Anyone else tired of the oozaru?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

future_trunks
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Anyone else tired of the oozaru?

Post by future_trunks » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:44 pm

It seems like Sparking Neo went a little over board on giving every saiyan an oozaru form. I mean most of them look the same exept for different battle armor. I think a good "what if " would be the evil saiyan characters going super sayain.

What does everyone else think?
Cuz you're an ocean, you're an ocean, settle down settle down what's the commotion?

Son_GokouSSJ4
Beyond Newbie

Post by Son_GokouSSJ4 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:49 pm

Well, I have always loved the oozaru form and I actually had lots of fun playing with it in the first Sparking game.
I think that now will be even better, since we're going to have the possibility of controlling Turles in his ape form (never seen before anywhere).
About the evil saiyan turning super saiyan...yeah I think that it would be a cool idea as well! But what about Nappa...?! :lol:
Maybe they'll remember that for the next game! :wink:
ORA SONGOKOU DA!

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:15 pm

Well, half the Saiyans in the game never reached Super Saiyan in the show, so I guess it's just to give them some sort of ingame powerup. Plus, we did see Bardock as Oozaru in his special, and Tullece transforming is a nice little bonus. And then there's just the nameless random Oozaru, right?

I say King Vegeta should be in one of these games. He would be absolutely badass as an Oozaru.
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

Gokuden553
Banned

Post by Gokuden553 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:17 pm

I enjoyed playing with the Oozaru, but it was too easy against it... when you knew how to send it flying :lol:

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:28 pm

I have no problem with the amount of Ozaru's in the game; if anything they should've had more! Golden Ozaru Goku, and Golden Ozaru Broli. The more characters the better.

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:36 pm

I would rather have some other what ifs. Adult Gotenks? Non-SSJ Gogeta? These all would be very nice additions to future games.

future_trunks
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by future_trunks » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:50 pm

Son_GokouSSJ4 wrote:Well, I have always loved the oozaru form and I actually had lots of fun playing with it in the first Sparking game.
I think that now will be even better, since we're going to have the possibility of controlling Tullece in his ape form (never seen before anywhere).
About the evil saiyan turning super saiyan...yeah I think that it would be a cool idea as well! But what about Nappa...?! :lol:
Maybe they'll remember that for the next game! :wink:

I too liked the oozaru fights, but I just dont find it as special with so many Oozaru's at once.
Deus ex Machina wrote:I have no problem with the amount of Ozaru's in the game; if anything they should've had more! Golden Ozaru Goku, and Golden Ozaru Broli. The more characters the better.
I like the idea of Golden Oozaru Goku, and I do like oozaru, but I just think it's pushing it to have most "what if" characters oozarus.
Cuz you're an ocean, you're an ocean, settle down settle down what's the commotion?

kvon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kvon » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:35 pm

Son_GokouSSJ4 wrote:About the evil saiyan turning super saiyan...yeah I think that it would be a cool idea as well! But what about Nappa...?!
No problem. If we don't recognize him by the green eyes, we'll certainly notice his gold mustache. :lol:

About the Ozarus, I'm not tired of playing as them just yet. For those of you who's really tired of Ozarus popping all over, view this as a good sign. Creating what-if Ozarus can only mean that they are interested in creating new stuff. What-if Super Saiyans, what-if Freeza's in Coola's final form, Yamcha, Chaozu, and Tenshinhan using what-if Kaioken wouldn't seem impossible now that Spike's starting to step out of boundaries.
kvon is an alternative name to Kevin

Taku128

Post by Taku128 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:39 pm

I wondered why there was no Oozaru Broli too, but then I realized his clothes would just rip off so he'd pretty much be the same as the Oozaru that isn't necessarily any character.
­

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:50 pm

So far, we've had a what-if of Vegeta going Super Saiyan way too early in Budokai as well as the what-if of Cell absorbing Kuririn. In Budokai 2, we have what-if of Boo absorbing Tenshinhan and Yamcha, Vegeta, Freeza and Cell, followed by Majin Freeza and Majin Cell, as well as a Fusion between Tenshinhan and Cell, followed by a new form of Goku Fused with Mr. Satan (alternate costume).

