A game I'm making

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.
User avatar
Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:25 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

A game I'm making

Post by Leotaku » Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:55 pm

I hope this goes here, sorry. :roll:
I started this Game Maker project at the end of Last January, but it's been on hold for some time, and will continue to be (too busy). Hopefully I'll finish it sometime, but you can check it out here. There's also a playable demo. Please press F1 for the controls, there's lots, and you won't be able to figure them all out on your own, so...just read it. :shock:
Hope you like it. By the way, I've been told that this kinda looks like SuperSonic Warriors. Well for the record, I started this game before I knew about it. I don't even have a GBA, so I wouldn't have been reading up on its new games. :P
http://avalanchestudios.net/leotaku/dbzsp.html
:)

User avatar
Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7753
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Quebec, Canada

Post by Dayspring » Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:07 pm

Not interested since I actually have SSW. Looks good though.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

User avatar
Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:25 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Post by Leotaku » Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:14 pm

I said LOOKS like...never played the GBA game to know if it PLAYS like it.

But sure, suit yourself, that's fine. :)
Last edited by Leotaku on Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
Posts: 1917
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:47 am

Post by Deus ex Machina » Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:26 pm

Hey, that's pretty damn good considering you made it yourself. It does sort-of play like SSW, but it's got it's unique points too. My only major beef was that my character seemed to fly too slowly (and using Zanzoken made him fly too fast). And the hit areas felt a little off, I had to get in really close, and it didn't always seem to work.

But I love the exploding backgrounds, mountains, and craters on the floor. The sky moving during the Kamehameha was a nice touch too.
Last edited by Deus ex Machina on Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
The S
I Live Here
Posts: 2414
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:54 am
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Contact:

Post by The S » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:55 am

I played this demo several months ago (followed a link on the Gamemaker Messageboards), and I must say it kicks major ass! I'm totally impressed by the way this game works. I just hope you work on it some more!
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

User avatar
Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:25 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Post by Leotaku » Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:28 am

Deus ex Machina wrote:...My only major beef was that my character seemed to fly too slowly (and using Zanzoken made him fly too fast).
Maybe you were moving slow cause you were low on Ki. See the (maximum of) 4 yellow circles? The fewer you have, the less damage you do, and the slower you get. You can refill them by powering up the green bar.
The S: Oh, you're on GameMaker's forums? You use GameMaker too?

Thanks for the comments. :)

User avatar
The S
I Live Here
Posts: 2414
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:54 am
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Contact:

Post by The S » Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:24 am

Indeed I am. I believe the link provided was by you in my topic on that board about a Dragonball (as in pre-Z fighting game)
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

User avatar
Mugenmidget
Regular
Posts: 575
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:43 pm

Post by Mugenmidget » Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:59 am

Hmmm...

were you ever on Atari forums? I know I've seen this before.

User avatar
Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:25 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Post by Leotaku » Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:00 pm

The S: I remember that game. I thought your name was familiar, did you use it on Gamemaker too?
Mugenmidget: Yeah, I posted it there. You're name's familiar too, same one on Atari?

User avatar
Mugenmidget
Regular
Posts: 575
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:43 pm

Post by Mugenmidget » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:50 am

Leotaku wrote:The S: I remember that game. I thought your name was familiar, did you use it on Gamemaker too?
Mugenmidget: Yeah, I posted it there. You're name's familiar too, same one on Atari?
Yes, thank you.

That was a good game you made too.

User avatar
The S
I Live Here
Posts: 2414
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:54 am
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Contact:

Post by The S » Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:00 am

The S: I remember that game. I thought your name was familiar, did you use it on Gamemaker too?
Indeed.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Post Reply