Which character would you like to be relevant?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

super michael
Advanced Regular

Which character would you like to be relevant?

Post by super michael » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:28 am

In this thread you can choose which character you want them to be relevant, let see which character people will choose to be relevant. It doesn't have to make sense, seeing the humans has superior feats than SSJ3 Gotenks, so you don't have to be limited to power scale of the story.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Which character would you like to be relevant?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:08 am

Chiaotzu. Because.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Yo'Goodfella
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Yo'Goodfella » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:12 pm

Katopesla, with the combined knowledge of Bulma and Paparoni, trashes gods with the best suits of the multiverse.

I'll get a bit crazy with it, let's have a suit for each letter.

A- Arrest mode. Able to instantly trap an enemy by pointing his finger at them. He better be careful not pointing at himself a la Vegeta.

B- Battle mode. Instead of just the power multiplying, it's all battle capabilities such as senses, endurance, precision and trashtalking.

C - Charisma mode. With the sheer potency of his speeches, he is able to rouse allies and strengthen them. Doesn't work on stoic people.

D - Disc-O mode. A deadly disk that cuts a limited amount of space. Preferably for a short bit. Also makes a funky sound every time it activates.

E - Emergency mode. Instantly activates all sirens in the range of 1 square mile and sends a video feed to stations nearby. Useful if multiple emergencies are occurring at the same time, may cause backlash for excessive noise.

F - "Frick!" mode. Bypasses all tv ratings to swear with no consequences on any E rated or similar show he ends up in.

G - Gum mode. His body and suit becomes gum like Buu. He is also edible. If he loses chunks though, he can also rely on...

H - Heal mode. Unleashes a healing aura with great power, but about 5- meters wide. Enemies can sneak up on that and get the heal for themselves, and say a heartfelt "thanks!" afterwards.

I - Instant mode. The next action he does, he is able to transcend time to do it instantly. Wheter it is a punch, a beam or making tea. (He could also Modo Change into another form instantly without the wind-up, but he cannot resist saying the name of the mode out loud afterwards, so it won't be as effective as it should be)

J - Job mode. He cannot select this mode, but it has a random, very small chance of appearing every time he Modo Changes. When it does, he instantly loses and falls flat on his face. Bulma and Paparoni deny any knowledge of that mode.

K - King mode. He is able to summon a bunch of subjects that he is able to command freely, but with only S and B modes to work with. Also due to a limit in species it works on, those subjects will only be penguins. And yes, they have the suit on.

L - Looney mode. He straight up gets cartoony, weird powers. It's a bit exaggerated, so expect Hanna Barbera style sounds for every action he takes.

M - Master mode. He is able to perfectly perform any technique that was used last. However, he can only do that while the mode is active and it lasts about 30 minutes. So, if an opponent knows, he can just fire out a ki blast in the middle of his Modo change and that technique will be the one Katopesla learns.

N - Nuke mode. Instantly creates a massive explosion as he talks. The suit takes no damage, but the environment definitely will.

O - Oracle mode. He essentially goes galaxy brain for twenty seconds and is able to perfectly answer a singular question done to him during that time. However, he gets a brain freeze afterwards.

P - Pose mode. He poses and everybody in sight range must stop their actions and admire his posing prowess. If particularly effective, they'll try to imitate it with various results.

Q - Quip mode. Same but he goes for witty one-liners instead.

R - Rage mode. His anger instantly erupts and he is able to combo This into his other modes, so he can fight angrily, pose angrily, and have angry penguins join in.

S - Speed mode. Now his speed is comparable to Dyspo's Super Light Speed mode, but with the added caviat that he talks incredibly fast as well.

T - Time mode. Able to stop time. With poses. Really nothing we haven't seen before, so they commit to the bit and the harder he poses, the longer it lasts.

U - Ultimate mode. All abilities of each mode at once. Overpowered on paper, but comes with quite a bit of caveats that make it impractical. He explodes, and he is always angry and made of gum. His speed and battle prowess can get out of control, as well as the volume on his sirens, and the brain freeze will eventually get him. Also mode J can still activate with the same chance as usual.

V - Vintage mode. The visuals turn back to the style of old DBZ at his command. May come with some off-model shots which an enemy may not appreciate, or some amazing drawings which the characters themselves will marvel at.

