Looking to buy Dragonball manga

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rainking187

Looking to buy Dragonball manga

Post by Rainking187 » Sat May 29, 2004 9:34 pm

I am looking to buy the japanese rereleases of the Dragonball manga. I am specifically looking for first printings of the first ten volumes, and the obi (paper wraparound) for volume 12(Mine was all messed up).

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Sun May 30, 2004 1:35 am

Have you tried Amazon? Or, if you need a site in English, Sasuga Books should be able to get them in, if they're not already in stock.

Rainking187

Post by Rainking187 » Sun May 30, 2004 1:43 am

I collect first printings though, and there's no guarantee that if I order from them I'll get a first printing.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun May 30, 2004 1:48 pm

Uhh...where the hell would you find first printings of ANY manga that ENDED a decade ago?
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Sun May 30, 2004 3:09 pm

Well, he's talking about the rereleases, or the kanzenban. Those only started printing in...December 2002? First printings of those should be considerably easier than the original tankoubon, which started printing in September 1985. My tankoubon all have republication dates of 2001 or 2002.

But I don't know any guaranteed way of obtaining first printings, aside from asking someone who has them for certain, or going back in time and preordering them all. :?

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun May 30, 2004 3:16 pm

Woops. I misread the word "RErelease". I thought he was some hardcore collector that just gets first printings of tankoubon. If he had anything other DB for that case, I'd want me some too! :P
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.