Dragonball Online Development Research

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.
User avatar
Noodlears
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2026 3:48 pm

Dragonball Online Development Research

Post by Noodlears » Mon Oct 05, 2026 4:30 pm

Hi there,

I am working on a YouTube video about the old Dragonball Online MMO, and I'm doing some research on the game. It's pretty hard to find much information on the game's development however. The company that developed the game never developed much else beyond a couple mobile games and went under shortly after the game did. I've found a few pages from their website on the wayback machine but its mostly promotional material.

So anyway, I was wondering if anyone here has any information on the development history of the game that I wouldn't be able to find through searching. Maybe articles that were published in Japanese that haven't shown up on my English searches? Maybe an old buried forum post or Q&A?

I'm trying to bring some light to an obscure part of Dragonball and MMO history so anything would be appreciated. Thank you!

TLDR: I'm researching Dragonball Online and want to find information on the game's development history.

User avatar
VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
Posts: 17867
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:10 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Dragonball Online Development Research

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Oct 05, 2026 4:35 pm

This is one of the best / most comprehensive recent deep dives:

https://venixys.substack.com/p/the-hist ... all-online

(Apologies for it being a Substack link, but unfortunately that's where they posted this.)
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: April 2026 |] ::

User avatar
Noodlears
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2026 3:48 pm

Re: Dragonball Online Development Research

Post by Noodlears » Mon Oct 05, 2026 8:11 pm

This is very helpful thank you so much!

User avatar
kiarasuraru
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun May 04, 2025 1:39 pm

Re: Dragonball Online Development Research

Post by kiarasuraru » Tue Oct 06, 2026 2:41 am

VegettoEX wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2026 4:35 pm This is one of the best / most comprehensive recent deep dives:

https://venixys.substack.com/p/the-hist ... all-online

(Apologies for it being a Substack link, but unfortunately that's where they posted this.)
Had no idea this existed. Thank you for posting it.

Post Reply