GT Attacks

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The S
I Live Here

GT Attacks

Post by The S » Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:00 am

Just out of curiousity, does anyone have a complete list (or near complete list) of new attacks shown in GT (descriptions and images would help), and new characters who use pre-existing attacks?
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

SpaceKappa
Regular

Post by SpaceKappa » Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:05 am

I don't have a complete list, but I know one of Vegeta's new moves was the Final Shine Attack. It was really little more than a one-handed Final Flash, but the explosion was pretty huge. He hand his hand cocked back with his fingers bent, yelled "Final Shine Attack!" and ki formed in his hand, and then he thrust his arm forward and fired the blast.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:10 am

Is that "shine" as in the English word, or "shi-ne" as in the Japanese word for "DIE!"?
Last edited by The S on Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

SpaceKappa
Regular

Post by SpaceKappa » Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:11 am

Shine like the English word.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:22 am

In addition to Vegeta's "Final Shine Attack," the only other two that I can think of probably don't even count much.

There's Goku's 10x ("juubai") Kamehameha, and his Dragon Fist (which was ripped from DBZ movie 13).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:41 am

Baby had his "Revenge Death Ball" (The move that he formed sorta like a Genki-Dama using the ki of people he had taken over) that he used against Goku in the first combat between them after his takeover of Vegeta, he also used it later against Oob.

snen
Beyond Newbie

Post by snen » Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:22 pm

Mizugi wrote:I don't have a complete list, but I know one of Vegeta's new moves was the Final Shine Attack. It was really little more than a one-handed Final Flash, but the explosion was pretty huge. He hand his hand cocked back with his fingers bent, yelled "Final Shine Attack!" and ki formed in his hand, and then he thrust his arm forward and fired the blast.
Would anyone be able to find me a picture/animation of him doing the final shine please?

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:07 pm

The 10x Kamehameha makes absolutly no sense to me. The Kamehameha obviously gets more powerful the stronger the person using it. It's not a set level of power. So 10x what? 10x the strength a normal Kamehameha would be for someone with that power level? Why not just do a 15x Kamehameha then? Or 50x?
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

snen
Beyond Newbie

Post by snen » Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:11 am

Also, is it just me, or does it look stronger when it's blue? When it's red I always think it looks rather weak ^^;

Izlude
Regular

Post by Izlude » Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:30 pm

PsyLiam wrote:The 10x Kamehameha makes absolutly no sense to me. The Kamehameha obviously gets more powerful the stronger the person using it. It's not a set level of power. So 10x what? 10x the strength a normal Kamehameha would be for someone with that power level? Why not just do a 15x Kamehameha then? Or 50x?
Maybe its called x10 cuz it shoots out 10 Kamehameha's :shock:

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:36 pm

PsyLiam wrote:Why not just do a 15x Kamehameha then? Or 50x?
Not enough energy?

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:44 pm

In addition to the already mentioned 10x Kamehameha, and Vegeta's Final Shine, the Baby possesed Vegeta uses a "Super Galik-Ho" (Of course, it's utter uselessness makes my head hurt)

I have a theory on Goku's 10x Kamehameha. Technically such an attack should be impossible, since the Kamehameha is supposed to be directly linked to how much Ki the user has, therefore it should be impossible to exceed your own Ki. However, when Goku uses it the aura is red instead of blue, this could suggest Goku has developed a combination of the Kamehameha and the Kaio-ken attack.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:20 am

That makes sense... I mean, he's known the Kamehameha and the Kaio Ken for how long now? He probably just linked the two together somehow, maybe through a varriant of the original Kaio Ken or something.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:12 am

a quick answer red looks less powerful than blue because a blue flame is the hottest flame in exhistence so of course subconciously blue looks stronger. Just adding my two cents to that.
-Laserkid

TGDweezl
Beyond Newbie

Post by TGDweezl » Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:24 pm

Remember also that the longer he attacks to annouce the attack (Ka......me.....etc.) the more power he puts into it. So, yeah, a 10x Kamehameha is kinda impossible.

Other than the above listing of GT attacks I can't think of any. I mean Pan doesn't have her own attack. The Kamehameha is just by just about everyone. Sheesh.
"It's all fun and games til someone spills the mayonnaise." -Edd from Ed, Edd, and Eddy

SpaceKappa
Regular

Post by SpaceKappa » Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:51 pm

She has that one move she used on M2 against that one robot who moved through the walls and stuff. She charged a ball of ki in each hand, then put her hands together over her head and fired it as one huge blast. In "Final Bout" it was called the Twin Energy Ball, but it came out as a ball rather than a blast.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:29 pm

Maybe it's a modified version of her 'ol pop's Masenko?

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon Jul 05, 2004 7:10 pm

The S wrote:Maybe it's a modified version of her 'ol pop's Masenko?
Or maybe she charged two ki balls in each hand and launched them like any other generic kikoha blasts? I'm strongly surprised that Pan doesn't know the Kamehameha. You'd think with Goku as her sensei and the fact that EVERYBODY can emulate it, that she'd know it by now.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

SpaceKappa
Regular

Post by SpaceKappa » Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:45 pm

It wasn't the Masenko. Her hands were down at her sides while she charged the ki.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:22 pm

Dayspring wrote:I'm strongly surprised that Pan doesn't know the Kamehameha. You'd think with Goku as her sensei and the fact that EVERYBODY can emulate it, that she'd know it by now.
Well, that's kinda a gray area. Pan does know the Kamehameha, but she's never actually used it before. She was going to use it on planet M2 against a robot army, but the first and only time she uses the attack is against the water dragon.