Amazing! Cha-la and Bokutachi live!

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jord
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Amazing! Cha-la and Bokutachi live!

Post by Jord » Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:26 pm

While brosing the youtube, I found these very interesting perfomances by Hironobu Kageyama

Cha-la
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBp8X7VN ... ed&search=

Bokutachi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=417B9V5i ... ed&search=

Great performances and the crowd makes it even better.
Jord doesn't have a avatar because the combination of Jord and a equally cool avatar would cause the universe to implode.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:03 pm

Excuse the phrasing...

But this is precisely what dubbies are missing out on... an entire crowd of people with their fists up in the air chanting "CHA-LA! HEAD-CHA-LA!" in total communal dedication and love.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Taku128

Post by Taku128 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:16 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Excuse the phrasing...

But this is precisely what dubbies are missing out on... an entire crowd of people with their fists up in the air chanting "CHA-LA! HEAD-CHA-LA!" in total communal dedication and love.
No, I'm sure they have concerts where Joe Nobody performs Rock the Dragon live. :lol:
­

Jord

Post by Jord » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:55 am

I've also found We Gotta Power, also in Barcelona.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-A5kCLnwMw
Jord doesn't have a avatar because the combination of Jord and a equally cool avatar would cause the universe to implode.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:06 am

It's amazing how Kageyama can do something like HEAD CHA-LA, then a yaer later do something like Hikari no Tabi

Best Kageyama live performances ever. 8)

Speaking of Hikari no Tabi... KUKO must have been shitting hersel, standing in the same booth as him... he's CRAZY... LOL.

Boku-tachi wa Tenshi Datta will remain my favouritist DB song ever!! W00t!!
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:02 pm

If Kageyama Hironobu starts going to anime cons, I'm so there! :shock:

Kula
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kula » Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:17 pm

Mike, what exactly do you not like about You Tube? There's clearly some great stuff on there, as evidenced by this thread. I apologise if you already explained in one of the podcasts.

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:52 pm

Castor Troy wrote:If Kageyama Hironobu starts going to anime cons, I'm so there! :shock:
YES!!!! I will be there in the stage with him chanting.
XBL Gamertag: Dragon Piece
Send me a message letting me know who you are
[quote="penguintruth"]In the case of the Mountain Dew, the DBZ dub is like drinking Mountain Dew and thinking, "I sure do love Coca Cola!"[/quote]

BrollysKin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrollysKin » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:37 pm

But we cant really sing along.

It would sound like blah blah blah blah blah blah blah CHA-LA HEAD CHA-LA!
Like Star Wars? Like Podcasts?
Check out the Star Wars Action News Forums: www.swactionnews.com

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:53 pm

And people from Barcelona should know more than we do?
XBL Gamertag: Dragon Piece
Send me a message letting me know who you are
[quote="penguintruth"]In the case of the Mountain Dew, the DBZ dub is like drinking Mountain Dew and thinking, "I sure do love Coca Cola!"[/quote]

Brakus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brakus » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:04 pm

I may be a diehard dubbie, but at least I'm open to watching something in Japanese. I have started to watch some of the DBZ movies in Japanese, where it takes on a completely different tone. That said, I sang "Cha-La Head Cha-La" at karaoke at AWA this year. Not everybody recognized what the song was based on the title alone, but when the music started, I heard people go "OH MY GOD! I KNOW THAT PIECE! I LOVE THAT PIECE!" and got the crowd going with my singing and stage presence, very similar to Hironobu Kageyama's performance in that videoclip. "Cha-La" is just one of those definitive anime theme songs that can get everybody going and will put a smile on everybody's faces if done very decently. I can only hope I did Kageyama-sama proud with my performance.
- J

"Whatever you do, enjoy it to the fullest. That is the secret of life."
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

Jord

Post by Jord » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:23 am

The person who uploaded the videos will also upload Unmei no Hi live accrding to his profile.

I watched some more Kageyama videos on Youtube and he's REALLY a great artist. He not only sings, but also can play guitar and the harmonica simoultanious which is pretty hard.

The best part however is the enthousiasm he brings into his performances. There are a lot of great artists out there but you can see he really loves his work which makes it even more special.

rael1983

Post by rael1983 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:07 am

Hi, I'm from Spain. I have this video uploaded via megaupload but I don't know if I may put the link in here.

Tell me about.

Jord

Post by Jord » Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:11 am

Unless it has appeared on a dvd or something it's pretty much legal.

Mystic Jack
Regular

Post by Mystic Jack » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:24 am

Ah, Hironobu Kageyama you honour us.
Singer, actor, chiropractor!

Mr.Piccolo

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:37 am

I couldn't see myself in a group ...
of people with their fists up in the air chanting "CHA-LA! HEAD-CHA-LA!" in total communal dedication and love.
I mean I'm a fan of the show and all, but I'm not the kind of person who would do that with any verison: Original of FUNi. It kind of ties in with the whole religion thing: I try not to do anything inherently evil, but at the same time you won't see me converting people like Kurt Cameron does... uh, what was the question? :)
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

Mystic Jack
Regular

Post by Mystic Jack » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:48 pm

Most people don't know what it means anyway, they just sing it! 8)
Singer, actor, chiropractor!