New Kanzenban Ending - "Daizenshuu EX" Style!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

New Kanzenban Ending - "Daizenshuu EX" Style!

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:20 am

Julian's gone and scanned / translated the new kanzenban ending. Check it, y0. Compare with original ending, too!

Daizenshuu EX - Multimedia - Images - DB Manga Ending
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:35 am

I like it!

Infact I was hoping someone would make a section to highlight the new ending. I want to comment on the Vegeta quote at the end though. I don't think Toriyama was implying that Vegeta still wanted to beat Goku to avenge his pride, only to become the best fighter he possibly could.

omae no kaasan
OMG ULTIMATE DBZ INF0RZ D00D

Post by omae no kaasan » Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:36 am

Since Toriyama hasn't spoken about it...yet, there is no real answer. But personally, that final quote seems to be Toriyama, yet again, not taking himself or the series seriously. In essence, nothing has changed, it's back to square one.

Nyogo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nyogo » Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:19 pm

I hope Vegeta's quote leads to a new manga series.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:32 pm

I disagree... Vegeta was saying it in a more casual sense, like to say "I'm not insane anymore, but I'd still like to best you in a fight, one day." Of course, it's natural to feel that way.

It's true that Toriyama would do things like that, but I still think he knew what he was talking about... this time.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:51 pm

I agree. He says "defeat", not "destroy" or "kill" or anything like that.
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:02 pm

PsyLiam wrote:I agree. He says "defeat", not "destroy" or "kill" or anything like that.
Yeah, that sounds more like he'd be satisfied with a straight fight until one of them couldn't fight anymore. Not pinning him to a wall and bitchslapping him followed by attempting a kienzan.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:00 pm

What I think I like the best about the new ending is the changed ending narration. I prefer that Toriyama's says that Earth will be alright because it has some "incredible guys" rather than the dragonballs. After all, it was Goku and the others that did all the "grunt work", and I thought that they were starting to rely on the dragonballs too much in a way. 8)
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:32 pm

Yeah, the Dragonballs are just as easily used for evil as good so the new ending makes better sense. I still love seeing Uub riding the Nimbus, especially that one pannel with the 'shadow' image of Goku beside him...
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:21 am

This was my thinking concerning the final Vegeta quote:

Vegeta found out earlier that Goku was entering the tourney, so he did too because his need to defeat (not kill) Goku in battle was rekindled. Before they could fight Goku takes off. Vegeta's iffed, but no more than that.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:15 pm

Yeah it's one of those, "You can't ignore fighting me forever, and when we finally do I'm going to kick you butt." kind of things. You know, said with a smile/grin/smirk.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

SpiritBomb
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SpiritBomb » Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:52 pm

Yep! Vegeta is no longer "evil", just a guy who wants a fight and to proove himself. Yeah..that guy's got the biggest ego ever.

I like it, EX! Good new addition to the site!
Some day, you'll be wishing for today.

http://gogocookiedough.blogspot.com/

Alias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Alias » Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:37 am

I loved the thing with Goku and Uub. The original ending was too abrupt and... odd. Whereas the new one actually has a sense of closure. I've never liked Goku leaving his family to live with someone else's very much, but at least it was better done this time.

The thing with Vegeta though... Weird. Towards the end of Z, especially in the anime, he gave up on his rivalry with Goku, declaring Goku to be #1. Heck, he was even friendly towards Goku after Buu's defeat. Now, he wants to beat him up again? This totally kills the essay I was writing against the GT version of Vegeta's desire to defeat Goku. Well, maybe not completely, but it does put a rather large dent in the plan.

SpiritBomb
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SpiritBomb » Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:23 pm

I didin't like that of Goku either. He just left his family to train some kid for a year or maybe two. How many years was it anyway? We know like nothing of the kid and he has the smallest role ever yet Goku goes off to live with him after being dead for 7 years, then having to fight some dude when he finnaly does get back. I'm sorry but I'm going with Chi-Chi on this one. Or..it could simply be bad luck with the rest of the stuff but this was Goku volunteering (did I spell that right?) to just go live with this dude. Sheesh!

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:40 pm

SpiritBomb wrote:I didin't like that of Goku either. He just left his family to train some kid for a year or maybe two. How many years was it anyway? We know like nothing of the kid and he has the smallest role ever yet Goku goes off to live with him after being dead for 7 years, then having to fight some dude when he finnaly does get back. I'm sorry but I'm going with Chi-Chi on this one. Or..it could simply be bad luck with the rest of the stuff but this was Goku volunteering (did I spell that right?) to just go live with this dude. Sheesh!
He trained for 5 years. He went back home right at the beginning of GT (yes, it was 5 years, not 10. Check the timelines) and figured that Chi-Chi would be mad.

As for why Goku vanished, he just knew that Uub was Kid Buu's reincarnation and wants to make sure he lived up to his potential. :D

Okay, yeah, that's not enough reason to abandon his family for another 5 years after living home for.. Lese... 5, 3, 10... Holy crap, he only lived at home 18 years in all of DBZ.

SpiritBomb
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SpiritBomb » Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:50 pm

18 years?! Whoa! I never thought of that..so this Uub guy takes up 5 years of Goku's life at home..I forgot that it was 5 years...You know, they show no scenes of affection between the two after they get married. All I remember is when he's spinning her around but then drops her (more like throws her by accident) cause of Vegeta. :) Ah! I love that scene..

Anywho, thanks for clearing that up!

Alias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Alias » Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:45 pm

It was ten years. Positive. Look at Uub in GT, he hardly looks like he's fifteen years old. And Bra definitely isn't 11 years of age...

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:50 pm

Alias wrote:It was ten years. Positive. Look at Uub in GT, he hardly looks like he's fifteen years old. And Bra definitely isn't 11 years of age...
No, it's officially 5 years. Check out the timeline on Greg's site.

http://www.ultimatedbzinfo.com/timeline.html

The 28th Tenkaichi Budoukai's listed at 784 AD and the start of GT is 789 AD. :P

As for the aging.. Well, look at Z. Specifically Gohan in the Cell Saga. He's, what, 11?
Last edited by B-kun on Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:52 pm

Uh....where does the GT timeline come from exactly? :?
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:53 pm

Dayspring wrote:Uh....where does the GT timeline come from exactly? :?
The Perfect File, apparently.