Top 5 New Characters For Sparking! 3

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Top 5 New Characters For Sparking! 3

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:37 am

So, what do you guys all want. This is my list:

GT Goku
GT Goten
Baby (No Vegeta)
Future Gohan
King Cold

Oh, and please try to keep this thread from complaining about shallow gamplay and such. Chances are that this series will remain that way and just keep pumping characters, so let's make the best of it.

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:48 am

I think I speak for a lot of people for more "What-If" stuff. Especially the what-if fusions.

Id also like to see

Goku Jr. (cause he's the pwn, and he would complete the Son family)
Vegeta Jr. (see reason for Goku Jr., and it would also be fucking awesome if they threw in "what-if" Gogeta Jr. and Vegetto Jr. :D)
Ox-King (Ox-King FTW!) (I like Ox-king, and he can be another huge guy, cause I thought he could increase his size-correct me if I'm wrong though)
Oolong formerly Tapion cause I'm an idiot (imagine the transformation possibilities O_o, Oolong could be the fuckin Shang Tsung of DBZ!)
SSJ5 Goku (So I can whip the livin' shit outta everybody)

And a lot of the minor Dragonball (the series) characters, from like the tournaments and whatnot. I say these characters so it would allow a lot better Dragonball (the series) story modes, and even better "what-if" fights.
Last edited by nathantheguitarist on Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:51 am

nathantheguitarist wrote:Tapion
Just a note, he was in Sparking! NEO.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:58 am

GT Kid Goku (With appropriate transformations) - Obvious reasons. A GT story mode is nothing without it's protagonist.

Ledgic - Everyone knows already that I think Ledgic is awesome.

Mirai Gohan - Already been said. He was a very interesting version of Gohan that at least deserves a seperate skin, if not a character.

...And do I even need an explanation for these last two?

Arale
Neko Majin

8)
Last edited by Kaboom on Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

nathantheguitarist

Post by nathantheguitarist » Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:02 am

Ex-Dubbie369 wrote:
nathantheguitarist wrote:Tapion
Just a note, he was in Sparking! NEO.
Damn... I overlooked that... maybe this is the fact that I'm gonna be a cheapass and wait till Sparking NEO is a greatest hits release on PS2 :P

But there's just so0o0o many characters on Sparking NEO already, and he's not such a high priority, that I simply over looked that...

Just ignore it, and replace it with Oolong :lol:
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

Maker777
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Maker777 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:21 am

Umm...
1.Puar
2.Oolong
3.Chi-Chi
4.Android 8
5.Pilaf, Shao and Mai
6.Arale Norimaki.

As for the 6th choice. I don't care.
[b]Mr.Pedestrian[/b]
[url=http://www.users.on.net/~mateen/][b]Shnay Krew[/b][/url]
[url=http://mrpedestrian.deviantart.com/][b]DeviArt[/b][/url] || [url=http://www.myspace.com/_1_a][b]MySpace[/b][/url]

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:23 am

Every character who ever threw a punch in there series...and that fish goku fought.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

nathantheguitarist

Post by nathantheguitarist » Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:02 am

Big Momma wrote:Every character who ever threw a punch in there series...and that fish goku fought.
I don't recall seeing Pilaf or Mai throw punches :?

So I'm going to have to say, everyone who has ever been in the whole damn trilogy, except for innocent bystanders :lol:

Even the oh so ever-mentioned "farmer with the power levelz of 5!" :P

EDIT: We might as well throw in Arale, and a lot of other Dr. Slump characters. And throw in all the versions of characters in the One Piece crossover, AND the One Piece people who weren't DBZ people, but were still in the crossover... oh yeah, and all the Neko Majin characters :lol:

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:08 am

Hell, Sparking! NEO turned Tapion into the ultimate sword weilding bad-ass, and all he did was play a flute in movie 13. That alone shows how creative they can get. >_>;;
14 years later

mAcChaos

Post by mAcChaos » Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:36 am

I want less characters that are more developed, not more.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:55 am

mAcChaos wrote:I want less characters that are more developed, not more.
Ex-Dubbie369 wrote:Oh, and please try to keep this thread from complaining about shallow gamplay and such. Chances are that this series will remain that way and just keep pumping characters, so let's make the best of it.

