Any Way To Get N64 footage?

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Any Way To Get N64 footage?

Post by Drabaz » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:47 pm

I really want to make a video with Super Smash Bros (original), but I have no idea how to get the footage to a format I can use to edit with (or if it's possible). So far, my friend simply aimed his digital camera at the TV and recorded some footage, but it's pretty bad quality. So if anybody can help me that would be great.
My Dragon Ball AMV's:
Pain into Power - Gohan Tribute - Best Character Profile at AnimeNext
The Dragon Ball Life - Original DB only AMV - Coordinators Choice at Anime Conji
When I See You Again [NEW!!!] - Goku & Krillin AMV - Best Drama at Otakon

JesseD
Not-So-Newbie

Post by JesseD » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:48 pm

A video capture card or a DVD recorder will solve it. The latter is a lot better. Ask if you need more info.

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:09 pm

Let's say I have no idea what a video capture card is. Also, how would i use a DVD recorder.
My Dragon Ball AMV's:
The Dragon Ball Life - Original DB only AMV - Coordinators Choice at Anime Conji

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:28 pm

Drabaz wrote:Let's say I have no idea what a video capture card is. Also, how would i use a DVD recorder.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_capture_card
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Shenron
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shenron » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:44 am

You could play on an emulator, I'm pretty sure you could record a video.

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:10 pm

Shenron wrote:You could play on an emulator, I'm pretty sure you could record a video.
I've thought of that but that would be my last resort. Me and my friends are great on the NG4 but when one of them brought the emulated version on the computer it was like a whole new game for us. I could use the emulated version if I just simply intended to make a video but the thing is that me and my friends also want to have fun playing the actual game. Also so that when we watch the video we can be like "Oh I remember that move! I kicked ur ass!" :D

So where woul I get a video card and how much are they?
My Dragon Ball AMV's: