Mr. Satan can go die a painful, bloody death.

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Mr. Satan can go die a painful, bloody death.

Post by Thanos » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:10 pm

Am I the only one who almost threw their PS2 controller through their TV when using Mr. Satan to fight #18 in the Tenkaichi Budokai, and using him to fight Majin Buu while holding him off so Son Goku could charge the Genki Dama (or something like that...)? I'm sick to death of him being in my DBZ fighting games, tarnishing my fun, making me want to punch stuff. He was kind of funny as a character in the first Budokai game, but adding him to the rest of the Budokai games, and putting him in the Sparking! games is just not cool. It's almost impossible to beat anyone with him. What's the point? Seriously. Someone enlighten me.

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:27 pm

I agree. The only way that you can win a battle is by spamming his special moves. And that's just boring as hell. He could be included in as a character, but he shouldn't be part of the Dragon Adventure/main part of the game.

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:33 pm

Eh, it's fun to play as him sometimes, and it's a challenge. I still miss the Ultimate Battle 22 Mr. Satan though, whose ki charge move did nothing and just had him stand there and go, "Ooooooooooooooooo!"

-Corey

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:07 pm

I have to admit I liked Mr. Satan a lot more when he was just a novelty fighter. Except that ever since Budokai 1 he's gone from novelty character to regular character. :? Ironically I think the one game he might have actually been fun in is Super DBZ, but he was a no show.

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:10 pm

Deus ex Machina wrote:I have to admit I liked Mr. Satan a lot more when he was just a novelty fighter. Except that ever since Budokai 1 he's gone from novelty character to regular character. :? Ironically I think the one game he might have actually been fun in is Super DBZ, but he was a no show.
Exactly. They better have Mr.Satan in the next SDBZ, he's the most logical character to include in the entire series! Think about it...Mr.Satan+other people's abilities=USEFULNESS! He'd actually be fun to play with in that game.

nathantheguitarist

Post by nathantheguitarist » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:22 pm

MajinVejitaXV wrote:I still miss the Ultimate Battle 22 Mr. Satan though, whose ki charge move did nothing and just had him stand there and go, "Ooooooooooooooooo!"

-Corey
LMFAO!

I remember that! That made me laugh for a good hour or two :lol:

As for Mr. Satan being in the games, he was only good in Budokai 1. To me he was easily the best character. Then he just got worse and worse :cry:
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:27 pm

I like to play has him exactly because he's the most dificult character to win with, it's really very challenging. And I didn't have many problems in is battles, well some, but I had more dificult fights than his. Want a challenge? Try beating Brolly with him, or better yet, Omega Sheron. I know I'm not crazy enough for that xD

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:38 pm

Budokai 1 Mr. Satan was awesome since I used him to beat the World Tournament to unlock the Great Saiyaman.

Mr. Satan mode was the best part of Shin Butoden for the Saturn.

Aremke
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Aremke » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:46 pm

I think the biggest problem with that Mr. Satan vs. 18 Fight wasn't so much Mr. Satan's ineptitude as a character. It was more the linear, mandatory story mode that you *had* to play through in order to progress in the game and his respective speedbump therein. If it was an optional fight, it'd be a different story.
"Justice, Honor, Hope, Purity, Victory"

Update: Issue 10 is up! Volume 1 is complete!

Please check out my Yamcha fan manga:
http://www.rmkworld.net/ELSEWHERE/elsewhere.htm

future_trunks
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by future_trunks » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:11 am

Don't forget Hercule vs. Cell. I hate that I have to do them, but I also hate stay alive battles because your opponent has huge blows with the simplist punch.

I like Hercule's moves and stuff but I hate playing with him on story mode.
Cuz you're an ocean, you're an ocean, settle down settle down what's the commotion?

gohanku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by gohanku » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:57 am

Budokai Tenkachi had a better Mr Satan, his special attack took a lot of damage to replace his crappy punches but Sparking! Neo, mr Satan is the gayest thing I have ever seen! His UB is a random thing and B2 is the same as a normal B2 which make Mr Satan so darn hard to use! I hope they make him better next time.
[quote="SSj Kaboom talking about Future Gohan in BT3"]I feel sorry for Future Gohan.

Everyone's like, "What?! What are you doing with [b][i]two[/i][/b] arms?! You tear that off right now, mister!"

Poor guy.[/quote]
Lol'ed.

Dizzyegg05
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Dizzyegg05 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:24 am

Lets face it,these Mr Satan story matches are only as testing as any story match in BT 1. BT 2 is such a flipping walkover its unreal.

I remember my first match in BT 1 usng Piccolo against Gohan Oozaruu.

I actually like the way that the Human characters are more, well Human i BT2. Roshi and crew not being able to fly this time
Invisble Story of my life!

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:47 pm

Broli was easy with Satan. It was Juuhachigou (and to a lesser extend, Kurilin) that were a bitch to fight.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:11 pm

In the Android saga, on "The cell games begin" I beat Yamcha with him, though I pretty much just repeatedly did his L2+Triangle move the entire time.

I do remember when my local Hollywood video was holding a Budokai Tenkaichi 1 tournement and I trained for a whole month by trying to beat Oozaru with Mr. Satan on the hardest difficulty. I ended up missing the tournement because my parents had to take me to get shoes...
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Taku128

Post by Taku128 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:38 pm

They gave Mr. Satan the abillity to teleport in NEO, doesn't that make him a little bit more useful? (Most likley the result of rushing the game, not to make him a better character)
­

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:45 pm

Big Momma wrote:In the Android saga, on "The cell games begin" I beat Yamcha with him, though I pretty much just repeatedly did his L2+Triangle move the entire time.
That was the only use I found for him.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Dizzyegg05
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Dizzyegg05 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:48 pm

Oh stop all the negativity you zealots. FFS its a game with 1 fighter out of how many that you find annoying!!!! If you wanna be picky , I find kid Trunks a little Shit to be honest but you know what ...I DONT CARE!!!

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:49 pm

The S wrote:
Big Momma wrote:In the Android saga, on "The cell games begin" I beat Yamcha with him, though I pretty much just repeatedly did his L2+Triangle move the entire time.
That was the only use I found for him.
Oh yeah, 1 million zeni and the "Fox Mask" to fuse Grandpa Gohan!(That character was a disappointment to me...)
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Dizzyegg05
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Dizzyegg05 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:56 pm

Oh yeah, 1 million zeni and the "Fox Mask" to fuse Grandpa Gohan!(That character was a disappointment to me
Well this is an example of DBZ/GT overshooting itself.
Grandpa Gohan was real tough but when they started going stupid in GT , you can expect not to get excited about him when you have super duper Gogeta saiyan 700 or whatever i`ve lost count lol

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:12 pm

Think of Mr. Satan as Dan Hibiki. =D Winning with either of them just proves that you're a good player. XD Plus they're both made of awesome.