My list would look something like this:
  • GT Goku (SSJ,SSJ3,Golden Great Ape,SSJ4)
    I think the purpose of adding GT Goku should be fairly self explinatory; he's the only hero character in all of GT that ever gets any serious screen time, or does anything of importance. I opted to leave SSJ2 out of his transformations since he never actually used it in battle, and fighting as a golden ape against Baby would be a lot more fun.
  • Rild (Hyper Mega Rild, Hyper Mega Rild 2)
    The first real villian of the Baby saga (and argueably of GT in general), Rild was an interesting enough fighter to warrant his place in the fighter roster, especially considering his use of transformations and unique fighting techniques. Plus he could be used in the GT scenario where all the villians escaped Hell.
  • Future Gohan (missing arm version as alternate costume)
    I know there's already a multitude of different Gohan's in Sparking Neo as it is, but Gohan from Trunks' future world has always been a personal favorite of mine. And since No. 17 and No. 18 are going to be in the game anyways it would be easy to make him his own story mode. Of course this would work even better if they added the 14 year old Trunks.
  • Onio the Legendary Super Saiyan & Kuriza
    Neko Majin Z story mode, you know you want to play it. Throw in Cell arc Vegeta, Boo arc Goku, and the fat Majin Boo, and you have a story mode that pratically covers the entire NMZ series.

And if there's time...Bra from GT. Yes I know she doesn't fight, neither does Tapion or Mr. Satan. She has Ki enough to fly and she's half Saiyan, so she must be comparable to Videl atleast. Plus you could make Namek arc Bulma her alternate costume and pretend she's been posessed by Ginyu. :P
Last edited by Deus ex Machina on Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gohanku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by gohanku » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:21 am

1. Teen Goku (The one from after Red Ribbon Saga to just after King Piccolo Saga, I want that Super Oozaru Fist!)
2.Chi Chi ( She appearing after Super DBZ to show some attacks and I would love to play as her to beat some major villians! 8) )
3.GT Goku (SSJ1 SSJ2 SSJ3 SS4, I want to see him appear after so long.)
4. General Rildo (All three forms, he is one cool GT character, I want to see how they make those attack.)
5. Tsuru-Sen'nin (I wonder what they can do to him... They did have Master Roshi, so why not the Crane Master?)
EDIT: Damn, I was too late to put Rildo! I will put my reasons for wanting the others then.
Last edited by gohanku on Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
[quote="SSj Kaboom talking about Future Gohan in BT3"]I feel sorry for Future Gohan.

Everyone's like, "What?! What are you doing with [b][i]two[/i][/b] arms?! You tear that off right now, mister!"

Poor guy.[/quote]
Lol'ed.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:23 am

Similar to the thread I've just locked, this has the potential to be nothing more than a bunch of lists. No-one really cares about that, or even reads them. Alternatively, if you all would continue the discussion by at least remembering to add in a few comments about why you want those characters, and possibly what could be done with them, that would be great.

Thanks!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Eclipse
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Eclipse » Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:44 pm

And if there's time...Bra from GT. Yes I know she doesn't fight, neither does Tapion or Mr. Satan. She has Ki enough to fly and she's half Saiyan, so she must be comparable to Videl atleast. Plus you could make Namek arc Bulma her alternate costume and pretend she's been posessed by Ginyu. :D
You would love that, wouldn't you...

Jeez...120 characters in Sparking! NEO...Five bucks says the sequel will have 160 characters (oh hell, maybe 200?). Just a nice prediction.

But I only want two characters. I want that short little Android dude from Movie 7, it'd be funny playing as him...and I want farmer with shotgun :D Blasting away Freeza and Raditz will be much, much more satisfying..

