About Fonts...

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

About Fonts...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sun May 16, 2004 12:54 am

I know this is one we haven't discussed before, I'm hoping some of you photoshop savy members can tell me this. What is the font used for the DBZ and DBGT DVD covers?

The Z lettering is sorta sharp and curvy, while the GT font is reall wide and block type I guess. Does anyone have a good idea what these fonts are called, and where I might get them?

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: About Fonts...

Post by SaiyaJedi » Sun May 16, 2004 12:59 am

Deus ex Machina wrote:I know this is one we haven't discussed before, I'm hoping some of you photoshop savy members can tell me this. What is the font used for the DBZ and DBGT DVD covers?

The Z lettering is sorta sharp and curvy, while the GT font is reall wide and block type I guess. Does anyone have a good idea what these fonts are called, and where I might get them?
Not a clue... what I'm more concerned about is what the font is for the Japanese manga logo (it's the same font for both the original and kanzenban versions). It looks kind of like Impact, except that the rounded letters are more square and the lowercase "r" hooks over... and I've seen this all over the place. Hell, Viz even uses it for its Shonen Jump line of manga! So... what the heck is it!?! :?
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sun May 16, 2004 1:29 am

You could check 1001fonts, they may have what you're looking for. If they don't, it's not on the net.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sun May 16, 2004 1:48 am

I've checked out a few sites, but didn't find anything comparable. I'm almost certain that FUNimation and Viz bought custom fonts, meaning they won't be available unless someone copied them.