W - Warmth mode. He is able to control heat and freeze at will, for various ice and fire based attacks. Particularly powerful ones my be able to pierce barriers and affect the opponent internally, but Katopesla will also suffer collateral damage of the respective temperature.

X - Xtreme mode. Any action he takes, anything he says, will have an increased multiplier of x300 radicalness. The distraction caused by the Xtreme sound effects and Xtreme closeups will bring him a mental advantage, and his combat performance might be increased too. If augmented with R mode, it turns into Heavy Metal.

Y - Yank mode. He is able to pull any object or person close to him. Purely an utility mode, but it can backfire by accidentally pulling something undesirable to his face.

Z - Zumba mode. Cannot be activated by U mode. He instantly preps up music and setting to dance Zumba perfectly as purely a celebration. It will always be Zumba.

I wonder if I took it too far...

(Also I would really like to see Rozie actually heing strong and relevant but that would mean to leave Ribrianne and Kakunsa in the dust, as they are a trio, after all, and one character was specified.)
Pretty much a guy who has been really late on catching up with Dragonball and Fighterz.

I'm really not an expert on the matter, but I like to think.

Jamtia

Post by Jamtia » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:07 am

I was actually thinking I kinda of wished Yajarobe hung out with the Z Warriors more. Though he would get in the way. But man cutting off Vegeta's tale like that is one of the most impressive things in the series to me.

I would have liked to see Yamcha be relevant more in Z. Kuririn, Tien and Piccolo both had their moments especially contributing in the Cell saga. But I can't recall Yamcha doing anything useful. It's too bad he became more comic relief. I really appreciated his character in DB. Though he was comic relief in that to, he was still a fighter and I dug me some wolf fang fist.

Trunks and Goten in Super.

But other than that I think they've been doing a pretty good job.

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:11 am

Every DB & DBZ cast is possible.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:25 am

I want to see Chi-Chi relevant. I want her to have multiple sides to her character and also kick ass in fights both alone and beside Gokuu. :)
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:22 am

Assuming this is talking about moving forward in Super (since I’m not sure how else to take it), only new characters and the few Super has chosen to focus on (so, say, Vegeta and Gohan, preferably in that combination rather than always appearing alongside Goku and Piccolo, respectively).

Otherwise rotate that cast, baby! U6 and 11 characters, Freeza, Broly, Pan, Oob, etc. Maybe aged up Goten and Trunks? But they’d have to be totally re-establishes and I honestly think it’s probably better not to have them crowding up main cast slots just because they’re the protagonists’ kids if there’s nothing that really calls for them.

No need to dredge back up anyone who had already been naturally phased out during the original run. DB was never that precious with its cast. It constantly grew and rotated.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:42 pm

I hope Granohlah stays relevant. Use the Super Dragonballs on him at the end of the current arc, give him back his lifespan while still keeping his current power.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:50 pm

Everyone not named Goku and Vegeta would be a great start.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Jamtia

Post by Jamtia » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:11 pm

Grimlock wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:50 pm Everyone not named Goku and Vegeta would be a great start.
That's kinda why I'm anti God powers with them. It's like the other characters matter even less. I get that even in the Buu arc it was really up to them, but at least the others contributed more somehow.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:27 pm

I mean, you can have Super Human God and Super Namekuseijin God (there's already a transformation for the latter that can serve for such purpose) any day as well.

It all comes down to feeling like using the other characters in a good contributory way, or to keep up favoring only Goku and Vegeta in every opportunity it appears.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Ironixie

Post by Ironixie » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:03 am

... Most of the Z cast, if I were to choose a particular character I'd probably say Yamcha as his character has been established for many years but he has no clear purpose on where his character is going. I think the character roster is very large in Dragon Ball and therefore should have more than just a Yamcha side a manga spinoff though, don't get me wrong Yamcha is a cool character and he's even my personal favorite human it's just a lot of characters are just not in use either.

Characters like Tien, Piccolo, and Krillin or 17 & 18, Goten & Trunks should have more stories, stories that focus on all of them but just a different character each or something, shows like One Piece manages to have a large roster of characters but also knows when to spend time with each one, but Toriyama doesn't do that, he kind of just creates and changes focus on other characters, this is likely the result of him being so off the cuff with his writing, which means he probably makes these characters without really having a plan for them to be in the story for the long run, he just doesn't have a plan for these characters is what I think.