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:49 pm

Eclipse wrote:But I only want two characters. I want that short little Android dude from Movie 7, it'd be funny playing as him...and I want farmer with shotgun :D Blasting away Freeza and Raditz will be much, much more satisfying..
Because guns do a hell of a lot versus DB characters. :roll:

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:05 pm

VegettoEX wrote: ...if you all would continue the discussion by at least remembering to add in a few comments about why you want those characters, and possibly what could be done with them, that would be great.
Well, if it makes you happy, I'll edit my previous post to include just that.
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

tainted saiyan
Beyond Newbie

Post by tainted saiyan » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:02 pm

Two words: Teen Goten
Chivalry

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:05 pm

nathantheguitarist wrote:Oolong formerly Tapion cause I'm an idiot (imagine the transformation possibilities O_o
Five minutes, then he can't transform for half an hour. He also doesn't gain any strength from transforming.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:28 pm

1. Kami-sama. Because everybody wants to be God.
2. Cold Daiou. I don't know why he hasn't been in a game before. He was a pretty big part of Freezer's return, and he lasted longer against Mecha-Freezer.
3. GT Chibi Son Gokuu (Base, SS, SS2, Ogon Oozaru, SS4) For obvious reasons.
4. Gyuu Maou. He could have the Kamehameha! Alternate costume could be his DB appearance.
5. Bra. Because she's half Saiya-jin, and the daughter of the fucking prince.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Gaiash
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gaiash » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:34 pm

Deus ex Machina wrote:And if there's time...Bra from GT. Yes I know she doesn't fight, neither does Tapion or Mr. Satan.
Mr. Satan does fight, just not very well.

Anyway heres my list of characters with their transformations.

GT Kid Goku (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 3, Golden Great Ape, Super Saiyan 4)
Like everyone else I want to play as GT Kid Goku, he has been neglected for too long. With this Goku theres more battles that can be done. And no, I don't just want a GT alternate outfit for DB Kid Goku, I want him to transform.

Dr. Wheelo Robot
This is simply to complete the list of movie villians, maybe include one of his henchmen too.

GT Goten (Base, Super Saiyan)
Having him and GT Kid Goku would complete the GT hero list (Provided other characters get alternate costumes)

Namu, Giran, Ran Fuan and Bacterian
Yes this is four characters but they all share the same spot in my list of who I want in the game. I want a classic Dragonball storymode and while perhaps Namu and Giran would be enough (Being Goku's apponents all all) adding Ran Fuan and Bacterian would complete the mix. And since they'll want to have a shockingly large amount of characters adding these characters.

Goten and Trunks as Mighty Mask
As a comedic character like Mr. Satan. I personaly would love to play as them like this, especially if when they are sent flying or using a special they say lines like "Stop kicking me Trunks"

As well as characters I think I'd like to say two other top 5 lists of what I'd like in Sparking 3. First is Alternate costumes listed as the character with the costume(s) in brackets.

Gohan (High School Uniform, GT Gohan)
My main reason for wanting High School uniform Gohan is to have the Gold Fighter and Gohans slightly different hair style. As for GT Gohan well I like Gohans GT design with the glasses, and like with Master Roshi he'd lose them with battle damage.

Goku (GT Clothes)
Goku's GT clothes looked good on him, plus they are the only alternate clothes for Goku I can see them adding.

Vegeta (Pink Shirt)
I loved the shirt, seeing Vegeta wearing pink made my day it really did. Seeing Vegeta fight in a pink shirt would be freaking awesome.

Teen Gohan (Goku's clothes, Long Hair)
Well he did wear them in the Bojack movie, it would look right for him to wear the right clothes for the Bojack storyline in the game. The long hair is for the Room of Spirit and Time until after he turns Super Saiyan.

Yamcha (Bandit Outfit)
If they introduce a Dragonball storyline they can used Yamcha without making him look too old.

Next up are transformations.

Broly (Base, Controlled Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan, Legendary Super Saiyan)
Well just to complete his transformations really.

Hirudegarn (Base, Transformed)
I don't really need a reason for this, but its mostly due to the fact I think it looks cool with a skull head.

Baby (Base, Second Form, Baby Vegeta, Super Baby 1, Super Baby 2, Great Ape Baby, Third Form)
Well we should get the chance to play as Baby when he isn't Vegeta. His Third Form would be an alternate transformation for his Second Form (Like Saiyaman for Gohan).

Super Buu (Base, Gotenks Absorbed, Piccolo Absorbed, Gohan Absorbed)
Sure Piccolo Buu doesn't do anything but neither did Tapion if I remember correctly. Like with Broly I mostly want to complete the transformations.

Nappa, Raditz, Bardock and Turles (Base, What if Super Saiyan, Great Ape)
I loved the What if Great Apes and would love if they continue that to Super Saiyan.
Proud Advanceshipper (Ash+May)