AnimeNext 2004 - The Con Report!

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

AnimeNext 2004 - The Con Report!

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:24 pm

http://www.livejournal.com/users/VegettoEX/81331.html

Don't want to have to change all the HTML tags to BBCode, and such, so just go with it from there, and comment over here. Gonna type up more about the DBZ panel later for the site, but that's that. Here's hoping Maggie and Julian (whom I actuall haven't spoken to since the con) hop in with their own comments, as well!

BTW, the fifth person in the Ginyu image is my friend Dave, who won Action in the AMV contest and stayed with us at the con. Can't have the Tokusentai with only four people.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:18 pm

Man that looks like it was an awesome time, wish I could have seen it in person too, I can see all the energy there, sadly being poor means no airline tickets for me >.<

Still if you're ever in the Denver area let me know I'll definastly try and hook up with you or something like that.
-Laserkid

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:16 am

I'm really glad it went so well. ^_^ I think all of us wish we could have been. And I loved that Ginyu Tokusentai pic! XD You look absolutely insane there EX! The merchandise all lined up looks great. Is that a Trunks piggy bank in the center?
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

SpaceKappa
Regular

Post by SpaceKappa » Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:51 am

I thought that was Meri's Bubba Trunks.

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:22 am

Mizugi wrote:I thought that was Meri's Bubba Trunks.
Yep, that is indeed Bubba Trunks! I took it out for its first public appearance. :P

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:41 pm

Meri wrote:
Mizugi wrote:I thought that was Meri's Bubba Trunks.
Yep, that is indeed Bubba Trunks! I took it out for its first public appearance. :P
Was he shy, or did he manage to keep his kick-ass in yo' face bad-ass attitude? :P

Congrats all. Seems like it went 00ber well.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:29 pm

Dayspring wrote:
Was he shy, or did he manage to keep his kick-ass in yo' face bad-ass attitude? :P

Congrats all. Seems like it went 00ber well.
Bubba kept it on the down low. Seems like he was quite afraid of "da ladies" present during the con.

Or something.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:30 pm

You're all retarded.

Yep, the con went nicely, as did the panel! I definitely want to do it again, next year, but hopefully with some kind of twist. I'd like to do some kind of mini trivia game, maybe even with a prize.

I've gotta keep up the tradition of having awesome fun panels that actually keep the audience INTERESTED.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:39 pm

VegettoEX wrote:You're all retarded.
"Retarded". What a verb. What exactly is "tarded" that I'm doing it twice?
VegettoEX wrote: I'd like to do some kind of mini trivia game, maybe even with a prize.
:o Screw the con! Do a site contest! There hasn't been a website sponsored contest in years concerning DB! The prize could be a kanzenban or something! (Last volume w/alternate ending hint hint wink wink) :D
VegettoEX wrote: I've gotta keep up the tradition of having awesome fun panels that actually keep the audience INTERESTED.
Think "Shiny". :P
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:43 pm

I guess a tard is somebody who made a stupid mistake, while a retard is constantly repeating his mistakes and just being idiotic overall.

Wish I was there. The whole report just spells fun.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:37 pm

Dayspring wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:You're all retarded.
"Retarded". What a verb. What exactly is "tarded" that I'm doing it twice?
I dunno. When do you ever "veal" something twice? When did a renegade first "negade"?

Dictionary definition of "re":

re- pref.
1/ Again; anew: rebuild.
2/ Backward; back: react.
3/ Used as an intensive: refine.

It could refer to number three. However, it might have also come from the word "tardy" (from the French "tard"), which refers to something being late. "Retard" can refer to both people with slow development, and those who develop later than others. In fact, doing a quick search shows other words like "legate" appearing in French, so that's most likely it. Somehow over the years the "re" has got stuck on the front permenantly. It doesn't refer to doing it twice.

This ends your English lesson for the day. Let's now go back to looking at the report.
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

number18
Beyond Newbie

Post by number18 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:49 pm

Hehehe, here's my con report, with some more pics of us goofin off:
http://www.livejournal.com/users/number ... tml#cutid1

Also, there are some pics of my costumes from the con on my site, including a few of me getting a little angry at Bubba Trunks. Tee.
[size=75]"Are we gonna continue?"
"Of course."
"That's the spirit."

[url=http://www.lovelycyborg.com/]Lovely Cyborg[/url][/size]

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:35 am

I am going to hell for necro-posting, but eh.

Anyway, I finally got on Lovely Cyborg long enough to wander over to Celebrity Photos.

The Ginyu pose was hilarious. XD Cheered me up a bit. And Meri, I could definitely see you cosplaying Yuna from Final Fantasy X-2. You even have the right kind of hair. If you didn't mind letting it grow out for that REALLY long ponytail...

There was more I was gonna comment on, but that can be done on AIM.

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:55 am

B-kun wrote: And Meri, I could definitely see you cosplaying Yuna from Final Fantasy X-2. You even have the right kind of hair. If you didn't mind letting it grow out for that REALLY long ponytail...

There was more I was gonna comment on, but that can be done on AIM.
Omigod, omigod, omiGOD!!! Don't let Mike hear you say that! He's been pushing (OK, "pushing" is too hard a word) for me to do a Yuna outfit, but I don't cosplay at ALL, and don't know a thinkg about sewing. Plus, everyone dresses as her... but she's so damn hot, and her outfits rule!!

... why do I know all this stuff about a game I've never played? O_o

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:35 pm

You've never played FFX/-2?! O_O;;; Dude.

Ah, well. Yeah, Yuna rules. About him seeing my message... ^^;;;; Sorry. BTW, you really should get on AIM sometime. I've always wanted to talk to you.

*screams and hides from Mike's wrath*

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:44 pm

I do believe I've heard about this Yuna cosplay thing before, in one of our chat's I think. ^_^ And I'd assume the reason you know so much about a game you've not played comes down to one word. Mike. ^_^

And I have to agree with B-kun, I can see it too!
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:29 pm

I know enough about X/X-2 due to all the music videos, cosplayers, and general news about the game that I'd be living under a rock if I didn't know about the characters.

From a completely hetrosexual point of view, I think all of those FF ladies are hot. I wouldn't mind trying to make a Yuna outfit, and it wouldn't just be due to Mike's insistance, but because I also just think they're cool. But yeah, I do plan on playing the games once Mike and I get passed FFVIII. We haven't played any of the recent games, so we started from FFVII and are continuing on.

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:29 pm

B-kun wrote:You've never played FFX/-2?! O_O;;; Dude.

Ah, well. Yeah, Yuna rules. About him seeing my message... ^^;;;; Sorry. BTW, you really should get on AIM sometime. I've always wanted to talk to you.

*screams and hides from Mike's wrath*
My AIM name's MeriToT. What's yours? I can add you to my list.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:36 pm

My SN's Kaiba no Rabu. I'm almost always on except usually morning and early afternoons. It's summer and I like sleeping. >_>