Funimation's 30th Anniversary Collection still available in the UK

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Funimation's 30th Anniversary Collection still available in the UK

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:33 am

Zavvi has listed it for "pre-order", with a release date of December 12th.

While I think this is nice for people that missed out when it was available on the Funimation UK store, or are in Ireland and it wasn't available to them I'd still recommend the standards, which have really nice packaging, spine art and collectables.

I say both this and the Manga UK steelbooks that were originally Amazon exclusives and also listed on Zavvi recently are leftover stock because they were all released in a short space of time for a smaller market than the US.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

SaiyanLives

Re: Funimation's 30th Anniversary Collection still available in the UK

Post by SaiyanLives » Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:22 pm

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:33 am Image

Zavvi has listed it for "pre-order", with a release date of December 12th.

While I think this is nice for people that missed out when it was available on the Funimation UK store, or are in Ireland and it wasn't available to them I'd still recommend the standards, which have really nice packaging, spine art and collectables.

I say both this and the Manga UK steelbooks that were originally Amazon exclusives and also listed on Zavvi recently are leftover stock because they were all released in a short space of time for a smaller market than the US.
Thats great news but i second this!
I also bought the standard manga uk release,
they`re great even comes with goodies inside.
also the cardboard sleeve sucks i heard its also really tight that you could scratch it every time you slide the disk out...
Go for the standard if possible
Or steelbooks, then this as last option imo

Super Kal

Post by Super Kal » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:07 pm

i recently discovered these myself via Amazon, and i must say, the extras that are included in the standard releases are wonderful.

the last time I had the complete series was in 2009 and those were the orange bricks. it is my goal to have this version completed

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:25 pm

Super Kal wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:07 pm i recently discovered these myself via Amazon, and i must say, the extras that are included in the standard releases are wonderful.

the last time I had the complete series was in 2009 and those were the orange bricks. it is my goal to have this version completed
Would you know if the extras are different than the 2013 Blu-ray release? I recall that the features on my 2019 anniversary set were identical to the ones that Funimation put out on their widescreen Blu-ray release 5-6 years earlier. And I'm not sure, but there could be some nonsense from back then about "Oh, this is the perfect release!" which is completely laughable seeing as we've had a release since that changed some things around.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:08 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:25 pm
Super Kal wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:07 pm i recently discovered these myself via Amazon, and i must say, the extras that are included in the standard releases are wonderful.

Would you know if the extras are different than the 2013 Blu-ray release? I recall that the features on my 2019 anniversary set were identical to the ones that Funimation put out on their widescreen Blu-ray release 5-6 years earlier. And I'm not sure, but there could be some nonsense from back then about "Oh, this is the perfect release!" which is completely laughable seeing as we've had a release since that changed some things around.
I think by extras he just meant the posters and art cards included with Manga UK's standard release.

I have the 30th set myself and also remember most of the special features being lifted from the 2013 sets. 'The World of Dragon Ball Z' from the old singles is on there too, and some interviews from the Ultimate Uncut era. I think there was at least one brand new featurette, focusing on fans saying what the show means to them.

Super Kal

Post by Super Kal » Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:36 am

TheGreatness25 wrote: Would you know if the extras are different than the 2013 Blu-ray release? I recall that the features on my 2019 anniversary set were identical to the ones that Funimation put out on their widescreen Blu-ray release 5-6 years earlier. And I'm not sure, but there could be some nonsense from back then about "Oh, this is the perfect release!" which is completely laughable seeing as we've had a release since that changed some things around.
the above poster is right, I apologize if i caused any cofnusion.