Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:31 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:After doing a little bit of research, I am almost certain that we're going to see a trailer drop on the 20th of July. Back when 'F' was coming out, the first trailer dropped on the same day that pre-release tickets were available to purchase. With that logic, the same can be applied here with this new film. Pre-release tickets are available to purchase on the 20th of July and a trailer drops on the same day along with the website updating.

...Or I could be totally wrong and the website just gets a tiny update so people can buy their tickets. The only reason why I'm not 100% certain that we're getting a trailer is because it does seem a tad bit soon to get one, but then again, this movie does seem to have been in production for quite a while, so I guess it's not too far fetched? I was expecting to see a trailer in August, but this pre-release ticket date has me thinking differently.
DBS NA Tour is happening on SDCC (July 19-22) and promised "exclusive movie footage". Definitely a trailer dropping.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:35 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:After doing a little bit of research, I am almost certain that we're going to see a trailer drop on the 20th of July. Back when 'F' was coming out, the first trailer dropped on the same day that pre-release tickets were available to purchase. With that logic, the same can be applied here with this new film. Pre-release tickets are available to purchase on the 20th of July and a trailer drops on the same day along with the website updating.

...Or I could be totally wrong and the website just gets a tiny update so people can buy their tickets. The only reason why I'm not 100% certain that we're getting a trailer is because it does seem a tad bit soon to get one, but then again, this movie does seem to have been in production for quite a while, so I guess it's not too far fetched? I was expecting to see a trailer in August, but this pre-release ticket date has me thinking differently.
DB NA Tour is happening on SDCC (July 19-22) and promised "exclusive movie footage". Definitely a trailer dropping.
Well, there we go! It all adds up. Now I'm really excited for that week of July. We're going to get bombarded with info.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:40 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Here's a nice high quality scan of the new designs from V Jump. Freeza looks so so good.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Wow, I'm getting impressed with these designs! Who's the artist again? Interested about these new Freeza henchmen, the yellow guy looks like a Plant from Bardock OVA.

But WTF with these coats? Why are Goku and Vegeta wearing those? They're manly men who are able to withstand cold places (see Movie 7)

Doctor. wrote:I'll be mad if Freeza is just in the movie to job to the new villain in order to hype him up and I'll be equally mad if they end it with a Goku + Freeza team-up. Or if he gets killed off this movie.

Do something new and interesting with him or keep him out.
That would barely serve as hype since Goku and Vegeta are stronger than Freeza, a guy like Beerus would fit a better to "job".
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:47 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

DB NA Tour is happening on SDCC (July 19-22) and promised "exclusive movie footage". Definitely a trailer dropping.
Well, there we go! It all adds up. Now I'm really excited for that week of July. We're going to get bombarded with info.
I also predict this is where FUNi officially announce their license of the film, hey maybe even a dubbed trailer to show how serious Toei are about a near global release...

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:48 am

Vegeta_Sama wrote:The yellow dude is from DB Minus right? Does that mean we have to acknowledge it as canon? I don't see that sitting too well with the fanbase
Minus was produced by Toriyama. It was already canon.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:50 am

No, your theory makes sense. It connects to the DB North America Tour since it starts in San Diego from July 19 to the July 22. It fits perfectly.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:50 am

ZeroNeonix wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:The yellow dude is from DB Minus right? Does that mean we have to acknowledge it as canon? I don't see that sitting too well with the fanbase
Minus was produced by Toriyama. It was already canon.
Nope. There is no such thing as “canon” in the db continuity.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:51 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

DBS NA Tour is happening on SDCC (July 19-22) and promised "exclusive movie footage". Definitely a trailer dropping.
Lol, you beat me to the punch.

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:57 am

jeffbr92 wrote:
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Here's a nice high quality scan of the new designs from V Jump. Freeza looks so so good.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Wow, I'm getting impressed with these designs! Who's the artist again? Interested about these new Freeza henchmen, the yellow guy looks like a Plant from Bardock OVA.

But WTF with these coats? Why are Goku and Vegeta wearing those? They're manly men who are able to withstand cold places (see Movie 7)

Doctor. wrote:I'll be mad if Freeza is just in the movie to job to the new villain in order to hype him up and I'll be equally mad if they end it with a Goku + Freeza team-up. Or if he gets killed off this movie.

