How powerful do you think a Piccolo and Lord Slug Namekian fusion would have been?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Angelus
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

How powerful do you think a Piccolo and Lord Slug Namekian fusion would have been?

Post by Angelus » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:21 am

Let's say an old Lord Slug

Matches Malone
Banned

Re: How powerful do you think a Piccolo and Lord Slug Namekian fusion would have been?

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:26 am

If the fusion takes place after he's fused with Nail and Kami, I'd put him somewhere between Buu arc's Ssj2 and Ssj3 Goku Ssj2.

Angelus

Re: How powerful do you think a Piccolo and Lord Slug Namekian fusion would have been?

Post by Angelus » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:10 am

Oh yeah I meant at least Buu Saga Piccolo

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:46 am

It'd be the strongest fusee ever for Piccolo. Nail made him 5x stronger, Kami probably 2x stronger, maybe 3x. Slug was like Freeza's initial forms, so I'd say 10x stronger would be fair.
Buu arc Piccolo wasn't that strong, to me he was somewhere in between Cell's last 2 forms. Relative to the SS2 I'd say after merging with Slug.

I think he'd be a match for the fat Majin Buu if he is stronger than the Cell Jrs. It depends on how strong you think Piccolo was.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:56 pm

Since it's old Lord Slug I would say he goes from high SSJ1 tier to low SSJ3 tier. He would be innocent Buu-Kid Buu level. Still not enough for Super Buu however

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:30 pm

Maybe somewhere around Majin Vegeta? It would be a pretty massive jump

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:51 pm

Fusing with King Piccolo in one of the games made him Super Level so I'll be generous and say he would be in par with pre rosat ssj Gotenks.

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:25 am

You guys are massively overrating Slug. Nail made him relative to Freeza because Nail was already a fraction of Freeza’s power, but fusing with Nail again at these present power levels wouldn’t yield a big result.

At best Piccolo with Slug could beat a Cell Jr, Vegeta would be shocked that the Namek is stronger than a full power Super Saiyan. But he’s not beating Perfect Cell just with this, let alone being between SSJ2 and SSJ3.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:35 pm

nickzambuto wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:25 am You guys are massively overrating Slug. Nail made him relative to Freeza because Nail was already a fraction of Freeza’s power, but fusing with Nail again at these present power levels wouldn’t yield a big result.

At best Piccolo with Slug could beat a Cell Jr, Vegeta would be shocked that the Namek is stronger than a full power Super Saiyan. But he’s not beating Perfect Cell just with this, let alone being between SSJ2 and SSJ3.
Nail mad Piccolo anywhere from 5 to 20x more powerful. Kami should have at least doubled his Android saga power.

Slug who is stronger than 1st or 2nd form Frieza should get CG Piccolo at least SPC level.

As said before in supersonic warriors Buu saga Piccolo fusing with King Piccolo could take on Super Buu.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:55 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:35 pm
nickzambuto wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:25 am You guys are massively overrating Slug. Nail made him relative to Freeza because Nail was already a fraction of Freeza’s power, but fusing with Nail again at these present power levels wouldn’t yield a big result.

Nail mad Piccolo anywhere from 5 to 20x more powerful. Kami should have at least doubled his Android saga power.

Slug who is stronger than 1st or 2nd form Frieza should get CG Piccolo at least SPC level.

As said before in supersonic warriors Buu saga Piccolo fusing with King Piccolo could take on Super Buu.
In the manga, Nail said that the merge would make Piccolo 5x stronger.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:23 pm

Slug is no push over.

Such a weak fighter like Nail pushed Piccolo so far. Slug is far stronger than Nail. I imagine Slug would make Piccolo as strong as Frieza if they merged in the Namek saga, between a SS grade 2 and SS2 if they fused before the Cell games, and to Majin Vegeta or just below Majin Vegeta if they fused after the timeskip.

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:02 am

Koitsukai wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:55 pm In the manga, Nail said that the merge would make Piccolo 5x stronger.
I don't recall him stating an exact number. Are you sure?
miguelnuva1 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:35 pm As said before in supersonic warriors Buu saga Piccolo fusing with King Piccolo could take on Super Buu.
Yep, I recall that. That seems like a bigger jump than the Kami fusion to be honest.
It could be because Kami was getting old and closer to death (or side-effects of the Mafuba is my personal theory), but we have an official battle power of 220 for him. Which is lower than King Piccolo's battle power of 260.
Since Kami and King Piccolo are both Dragon type Namekians, and should pretty much be identical, this could imply that the power level of both fusees does matter for the final merger.

That being said, Slug not only seems to be a Warrior Type Namekian (confirmed according to Legends, apparently), but he's probably also the second strongest Namekian in Universe 7. I can easily see his and Piccolo's merger being stronger than Super Vegito, perhaps even stronger than SS4 Goku from GT, falling just a little short of guys like SS4 Gogeta and SSG Goku.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:28 am

DBZ Macky wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:02 am
Koitsukai wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:55 pm In the manga, Nail said that the merge would make Piccolo 5x stronger.
I don't recall him stating an exact number. Are you sure?
I just checked the manga and it's there, but I also checked the anime scene in japanese and Nail says "many times" if I understood correctly. It might've been a mistranslation of my copy of the manga

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:46 am

Koitsukai wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:28 am I just checked the manga and it's there, but I also checked the anime scene in japanese and Nail says "many times" if I understood correctly. It might've been a mistranslation of my copy of the manga
Yeah, I double-checked myself and he definitely says "several times" (数倍) in the Anime, which is less impressive than the "several tens of times" (数十倍) stated for Gogeta in the guide-books. 4-5x does seem like a good estimate, all things considered.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.