Ah... at risk of sounding dumb...

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

parron
Not-So-Newbie

Ah... at risk of sounding dumb...

Post by parron » Thu May 20, 2004 10:10 pm

Hoping this isn't one of those "Stupid debate" questions, like most powerlevel threads, but...

What is Bra's age in DBGT? It seems that every single place I go / person I ask I find a different opinion! Well, that's not true... here's what I've found:

1. People thinks she's two years older then Pan because she's taller, wears... eh, revealing, outfits, and the character biographies in the Daizenshuu say so (haven't read them, so can't say).

2. People say she's one year older for the same reasons as above.

3. People say she's younger because the timeline says so, and

4. People say she's younger in the manga and older in the anime.

@.@ Either way, I'm terribly confused. I was always under the impression she was 13 in DBGT, but that's just me. Anyone want to help me out, or something...?

I know it's a very minor point in the grand scheme of things, but as a fanfiction reader / writer, it's getting annoying to see stories with all four variations without knowing which one is right... -.-()

Thanks for your help, maybe!

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Thu May 20, 2004 11:11 pm

I understand your confusion; it seems everyone has a different opinion, and every one of them citing a Daizenshuu for proof. I personally have no idea, but I heard she's the same age as Pan.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri May 21, 2004 8:07 am

Yes, I'm pretty sure she's the same age. If not, she could be two years or a year older I guess, but I know she's definitely not younger!
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri May 21, 2004 9:40 am

The manga gives NO reference concerning Bra's age, but judging by the artwork she could be anywhere between 2 years younger to the same age as Pan.

Daizenshuu 7 states that Pan was born in the year of 779 and Bra in 780, making Pan about a year older.

I can't back this up, but I've heard that the charachter bios in th GT daizenshuu switched the years, making Bra a year older than Pan in GT.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri May 21, 2004 10:15 am

It's a little hard to believe that Bra is only two at the end of DBZ, we know that because Pan is three. If she is, then she's really ahead mentally and physically for a two year-old! She just doesn't look two, she looks to be at least four. :?

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Fri May 21, 2004 10:40 am

Then there's the way Bra looks during GT. There's no way she's any less than 3 years older than Pan. And that's assuming that it's ten years between the end of Z and the start of GT. If it's only five like some people have been saying... There's no way Bra's only 7 in GT. :roll:

For those wondering where that number came from: Pan = 3 at end of Z, Daizenshuu says Bra's a year young so she's 2. 2 + 5 = 7. Still, that's not much better than if it is ten years and Bra's a year younger cause then she's still only 12....
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri May 21, 2004 10:54 am

I could believe 12, but it's the fact that that would make her 2 at the end of DBZ. As I said, there's no way you can convince me that child looks like a two year-old.

parron
Not-So-Newbie

Post by parron » Fri May 21, 2004 11:34 am

She looks closer to two then six, which is (again) what some people say. Ah well, thanks for the help (even if I'm as muddled as before).

^^

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri May 21, 2004 11:54 am

I never said Bra was two and Pan was three. Pan is 4 at the end of Z and Bra is 3. That makes Pan 14 in GT, but with the mistake she becomes 13 and Bra 14. Which could explain why Bra is a boobless skank.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

Mochi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mochi » Fri May 21, 2004 1:12 pm

Gr! Is DBGT 5 or 10 years after DBZ? 5 years makes more sense because Pan would be 9! She doesn't look 14 to me! :? .... but Bra does.
Yes... I am... but you don't know that...

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri May 21, 2004 3:57 pm

5 years makes the most sense in terms of Trunks, Goten, Maron, Uub and Pan. Everybody else randomly seems to have aged at least 10 years.

Even then, Pan looks like she's 11/12 in GT, not 9 nor 14. Bra looks like she's in her late teens even though she'd be either 8 or 13, and Maron looks like she's Bra's age, even though she was 13 or 14 at the end of Z.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Fri May 21, 2004 8:07 pm

:twisted: *in a bad mood*

Didn't I tell you people to stop judging ages by appearances in a Dragon Ball series?! It simply can't be done!

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri May 21, 2004 8:09 pm

But that's just it: except for GT, it CAN be approximated.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Fri May 21, 2004 8:15 pm

Cell Saga Gohan. Plus, Bulma.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri May 21, 2004 8:31 pm

Cell saga Gohan = 10. After exiting room of spirit and time = 11. Cell saga Bulma = 34

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Fri May 21, 2004 8:51 pm

Does Gohan even look the age, though? And I meatnt that Bulma seems to be perpetually young-ish.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Fri May 21, 2004 9:06 pm

Personally to me, I thought 10 years between Z and GT made more sence than 5. At the end of DBZ Kuririns hair is just starting to gray. In GT he looks like he's 80.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri May 21, 2004 10:14 pm

It's true. Except for the few that I mentioned earlier, everybody looks at least 10 years older. I guess TOEI had problems with the 10-25 age groups.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Sat May 22, 2004 10:28 am

B-kun wrote:Does Gohan even look the age, though? And I meatnt that Bulma seems to be perpetually young-ish.
34 really isn't old though. Many women in their 30s still look young. Bulma may be starting to push it when we get to the Buu saga, but it's not impossible. Look at Sigorney Weaver.

And I suppose a logical question would be...does Bra look younger or older than Bulma did when we first saw her in Dragon Ball. To me, she looks younger (especially if we take it a couple of chapters in to Dragon Ball where she had straight hair, since that made her look a lot older). I can see Bra being 14, or possibly even a very early developing 11 or 12 year old. Unlikely, but not impossible.

How old are Goten and Trunks at the end of Z, again?
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat May 22, 2004 10:37 am

Goten is 16 and Trunks 17.