Super Buu... to Kid Buu?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ben Plante
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Super Buu... to Kid Buu?

Post by Ben Plante » Sun May 09, 2004 3:33 pm

If I recall correctly... Kid became Fat when he absorbed two Kaioshins. Those Kaioshins were not removed from Super when Goku and Vegeta were inside him. When Fat Buu was ripped out, he became Kid Buu, and most people use the logic that Fat Buu was the one with the Kaioshins, so then Buu reverted back to his Kid state. BUT! Super Buu was nothing more than Thin Buu with Fat Buu mixed. He wasn't even really a part of the Buu lineage, he was just Buu's evil side. When Fat Buu was ripped out, didn't it make more sense for him to go back to Thin Buu? I NEVER understood that.

HELP!
"Chrysanthemums will wither together with its leaves, lying beside the fiery eyes soaked with blood. Even then, your sublime status will never be shaken, even if only half of your limbs will remain. To increase the fascination within the drama, should the search for a new partner begin? If so, then head to the east. You will definitely meet the one who is waiting for you."

Ben Plante
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ben Plante » Sun May 09, 2004 4:33 pm

Man, guess nobody has a clear cut answer here.
"Chrysanthemums will wither together with its leaves, lying beside the fiery eyes soaked with blood. Even then, your sublime status will never be shaken, even if only half of your limbs will remain. To increase the fascination within the drama, should the search for a new partner begin? If so, then head to the east. You will definitely meet the one who is waiting for you."

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun May 09, 2004 4:52 pm

It's sunday on a mother's day. Wait more than an hour.

I always felt that way too. I guess Toriyama either didn't see the logic until after he had written the chapter, or didn't care in order to make the story have one final 00ber climax.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sun May 09, 2004 5:05 pm

Here we go. My explanation may differ from those of others, but I don't care.

Okay, we start with Kid Buu. He absorbs South(I think)kaoishin and becomes Buff Buu. Buff Buu abosrbs Dai Kaioshin and becomes fat Buu. Fastforward a few million years. Fat Buu 'vents' out thin Buu, the dark half that Dai was supressing. Thin Buu eats Fat Buu and creates Super Buu.

Now, why? Well, look at fat and thin Buu. Now look at fat and thin Gotenks. See any simalarities? IMO Dai's purity prevented a 'correct' fusion when Dai was first absorbed. Good = Fat, Evil = Old/thin. So, when Thin Buu was 'kicked out' we had the two incorrect fusions. Old/thin eats Fat and the fusion becomes 'correct' resulting in Super Buu. So, if Dai hadn't supressed Buu's power we would never have had Fat Buu and just gone straight to Super Buu.

Now, with that out of the way the rest makes more sense. Since the Kaioshin's were in the 'Fat Buu' body they went with him when he was removed. And since he was no longer fused with anyone there was no 'correct' or 'incorrect' form, only his true form.

Make more sense now?
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Ben Plante
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ben Plante » Sun May 09, 2004 5:12 pm

I totally forgot it was Mother's day, what with my sister giving birth a few days ago making me Uncle Ben... all the focus was on that rather than a holiday. Eh, that's okay. Soon I'll be making rice, and ultimately dying at the hands of a crook little baby Talia failed to stop.

Ben Plante
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ben Plante » Sun May 09, 2004 5:14 pm

Nice explanation Xyex... excuse me while I go put my brain back together, as it just exploded.

Seriously, not a bad theory.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun May 09, 2004 5:24 pm

Indeed. By your theory, if super boo was expunged from fat instead of thin boo getting kicked out, and then absorbed fat boo, do you feel he would have transformed into kid boo with the intelligence of super?
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sun May 09, 2004 10:49 pm

No, that wouldn't be possible Dayspring. That would be like saying Fat Gotenks could spit old/thin Gotenks out of himself. You can't get a whole from a half, no matter how hard you try.
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Good point.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun May 09, 2004 10:57 pm

........so you think kid boo was part of super boo? O_o

I'm just trying to use your theory to figure out why Super Boo was so much smarter than Kid, Fat and Skinny put together.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Mon May 10, 2004 3:19 am

Hmm... let me try to explain this more clearly...