I'm not even asking for a whole lot, just get a reputable writer who can write side manga and Filler for the TV show and we'll be good, likely a guy like dragongarow LEE doing the writing, he did very well in writing the Reincarnation of Yamcha storyline, he's a very talented writer and artist, he captures the feeling of dragon ball, but dragon ball does everything it can to distance themselves from the human race, even in video games they always refuse to do anything with humans, never techniques or forms. It is kind of a shame too that Toei doesn't really know how to listen, these characters are basically easy content that's being wasted, and I think he is talented, Toei can easily bring someone like him on board to just write a ton of stories for humans, piccolo and Gohan.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:41 am

Grimlock wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:27 pm I mean, you can have Super Human God and Super Namekuseijin God (there's already a transformation for the latter that can serve for such purpose) any day as well.

It all comes down to feeling like using the other characters in a good contributory way, or to keep up favoring only Goku and Vegeta in every opportunity it appears.
In my own fanfic ideas, God Ki does exist in every mortal on a dormant, miniscule level but the vast majority of mortals do not know how to access or improve their latent God Ki. Thus, mortals stay weak and are unable to improve beyond the confines of ordinary Ki, if they can become proficient at even that.
The Z Senshi doing some training from Whis could certainly make this concept much more of a reality than if they just continue to sit around while G & V surpass them by million-folds.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

The Iron Fjord
Beyond Newbie

Post by The Iron Fjord » Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:32 pm

Videl, for the love of God, Videl. Even if it's just her beating up some human, or weak alien thugs to protect her baby.
The Iron Fjord will kick you in the nuts!

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:57 pm

The Iron Fjord wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:32 pm Videl, for the love of God, Videl. Even if it's just her beating up some human, or weak alien thugs to protect her baby.
A fan can dream, mate. A fan can dream... :cry:
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:31 pm

It would be nice if Buu was a little more active... Buu falling asleep during an IQ test was funny, but all the other times he's been unable to participate because, "Oh no! He's fallen asleep, and you nothing we can do will wake him out!" was really annoying. He's one of Earth's strongest warriors, and since he only became a good guy near the end of Dragon Ball's original run, we didn't get much opportunity to see him contribute. GT had him merge with Uub, but that was about it. Now Super's here, and we barely get to see him to anything. We even got a new form (didn't like how it looked, but it was something), only for him to instantly revert back to it when he...falls into a deep hibernation again.

But I generally agree with a common sentiment here. Anyone other than Goku and Vegeta getting a chance to do something would be cool. Even Future Trunks took a backseat in his own arc. The Tournament of Power gave us a bit of time for other characters to shine, and that resulted in some of the show's best moments. More of that, please.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:11 pm

Yamcha, Oolong, Puar, Tien, Chiaotzu. All those guys.

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:17 pm

Piccolo has such an interesting backstory out of all the characters in my opinion, and it’s hardly ever explored. The story of Katas, the struggle it took to becoming guardian, and Piccolo literally being the embodiment of evil yet still having a redemption arc is really overlooked. More recently, referencing the namekian book of legends then in the manga talking about how Namekians come from a different realm needs to be explored via our favourite Namekian. It feels like his life on Earth is very stagnant, and there are a lot of ways to make him relevant from a power perspective as well, and I know I’ve been saying this for many years, but unfortunately Goku and Vegeta is the norm. It’s a damn shame really, just a waste of potential.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:36 pm

All the half-humans

If we're going to leave all the full humans in the dust, we could at LEAST get Gohan, Goten, and Trunks some actual impact roles.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:32 pm

More Merus, need to see what his level of strength is now considering he is no longer Angel.

Could be interesting with him having principles of perfect UI but not the body to channel it properly. Could train up with some of the weaker cast since he’s not top tier yet - like with the Z fighters. Then they can receive some of Merus’ wisdom and he gets them as equal strength sparring partners.

He could call them up whilst Goku + Vegeta are doing something else since he knows they helped the galactic patrol out. Imagine a surprise reveal that they’ve been doing this training.