Possible future arc: The Z fighters travel to universe 6

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

larzooma
Beyond Newbie

Possible future arc: The Z fighters travel to universe 6

Post by larzooma » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:55 pm

Based on the focus given to the U6 members prior to the ToP, and some of the developments in the tournament, I think the next arc should focus on the Z fighters traveling to U6. As of right now U7 and U6 have a number of different dynamics warranting further exploration, including:

1. Goku and Vegeta visiting and possibly training the Sayians in U6.
2. Depending on how they portray the U6 Namekians, Piccolo could learn a great deal from them or view them as antagonists. If they're more powerful or capable of transformations, Piccolo could seek out their help to become stronger. If they're the antithesis of the U7 Namekians, like the Sayians, representing an evil culture, then he could view them as enemies he seeks to challenge.
3. If Goku achieves a new level, Hit will have a major reason to go all out in his training to rival him again.
4. Frost and Frieza could join forces to rebuild an evil empire, or possibly seek a way to enter the upper echelon of power rivaling the gods.
5. A story-line could be developed involving the 3 eyed race from which Tien descends, giving him a reason to seek out members to learn more about the abilities available to him.

Do you think they could make an interesting arc from the interaction between the two universes? Can you think of additional dynamics between the two?

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: Possible future arc: The Z fighters travel to universe 6

Post by Lionel » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:09 pm

Goku and Vegeta aren't the sort to oversee a mass training regimen with others. You generally don't see them taking any disciples at all except for their own children and Uub in Goku's case. If they did visit Planet Salada it would be to see what the Saiyans of Universe 6 are like and maybe fight them, seeing how that's where the pair's chief interests lie. Anything having to do with the U6 Saiyans' justice enforcement vocation means little to them. Moreover, I don't see anyone from Universe 6 having anything in the way of transformations to offer Goku or Vegeta. Cabba wasn't even aware that his species could transform before witnessing Goku do it in his fight with Frost. If anyone is going to benefiting it would be the distinguished Saiyans that we already know about like Caulifla. The other Saiyans can be instructed on how to transform by Cabba.

I am completely against transformations for Piccolo; that gimmicky attribute should be relegated to the groups that already have been established as possessing them. If he's going to power up then I want to see it achieved through some other means. I do like the aspect of Piccolo learning about the customs of the Universe 6 Namekians, though. If U6 is supposed to be some moralistic bizarro world then the Namekians would represent the criminal savages. It's possible they might have had some under the counter dealings with Frost before. You really have to wonder what Piccolo's responce would be to confronting such a warped rendition of the otherwise pacifistic peace lovers he learned about through his assimilation of Nail. Piccolo did assume a mentorship like role with Dende in the latter stages of the Cell arc and all of the Buu arc. Could Nail's instinctual regard for his fellow Namekian brethren prompt Piccolo into trying to change them? Saonel and Pilina do raise a lot of interesting questions, many of which I'm hesitant to say will be answered since the narrative has yet to earnestly dedicate any major resources to building up the lore of Universe 6.

Personally, I don't consider Frost to be on the same level of depravity as Freeza; he's underhanded and conniving, but unlike Freeza, he doesn't go around torturing people or harbouring decades old grudges against those who beat him. Frost is a more tempered and reasonable individual. If anything, I would prefer to see him face justice, not killed. If they can eloquently map out a route of redemption for him then I would accept it because I think Frost might have some potential there to do bona fide good for his universe, or at least that's what his facade implied. I don't think the manga even gives an outright admission of Frost's "evilness"; he's just depicted as being a cheater.

Tenshinhan receiving anything at all would be surprising at this point. The Tournament of Power sort of dropped the ball with him in exchange for propping Roshi back up. We probably shouldn't expect much of anything out of him since this was his opportunity to shine and it barely amounted to much else except a several minute suicide charge coupled with Kikoho dischargings.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:12 am

I hope so, Goku and Vegeta visiting planet Salad and Piccolo visiting Namek.

Freeza and Frost fuse, woo!!

Hit, Botamo an Magetta join the fight.
Heno heno kappa!

Nguyenkim

Post by Nguyenkim » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:51 am

Great Idea. I have thought that U6 will win the tournament with the unexpected chance. So Champa and Hit will grant the wish from Super Dragon to rescure all U7 lives to living in U6. So our friends will got the knew travel as well :D

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:43 am

I hope U6 Namekians are good. I wanna see U6 Namek in full glory. I mean how it should be: without ecological catastrophe. I hope Piccolo learn something. Something that Namekian had lost.