Sparking NEO! Wins award

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Sparking NEO! Wins award

Post by Big Momma » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:14 pm

This show can really make me laugh, and it can really make me mad, but this time it has made me a screaming fanboy. :D

Scroll down to the video "Xplay's best of 06- Best Fighting Game"

http://www.g4tv.com/xplay/videos/index.html
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:36 pm

Wow...why? Was it the only game to come out this year? Because, honestly, I couldn't force myself to complete it :P

-Corey

Taku128
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Taku128 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:39 pm

MajinVejitaXV wrote:Wow...why? Was it the only game to come out this year? Because, honestly, I couldn't force myself to complete it :P

-Corey
It's because of the Wiimote. The Wii version won the award, not the PS2 version.
­

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:48 pm

It's always fun when the "underdogs" win. :lol:
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:07 pm

... :shock:

O_o...

*dies*

Wow, I NEVER would have expected that. o_O

Well, at least it gives me a reason to yell "Suck this!" to all the people who think that all DB games suck. XD

Hell, it beat Tekken and Mortal Kombat. O_o

I would have actually put some cash on Tekken to win...

In my opinion, Tekken>>>Mortal Kombat>>>DBZ.

So... wow. Must get a Wii. :shock:

Yay for Sparking! NEO, I guess! XD
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:43 pm

Don't forget Street Fighter Alpha Anthology. That game is 10 levels of uber.

I can't really same I'm surprised. The people at Xplay are crackheads. I hate that show.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:56 pm

The S wrote:Don't forget Street Fighter Alpha Anthology. That game is 10 levels of uber.
Yeah, well, I was only doing that from the nominees.... :roll:
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:33 pm

Makes me glad I'm not giving the PS2 version a chance.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:44 pm

The PS2 version is just as good as the Wii, beside the fact that there is no motion sensor control...

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:04 pm

Cool, would have never thought that a DBZ game would win an award. I guess I have to get the Wii version...when the freeloader comes out. :wink:

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:12 pm

Ha, ha, ha... owned.
the Tori-bot wrote:Well, at least it gives me a reason to yell "Suck this!" to all the people who think that all DB games suck. XD
Like the X-Play people and their obnoxious hosts?

IN YO' FACE, X-PLAY!

This makes me happy.
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

Dizzyegg05
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Dizzyegg05 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:29 pm

As a UK resident , is X-play the show with the Camp guy and the brunette??? Might of seen them on some vodcast once. Shit.
Invisble Story of my life!

nathantheguitarist

Post by nathantheguitarist » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:51 pm

Why did this make me hate these guys even more? Well... the whole "Congratualtions Dragonball Z, this may never happen again" line from that bitch... And the fact the fact that no one can say Budokai Tenkaichi correctly; the announcer "Budehkai Tenkawchi", the dumb bitch "Budehkai TenkEYEchi"

for shame -__-
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

Maphisto86
Patreon Supporter

Post by Maphisto86 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:07 pm

Well not everyone is a Dragonball fanboy errr girl... person. Actually until recentley I pronounced it that way. You can't fault people who don't speak (eat, live and breath) Japanese to pronounce such words correctly. :roll:

I'm actually surprised that Sparking! NEO won an award. Not that it's a bad game because I LOVE it. Though I thought that people would be biased because it's "Dragonball so only Dragonball fans could enjoy it". That and YES it is very different from your usual fighting game so it probably wouldn't appeal to your veteran fighting game fan.

theoriginalbilis

Post by theoriginalbilis » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:35 pm

Keep in mind that those awards were based on user-polls, not the X-Play staff.

Also, they've also been known to openly hate on DBZ on the show...

Still, congratulations, Sparking! NEO.

Maybe next time Super DBZ will take an award!

- Bilis :lol:
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:10 am

I doubt that... :o :lol:

Eclipse
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Eclipse » Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:45 am

Wow.....now this was a complete surprise. And here I was expecting Super Dragon Ball Z or some other fighter (Tekken, or the Street Fighter Alpha Anthology..which is pretty cool)
And the fact the fact that no one can say Budokai Tenkaichi correctly; the announcer "Budehkai Tenkawchi", the dumb bitch "Budehkai TenkEYEchi"
I thought you were supposed to pronouce it 'Budukai TenKAIchi'. Or the..'bitch' said it was 'Ten-ka-ichi'?

Oh well. I never really finished the game anyways. It wasn't that bad, though I'm ok with it. I just bought MGS2 and Budokai 3 (Greatest Hits, since I've never owned the original edition), so I'm happy right now.
Also, they've also been known to openly hate on DBZ on the show...
They have? Wow. How funny.

EDIT: I just watched the video...and amazingly Morgan (I figured out the name of 'the bitch'. Nice) pronounced it the same way I do..which means I've been pronouncing wrong >.>

On a side note, this beat out Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection? Wow...

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:05 am

I though Tenka-ichi was the right way. Wasn't it mentioned in a Podcast? They also say it that way in the commercial(Yeah, commercial) too. Oh, and for the record, Xplay openly hates every anime on the show, especially Naruto...(He doesn't say "believe it" anymore, and that's only the dub. WATCH THE ORIGINAL!!!*Get's back on topic*) I used to say TenKAIchi as well, I still do by accident sometimes.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:48 am

Big Momma wrote:The PS2 version is just as good as the Wii, beside the fact that there is no motion sensor control...
I really disliked Sparking! so the gimmick of an utterly new and fun control scheme utilizing the Wiimote, is, again, the only desirable thing about this game for me.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:53 am

*Continues doing Taunt Dance at X-Play people*
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.