heaven?

Post by mabalia » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:12 am

I'm reading a bit about Journey to the West and the character that Goku was inspired, Sun Wukong, fought Heaven's deitys and end up sealed in a kind of prison by Buda. I Know Goku and Monkey King have some differences, for exemple, Goku has no interest in imortality and he's not proud, but the Universal Survival Tournament could put Goku and others in a position to rebel against Gods, especially if Zeno threatens to aniquilate mortals throughout all the universes.

We know Goku doesn't have enough power to be a challenge to them (at least not yet), but the act itself could've be seen like a sin and have consequences, and the only thing that could deter his death is that Zeno likes Goku and don’t want him to disappear. Zeno could still punish him by extending his lifespan and imprison him, like Buda did to Monkey king.

I think the events we watch in Super happens in a new alternate timeline created by Future Trunks and Beerus (by killing present Zamasu), so what happens in the end of the manga has no conection to DBS from this point.

EDIT: I wish I could change the title of this thread because it's causing a misunderstanding. To make it clear it's not the Heaven for the Dragon Ball universe, but in the sense of Heaven for Journey to the West. Monkey King rebels against Heaven and its deities, I tried to make a conection between Goku and Monkey King by suggesting Goku will rebel against gods.
Last edited by mabalia on Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Will Goku rebel against Heaven?

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:54 am

With all the goku wanking they like to do, no, he is not getting imprisoned for more than one episode even if it happens
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:34 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:With all the goku wanking they like to do, no, he is not getting imprisoned for more than one episode even if it happens
That would be a great way to focus on the other characters but you're right, the chances of Goku getting taken out of the picture are less than 0.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

mabalia
Beyond Newbie

Post by mabalia » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:49 pm

I wouldn't want Goku to remain arrested for the rest of Super, but for some episodes it'd be nice. We could see what kind of estrategy the other fighters would come up to rescue Goku and if not possible, a time skip to show that centuries have passed and when Goku has his freedom again his family and friends have reencarnated and he'd try to meet and get to know them, while only Gods and Angels remained the same.

Yeah, I know it'll never happen. 8)

Death doesn't have the same impact it had in the past, unless it's permanent death (your soul cease to exist). Zeno eliminating universes is a good threat but to arrest warriors who commits unforgivable sin against Gods is a good choice too.
Last edited by mabalia on Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bulma's Foot Masseur
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bulma's Foot Masseur » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:59 pm

He already did when he took Cell there and destroyed part of the place.

Merged Zamasu
Banned

Post by Merged Zamasu » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:07 pm

I hope so. Then everyone will see Zamasu was right. Mortals use their god-given wisdom and power only to cause violence, while the Gods ignore their duty and do nothing at all to stop mortals from ruining the Universe. They must all be wiped out, only then can the Universe be at peace. For the utopian world to come, there must be only one God: Zamasu.

mabalia
Beyond Newbie

Post by mabalia » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:05 pm

Merged Zamasu wrote:I hope so. Then everyone will see Zamasu was right. Mortals use their god-given wisdom and power only to cause violence, while the Gods ignore their duty and do nothing at all to stop mortals from ruining the Universe. They must all be wiped out, only then can the Universe be at peace. For the utopian world to come, there must be only one God: Zamasu.
Sorry Zamasu, but no. :wink:

Zeno'll eliminate universes because of a competition, mortals like Goku can do the right thing and find a way to opose him. The more we know of Gods the more we know of their flaws.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:30 pm

A "Rescue Gokû" arc could be fun (I say even with him being my favorite) especially because it hasn't been done before and I'd like to see some cutaways to him trying various ways to escape and failing, but I can't see Toei taking him out of the action for a whole arc.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:48 pm

Bulma's Foot Masseur wrote:He already did when he took Cell there and destroyed part of the place.
Well, Goku didn't exactly take Cell to Heaven, but he was above some heavens! Heaven, the location, is depicted as a large planet above Enma's palace and it requires an airplane ride to access. We do see a part of Heaven when South Kaio visits North Kaio in the middle of training Goku though. Needless to say, North Kaio's planet is nowhere near that so Goku is still safe from the wrath of Heaven. :P

mabalia
Beyond Newbie

Post by mabalia » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:01 pm

I should explain better the meaning of Heaven in this thread. It's to bring us to the battle Monkey King took against Heaven's Deities, he called himself Great Sage Equal to Heaven. I just tried to bring a conection between Goku and Monkey King. Sorry for not being clear in the beginning.

alexhermit
Not-So-Newbie

Post by alexhermit » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:12 pm

Rebelling against Heaven more like rebelling against God?

I think it a very plausible theory, because even if Zenos doesn't destroy Universe 7, I'm sure Goku would have mixed feelings with him even destroying other universes considering the amount of life Zeno would kill in a process of his punishment for other team loosing.

Infact I have a strong theory that Zeno most likely has some form of schizophrenia in him which makes him even more dangerous. Its pretty creepy!!

mabalia
Beyond Newbie

Post by mabalia » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:51 pm

alexhermit wrote:Rebelling against Heaven more like rebelling against God?

I think it a very plausible theory, because even if Zenos doesn't destroy Universe 7, I'm sure Goku would have mixed feelings with him even destroying other universes considering the amount of life Zeno would kill in a process of his punishment for other team loosing.

Infact I have a strong theory that Zeno most likely has some form of schizophrenia in him which makes him even more dangerous. Its pretty creepy!!

Exactly.
I enjoy Zeno the way he is but I agree he's a creepy, and now the multiverse has two creepys in command... It was one of the worst ideas Goku had.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:55 pm

I would love this. This would be the best way to close out Super but I'd be curious as to who would take position as the new Omniking?
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:29 am

"Heaven" is literally a planet in the afterlife of Universe 7, where good people are allowed to go by Enma. Presumably there would be one in each other Universe.

Which "Heaven" would Goku rebel against, and why on Earth would he be attacking a planet full of dead good guys?

mabalia
Beyond Newbie

Post by mabalia » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:41 am

Zephyr wrote:"Heaven" is literally a planet in the afterlife of Universe 7, where good people are allowed to go by Enma. Presumably there would be one in each other Universe.

Which "Heaven" would Goku rebel against, and why on Earth would he be attacking a planet full of dead good guys?

Please read OP, not just the title of the thread. I tried to make it more clear. :thumbup:

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:33 am

I sure hope so since I hate how Goku is friends with all the gods and stuff right now since I personally think these gods are mostly a bunch of assholes. The only problem with this is that Dragon Ball doesn't seem to be all that much based on Journey to the West anymore. I mean Goku is hardly even a monkey anymore. -_-

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:40 am

kinisking wrote:I would love this. This would be the best way to close out Super but I'd be curious as to who would take position as the new Omniking?
The most deserving candidate who comes to mind
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
This is the only guy who takes his job seriously :lol:
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:42 am

kinisking wrote:I would love this. This would be the best way to close out Super but I'd be curious as to who would take position as the new Omniking?
No one. He'd be overthrowing the omni king for a reason. : P

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:17 am

No he won't.

And db has had almost nothing to do with the journey of the west since like the first arc.

If Zeno does destroy a universe he will just wish them back.

mabalia
Beyond Newbie

Post by mabalia » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:48 pm

The only one who can defeat Zeno is Zeno himself. I suppose the two Zenos can fight each other and destroying themselves. The result of this would be chaos.

I still think if "humans" challenge gods they wouldn't win and they'd be punished, because no one can defeat Zeno, only the other Zeno is equal in power (until now we don't know of anyone equal in power to him).