Scene Guide

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJHitch
Not-So-Newbie

Scene Guide

Post by SSJHitch » Sat Apr 24, 2004 7:40 am

Have you ever thought of doing a kind of scene guide, Vegetto EX? Like the old one I seem to recall from Planet Namek. It would be good to know all the decent Dragonball websites that are out there. Because right now the number I know of is decreasing rapidly, like Daizenshuu EX, DBZSC and DBU. I think it'd be good to let people know of the good Dragonball websites out there. What do you think?
Treading the thin line between insanity and genius

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:48 am

A scene guide? As in... a guide to the "scene" of what's hip in DBZ sites?

I'm the last person that would know what other sites exist. Any one that I go to... I dislike. So I don't go. Ever ^^.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Alias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Alias » Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:25 am

Almost all the decent Dragon Ball sites are long dead. Those that are still up either don't update, or update ever six months saying that they're gonna update someday... There's no "scene" left... *sniffle*

Wait, scratch that. That's wrong. The GT-themed full ep sites are still very much alive! Don't you want to make a guide to the "101 Ways to Download a DragonBall Full Episode"? You could explain the subtle art of affiliation, the nuances of Anti-Leech, the....

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:49 pm

That's why when I joined I posted a thread asking what sites ppl visit. Other than DaizEX, Temple o'Trunks, Lovely Cyborg and the Goten Shrine, there aren't many good sites out there. On top of that I'm not into shrines so drop the last three out of the four sites I posted. :(

I visit Planet Kanassa from time to time but VERY infrequently, and they too seem to be updating less frequently content-wise.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

SSJHitch
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJHitch » Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:21 pm

Alias wrote:Almost all the decent Dragon Ball sites are long dead. Those that are still up either don't update, or update ever six months saying that they're gonna update someday... There's no "scene" left... *sniffle*

Wait, scratch that. That's wrong. The GT-themed full ep sites are still very much alive! Don't you want to make a guide to the "101 Ways to Download a DragonBall Full Episode"? You could explain the subtle art of affiliation, the nuances of Anti-Leech, the....
Exactly, so I thought it'd be good to have somewhere, where you could find all the sites that aren't like that.

I'm kinda looking forward to when Dragon Ball loses it's popularity somewhat, then sites like that will disapear....hopefully

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:25 pm

I just checked out your site, hitch. It's really good.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:26 pm

My favorite example is when I want DRAGONBALL news from a DRAGONBALL site like DRAGONBALLZGTLEGACYOMG which is supposed to have DRAGONBALL content... and it's just like a paid ad for the newest FUNimation dub-only DVDs coming out.

"Here's my DragonBall site! Kodocha is lame, 'cuz it has no fighting! I want another fighting show! Yu Yu is cool! This is my DragonBall site! Lots of DragonBall stuff! Hey, the latest Sonic X DVD is coming out! DragonBall is cool!"

Boy, that'll probably get me in trouble. Whatever. It's the fuckin' truth.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SSJHitch
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJHitch » Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:27 pm

Heh thank you very much. I do try and put on a good show for my visitors. Although I fall victim to not updating as often as I should.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:48 pm

I liked how you called your new layout the "Kanzenban Edition" :P

Alias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Alias » Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:57 pm

I love shrines and fanwork archives, but even those are dead. The Goten Shrine is rarely updated anymore... The Bulma Briefs Affair converted to a general anime site, with DB becoming nothing more than a link on the menu... DragonBall Doujinshi updates only every some-odd months... Temple 'O Trunks almost never updates with actual DB content anymore... The other shrines stopped updating years ago... Fanfiction.net's DB works are beyond bad in quality... *sigh* This is why I'm building my own website, even though it's kind've late in the game. The DB fandom needs more than just media storehouses and recycled information (of which, mind you, is usually wrong). If I see one more 'Yo Momma Jokes thing added to a DBZ humor section... :evil:

VegEX, you hit the nail on the head.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:03 pm

If I see one more 'Yo Momma Jokes thing added to a DBZ humor section... :twisted:
That's why I went looking for that joke I made about the DB webiste life-cycle. Humour sections are dead when you find them. IF a website has one, it's comprised of 3 bad jokes getting copy+pasted on the other humor sites. Those 3 jokes being "Yo momma", "Ultimate DBZ Pick Up Lines" and "You know you're obsessed with DB when..." (which is quickly turning into "obsessed w/anime when...").

Alias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Alias » Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:14 pm

It's terrible, but true. Don't forget the "Thing DBZ Characters Would Never Say," filled with lines like "I hate studying!" or "I love Kakarot!" That's classic. Or you find some stupid three-paragraph story with the Z guys saying "Wazzup" to each other and arguing over who's a better Pimp. Oy... -_-

EDIT: Wait, I just found something that beats almost anything I've ever seen before in a humor section. Zip files of farting. Don't believe me? http://www.hostultra.com/%7Esaiyanblood/index.php

Where have all the flowers gone...
Last edited by Alias on Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:28 pm

Oooh oooh! I want more Trunks x Pan fanfiction !!!!!!!!!!!!

SSJHitch
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJHitch » Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:43 pm

Dayspring wrote:I liked how you called your new layout the "Kanzenban Edition" :P
Heh thanks. The new cover images by Toriyama are great. I thought it'd be a good idea for a layout.

Thank god for the farting files. I wondered where I could get my hands on "Troubled Fart Clip #076a"

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:09 pm

Alias wrote:Fanfiction.net's DB works are beyond bad in quality...
Not entirely true! Some of mine are good! :D Legend of the Super Sai-jin (spelled as such on purpose) and Of Angels and Demons would be the best one's I have up right now. [/shameless plug]

And of course, there's The Return by the Smooster. (I'd link it but FF seems to be down, or my computer's screwing up.) One of the best Fanfiction works ever written IMHO.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Alias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Alias » Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:44 pm

Not all of them are bad, but the vast majority are. I joined FF.net back in early 2000, and have seen the stready progression downwards. I'll check yours out soon, I can't now since FF.net isn't working.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:54 pm

Alias wrote:Not all of them are bad, but the vast majority are. I joined FF.net back in early 2000, and have seen the stready progression downwards. I'll check yours out soon, I can't now since FF.net isn't working.
FF.N NEVER works. Seriously. I've seen it crash 3 times a day. Something it crashes FOR 3 days

So yes. I kinda forgot my point.

... *waves a flag* Kupi. ._.

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:48 am

What a funny site.

Taken form their "information" section:

"Akira Toriyama is the creator of Dragonball and Dragonball Z. What about Dragonball GT you might ask. Well Akira didn't make this one. I think fundamtion created GT, but I'm not sure."

SSJHitch
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJHitch » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:01 am

Wow their attack list looks highly familiar..........
Stolen from Greg Werner's site methinks......... :x

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:10 am

SSJHitch wrote:Wow their attack list looks highly familiar..........
Stolen from Greg Werner's site methinks......... :x
The fact that the attack list is the only place he uses japanese names should be a pretty big clue.
Then again, pretty much every site out there steals that list.

It's sad.