Okay, Kid Buu + South Kaioshin = Buff Buu + Dai Kaioshin = Super Buu. Fat and Thin Buu are both incorrect fusions of Buff and Dai. As such Buu's inteligence wouldn't have gone up by much, Buff wasn't much smarter than Kid. However, once Thin ate Fat and the fusion was corrected forming Super Buu he'd have had full access to his mental faculties he'd gained from the two Kai's.

There, how's that?
<Xyex> Good point.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon May 10, 2004 8:43 am

Dayspring wrote:........so you think kid boo was part of super boo? O_o

I'm just trying to use your theory to figure out why Super Boo was so much smarter than Kid, Fat and Skinny put together.
Dayspring, Super Buu wasn't really that smart. He became smart only after absorbing Piccolo and gaining his intellect.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

James R. Cadwell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by James R. Cadwell » Mon May 10, 2004 9:28 am

Jerseymilk wrote:Dayspring, Super Buu wasn't really that smart. He became smart only after absorbing Piccolo and gaining his intellect.
"Super" Buu did come up with the plan to absorb Gotenks all by himself. IIRC, Buu said that he planned to absorb Gotenks when he first sensed Gohan, but he knew that the fusion was only going to last a few more minutes. So Buu waited until after Gohan arrived, hid for an hour after self-destructing, convinced Trunks and Goten to fuse again and then absorbed Gotenks.

Sure, it's not exactly a complex strategy, but it's clever for a DB character.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon May 10, 2004 9:47 am

Yes I agree it was a good plan, but that was after a loooooooooooong time of fooling around with fights here and there. Plus, who says that's why he waited for an hour? It could very well be that that's how long it took him to think up the plan! He could have self-destructed in order to buy time since he was backed into a corner.

James R. Cadwell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by James R. Cadwell » Mon May 10, 2004 10:05 am

Jerseymilk wrote:Yes I agree it was a good plan, but that was after a loooooooooooong time of fooling around with fights here and there. Plus, who says that's why he waited for an hour? It could very well be that that's how long it took him to think up the plan! He could have self-destructed in order to buy time since he was backed into a corner.
I think I remember him implying that he started to work on his plan before he fought with Gohan. But yeah, he may not have had the specifics worked out immediately. Otherwise he would have gone into hiding when he first sensed Gohan's new power.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon May 10, 2004 10:20 am

Well, who really knows? Could be either way I guess. :? Still, even if it was that well planned, he still comes across as quite dumb in my opinion when Piccolo's trying to deal with him during the time he is at Kami's lookout.

James R. Cadwell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by James R. Cadwell » Mon May 10, 2004 10:34 am

Jerseymilk wrote:Well, who really knows? Could be either way I guess. :? Still, even if it was that well planned, he still comes across as quite dumb in my opinion when Piccolo's trying to deal with him during the time he is at Kami's lookout.
I thought he seemed dumb, too. But not that much dumber than Goku, Cell and quite a few other characters.

Radditz: Let go of my tail.
Goku: No, you're evil.
Radditz: I'm nice now.
Goku: Oh, okay. I guess I'll let you go.

Cell: If I become perfect, I can beat you.
Vegeta: No way. Go become perfect then.
(Cell beats Vegeta.)

Gohan: If I unleash my hidden power, I can beat you.
Cell: No way. Go unleash your hidden power then.
(Gohan beats Cell.)

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon May 10, 2004 10:41 am

:lol: True, true! But in a way, Buu was supposed to be a lot like Goku wasn't he? I mean, he also seemed to be a "gifted" fighter in the same vein. At one point Goku says that Buu can pick up a technique just by seeing it done once, the same way Goku learned how to do Muten Roshi's "Kamehameha". So the "dumb" air that he had just fits right in with the similarities.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon May 10, 2004 11:10 am

Hahah. I love how this question keeps coming up. I'm glad I'm not the only one that saw no logic in the Buu transformations. It's one of the big things holding me back from finishing that damn respective "Transformations" page...
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon May 10, 2004 11:26 am

I don't blame you EX. I get a headache frequently trying to sort it out. :?

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Mon May 10, 2004 11:36 am

I actually quite like the idea that Fat Buu is an "imperfect fusion" in some way. It does tie in with other fusions-gone-wrong that we've seen.

Also, this probably isn't the best place to mention it, but shouldn't Vegito be included on the list of fighters that went Super Saiyan 2, on the transformations page? He had the lightning and everything.
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]