Do something new and interesting with him or keep him out.
That would barely serve as hype since Goku and Vegeta are stronger than Freeza, a guy like Beerus would fit a better to "job".
Well frieza can train to get stronger though.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:00 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: DB NA Tour is happening on SDCC (July 19-22) and promised "exclusive movie footage". Definitely a trailer dropping.
I also predict this is where FUNi officially announce their license of the film, hey maybe even a dubbed trailer to show how serious Toei are about a near global release...
I can definitely see FUNi announcing their license of the film around that time along with a release date. If they can manage to get the film released in December or January that will be a huge win. A dubbed trailer in July? I dunno. I'd flip the fuck out if that actually ends up happening.

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:24 am

Huh? We already expected exclusive movie footage since the DB Tour said it. This is old news. First stop for DB Tour is San Diego on July 19th-22nd. Unlike Kamehacon, more than just voice actors are going to be there since it's the official DB con. Toei, Bandai, and the team that originally announced the movie and db legends game will also be there.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:29 am

shadowfox87 wrote:Huh? We already expected exclusive movie footage since the DB Tour said it. This is old news. First stop for DB Tour is San Diego on July 19th-22nd. Unlike Kamehacon, more than just voice actors are going to be there since it's the official DB con. Toei, Bandai, and the team that originally announced the movie and db legends game will also be there.
We’re aware of that. This just lines up with my theory that we’re going to see a trailer drop on the 20th of July since that’s the same day that pre-release tickets are available. So we might see the trailer at the DB Tour since it’s going to be on when the pre-release tickets go on sale.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:30 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Since it is final/true form Freeza, I guess this means he will appear period and not in a flashback.
Re-jog my memory what role did the yellow dude play in Minus, again (I don't remember much of Minus!)? Let's hope Toriyama forgot about Minus and this was just a subconscious design re-use...
He was just a generic Freeza goon, he informed him that most of the saiyans came back to Planet Vegeta:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
He actually looks a lot younger in DB Minus compared to the new scans.
Get Fucked, C_unt

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:34 am

Vegeta_Sama wrote:He actually looks a lot younger in DB Minus compared to the new scans.
If it is the same character, then it's only obvious he would look young in Dragon Ball Minus. Many decades has passed since then.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:38 am

Vegeta_Sama wrote: [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
He actually looks a lot younger in DB Minus compared to the new scans.
That's probably because the movie takes place after Super which means 40+ years have passed. That's actually a nice touch, showing he has aged.

Not a fan of Minus myself though, so I hope they won't reference it more than this.

Among other things, Gine being a gentle and weak saiyan that constantly needed saving from Bardock always rubbed me the wrong way.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:51 am

jeffbr92 wrote:That would barely serve as hype since Goku and Vegeta are stronger than Freeza, a guy like Beerus would fit a better to "job".
That didn't stop Yamcha from fulfilling that role until we were well into the Cell arc.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:52 am

Let's hope next month, they reveal the Universe 6 Saiyans, because like I keep saying, how could you do a movie all about the Saiyans without them? And of course, there's Gohan, I know people are waiting for him, although he's the one that I'm least anxious about, because, this is most likely about full blooded Saiyans, which he is not. But yeah, are you guys hoping we see the Universe 6 Saiyans and Gohan in this movie too?
Caulifla best girl! :)

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:56 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Let's hope next month, they reveal the Universe 6 Saiyans, because like I keep saying, how could you do a movie all about the Saiyans without them?
The most likely case is that they're being saved for a U6 Sadal arc.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:59 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Let's hope next month, they reveal the Universe 6 Saiyans, because like I keep saying, how could you do a movie all about the Saiyans without them?
Huh, what do you mean? They are Saiyans but they are from another Universe and have their own conflict/story. It's actually very easy and simple to do a movie without them and focus only on Universe 7 Saiyans, which I hope it is the case.
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:But yeah, are you guys hoping we see the Universe 6 Saiyans and Gohan in this movie too?
No. I don't want to see/know more about Universe 6 Saiyans without getting to see/know more about our own Saiyans. Save them for another time.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:29 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Let's hope next month, they reveal the Universe 6 Saiyans, because like I keep saying, how could you do a movie all about the Saiyans without them? And of course, there's Gohan, I know people are waiting for him, although he's the one that I'm least anxious about, because, this is most likely about full blooded Saiyans, which he is not. But yeah, are you guys hoping we see the Universe 6 Saiyans and Gohan in this movie too?
Whether it be now or in a future Planet Sadala Arc, I want to see more interactions between Cabba and Vegeta.