Did 2015-2018 fly by for anyone else in terms of Super?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

Did 2015-2018 fly by for anyone else in terms of Super?

Post by precita » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:51 pm

You know sometimes it seems like only yesterday we heard the news that Dragonball was coming back with a new series after 18 years. We got two new movies but nobody ever expected a full blown weekly series again.

The weird thing is how it completely....flew by. Like it's hard to believe Super started in 2015, it certainly doesn't feel like 3 years passed, but it did. While the show, or a new Dragonball series will likely start next year, it's hard to believe it's all over already. If you went back in time just 5 years ago and told someone all the events that happened in Super, they probably would have burst out laughing in complete disbelief. I mean that in both a good (and bad) way, due to all the highs and lows of the series, the new characters and new transformations.

But it really did fly by.

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Re: Did 2015-2018 fly by for anyone else in terms of Super?

Post by Kanious » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:30 am

Yes! Every week that i was watching DBS, even on 2018, i always felt "wow! Dragon Ball is back, what a time to be alive!!". Now it will be a long wait until we get the movie and a potential new series.

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:33 am

It did fly by, but I'm happy that the last episode basically 100% confirmed the show will be back and that they're only taking a short break.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:16 am

Asura wrote:It did fly by, but I'm happy that the last episode basically 100% confirmed the show will be back and that they're only taking a short break.
If by "short" you mean a year then yes. It isnt coming back until atleast April 2019

Thanos

Post by Thanos » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:53 am

PFM18 wrote:
Asura wrote:It did fly by, but I'm happy that the last episode basically 100% confirmed the show will be back and that they're only taking a short break.
If by "short" you mean a year then yes. It isnt coming back until atleast April 2019
That seems like a realistic timeline, in all honesty. Though I'd say maybe a bit later. With the new film dropping in December, they'd probably wait a while to announce the continuation/a new series to let the movie cool off, so maybe they'd announce something in April for a summer release? I have a feeling Dragon Ball will be back on television by summer of 2019, though I'm generally not one to speculate.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

Asura

Post by Asura » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:11 am

PFM18 wrote:
Well yeah, it is pretty short given it's probably just going to be right after the movie, which is what all the resources are being poured into now.

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:22 am

100% connfirmed?? What makes you think this?

Asura

Post by Asura » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:29 am

Sani007 wrote:
100% connfirmed?? What makes you think this?
The narrator at the very end says "When a new, unknown powerful enemy appears, Goku and his friends' adventures will begin again. Until then, a brief parting."
I see no reason why they would end it with "a brief parting" unless they had plans to have the show return. I don't really think they're talking about the movie either since they said their "adventures will begin again." I wouldn't really call any movie an adventure, it's too short to be one.

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:40 am

The narrator could also refer to the movie(s). Toei said they don't have plans for TV show.

I'm not right, but I really hate Kitaro, and I'm going to press dislike on all videos on the official youtube channel. I know that pathetic, but I don't care ... :D

Asura

Post by Asura » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:59 am

Sani007 wrote:The narrator could also refer to the movie(s). Toei said they don't have plans for TV show.

I'm not right, but I really hate Kitaro, and I'm going to press dislike on all videos on the official youtube channel. I know that pathetic, but I don't care ... :D
Nah, I don't think so. TOEI said they don't have plans for a brand new TV show, they didn't say anything about Super. To add even more possible proof to the pile, Nozawa gave some comments on the official DBS website after the final episode in which she says

"With the recording session for the final episode of Dragon Ball Super over... I'm filled with emotion. Sure enough, Goku was his old self! While the TV anime is taking a little break, there's still the movie in December, and I hope that another TV series will start up while the iron is still hot. I'm sure Goku will keep on training like always. Because the world of Dragon Ball will just keep on going and going!"

She says that the anime is "taking a little break." She also says that she hopes "that another TV series will start up while the iron is still hot." I think this means that she doesn't quite know when the series will return, but she knows that it will return. I'm also pretty sure the "another TV series" is just her referring to the anime series airing another time after the movie.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:02 am

It kinda did, I can't fully accept this entertaining mess started 2.75 years ago..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:15 am

Asura wrote:[quote="Sani007"
Nah, I don't think so. TOEI said they don't have plans for a brand new TV show, they didn't say anything about Super. To add even more possible proof to the pile, Nozawa gave some comments on the official DBS website after the final episode in which she says

"With the recording session for the final episode of Dragon Ball Super over... I'm filled with emotion. Sure enough, Goku was his old self! While the TV anime is taking a little break, there's still the movie in December, and I hope that another TV series will start up while the iron is still hot. I'm sure Goku will keep on training like always. Because the world of Dragon Ball will just keep on going and going!"

She says that the anime is "taking a little break." She also says that she hopes "that another TV series will start up while the iron is still hot." I think this means that she doesn't quite know when the series will return, but she knows that it will return. I'm also pretty sure the "another TV series" is just her referring to the anime series airing another time after the movie.
I hope you're right. :thumbup: Unfortunately for me these aren't 100% confirmations yet.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:49 am

Yeah, the last two and half years been a breeze. But it was so much fun following Super, with it's highs and lows, that I'll really miss it. If it does come back, I hope it comes back even better.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:53 am

Thanos wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
That seems like a realistic timeline, in all honesty. Though I'd say maybe a bit later. With the new film dropping in December, they'd probably wait a while to announce the continuation/a new series to let the movie cool off, so maybe they'd announce something in April for a summer release? I have a feeling Dragon Ball will be back on television by summer of 2019, though I'm generally not one to speculate.
Summer again is my prediction too. After the movie in December it'll give them half a year head start for the new series, more time the better.

DbzRyan24

Post by DbzRyan24 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:44 pm

The last 3 years have flew by! Never did I think I’d have new Dragonball material as a weekly series. Thanks for all the posts on this site too during the journey all your debates have made it better too! Until the next episode when it comes back :D (I think it will)

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:34 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Thanos wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Summer again is my prediction too. After the movie in December it'll give them half a year head start for the new series, more time the better.
I going to give a bold prediction that probably won't be right but I think that Super/new show could come in 2020. That would be right before the Summer Olympics and it will give the rest of the world time to watch the movie if it doesn't get a worldwide release. It's a bold prediction but I think it could work.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:05 am

Time fly's when having fun.

Super was exciting.

obiwan23s
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by obiwan23s » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:52 am

It really did not fly by for me. I knew Super was coming out, but did not really start watching until the Champa arc simply because I knew the first two arcs were just the movie storylines. For the Future Trunks and Tournament of Power arcs though, I've been watching pretty close to weekly when I can. I really tried to take it in and enjoy having a new Dragon Ball show to watch despite some of the flaws. I'm glad I did it that way and I look forward to seeing Dragon Ball return soon.

DragonBallLove
Beyond Newbie

Post by DragonBallLove » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:23 am

Our daughter was born in 2016, she's about to turn 2 years old now, we are heartbroken that a given thing in life this years has ended.