Now in the Sparking! games, we have Tullece being able to turn into an Oozaru (though remember, he did say he destroyed the light he created to prevent himself from transforming, so it's not like they created something out of no where). We also now know what it would be like if Tapion actually fought and used ki blasts.

Not to mention, Super Dragon Ball Z had total what-ifs by allowing characters to learn other characters' techniques.

So really, it's not all just one game where they're bringing up new ways of playing certain characters. :)
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/TsukentoX]YouTube Profile[/url]

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:58 pm

Don't forget the "what-if" of Chi chi fighting using the power pole and bansho fan in Super DBZ. I'm dissapointed she won't be returning for Sparking Neo. :?

Taku128

Post by Taku128 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:11 am

Tsukento wrote:So far, we've had a what-if of Vegeta going Super Saiyan way too early in Budokai as well as the what-if of Cell absorbing Kuririn. In Budokai 2, we have what-if of Boo absorbing Tenshinhan and Yamcha, Vegeta, Freeza and Cell, followed by Majin Freeza and Majin Cell, as well as a Fusion between Tenshinhan and Cell, followed by a new form of Goku Fused with Mr. Satan (alternate costume).

Now in the Sparking! games, we have Tullece being able to turn into an Oozaru (though remember, he did say he destroyed the light he created to prevent himself from transforming, so it's not like they created something out of no where). We also now know what it would be like if Tapion actually fought and used ki blasts.

Not to mention, Super Dragon Ball Z had total what-ifs by allowing characters to learn other characters' techniques.

So really, it's not all just one game where they're bringing up new ways of playing certain characters. :)
I think you meant Tenshinhan and Yamcha fuse, not Tenshinhan and Cell. Anyways, you forgot about Oozaru Raditz, Oozaru Nappa, and Oozaru Bardock.
­

DB_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DB_Fan » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:26 am

I enjoy fighting as an Oozaru, but beating them on the Story Mode was really hard. :shock:

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:07 am

I have no prolems with the Oozaru form, simply because it's new and hasn't been done before the Sparking! Games. :P
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:19 am

Chaos Saiyajin wrote:I have no prolems with the Oozaru form, simply because it's new and hasn't been done before the Sparking! Games. :P
DragonBall GT Transformation, we got a taste of Golden Oozaru Goku in that. Also, Golden Oozaru Bebi-Vegeta being the final boss in Final Bout. Not to mention, not sure you'd wanna count this, Kid Goku and Bardock's inner Oozaru spirits slightly emerging during their finishing moves in Budokai 3. Shame on you for forgetting, young 'un. :lol:
14 years later

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:52 am

I want a SSJ3 Radditz, just to see how long how his hair would get. >.>;;

Maybe an SSJ Pan for the sake of finally having had a female super saiyajin.

Either way, we can dream, but I am by no means going to complain about the current line-up.

Mr.Piccolo

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:02 pm

I like the oozaru forms in the new games. It gives the saiyan characters that probably won't be used as much a purpose (Raditz and Nappa). Now it will leave more opperunities for what-ifs within the game. I just hope in the sequel, the oozaru will be a bit bigger and shoot more ki instead of 'super rocks' :P

Yeah, Raditz in anyform beyond the first level of super saiyan would look ridiculous. If he went level three he would probably look like cousin it of the Addams Family...don't ask.. :wink:
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:52 pm

I always imagined it more like a massive cape of hair dragging several meters behind him.

MysticGogeta
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MysticGogeta » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:08 pm

For something like Nappa going super saiyan in the game, I always pictured his eyebrows, mustache and tail would turning gold.

AceSharp
Not-So-Newbie

Post by AceSharp » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:17 am

I love the Oozarus. It really gives lesser characters like Raditz and Nappa (who are usually deprived of any sort of 'special' ability) a huge boost.