Dragon Ball Super Episode of Zeno: Skipping the Future Trunks Arc

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Hobby Bill

Dragon Ball Super Episode of Zeno: Skipping the Future Trunks Arc

Post by Hobby Bill » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:03 am

So I really dislike the future trunks arc both as a standalone arc and a midquel between the Uni 6 arc and the TOP. So I decided to take it upon myself to make a fan edit where I combine the plot necessary bits from the FT arc (2 Zenos) with the best aspects of the post FT episodes (like Gohan vs Goku and Kuririn vs Goku).

This episode acts as a replacement to the Future Trunks arc and smoothly ties into the Tournament of Power Arc.

I won't directly share the episode but you can find it if you rummage through here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OVdcC ... c4MurdBPVk

The episode is in Beta and it suffers from one nitpick that I'll save for later just to gauge whether or not it's THAT noticeable. I would like to get people's thoughts on this experiment and see if anyone else shares my views on the FT arc.

Skar
Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Super Episode of Zeno: Skipping the Future Trunks Arc

Post by Skar » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:50 pm

I guess there being two Zenos is really the only thing preventing the Future Trunks saga from being a self-contained filler saga. I watched your video but I didn't understand what timeline Goku brought the other Zeno from since the events with Zamasu didn't happen. Did that Zeno destroy Trunks' timeline or was that supposed to be a new unseen timeline?

Hobby Bill

Re: Dragon Ball Super Episode of Zeno: Skipping the Future Trunks Arc

Post by Hobby Bill » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:11 am

That's a very good criticism. Unfortunately, I don't think I can address it. I thought of it more like foreshadowing as to what Zeno announces in the TOP about destroying the universe that loses. Essentially implying the uni 7 won't win. I'll see what I can do about it though, thanks for watching.