Vote for Freeza and Cell in ANNs Most Evil Character Contest

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jermyn

Vote for Freeza and Cell in ANNs Most Evil Character Contest

Post by Jermyn » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:47 am

Anime News Network is holding a tournament http://www.animenewsnetwork. ... hp?t=43158on its forums on who is the most evil villian in all anime by voting. Among the many choices are DBZ's very own Freeza and Cell. So far both of them have made it to the second round with Cell beating out Folken from Escaflowne (11 to 4) and Freeza beating out Gendo Ikari from Evangelion (9 to 5) in the first round.
Currantly, Cell is been pitted against Mayuri Kurotsuchi from Bleach and is loseing due to anti-DBZ bias while Freeza's turn is next week in which it looks like he may lose too. And so I would like to ask my fellow Dragonball fans here to help me achive victory for them, if any of your are intersted.

Bomber Greek
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bomber Greek » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:06 pm

No thanks, but I can't believe Mayuri from Bleach is on there. He's not evil at all, he's just a douche bag.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:40 pm

Bomber Greek wrote:No thanks, but I can't believe Mayuri from Bleach is on there. He's not evil at all, he's just a douche bag.
Most of the Bleach Captains are douche bags. Hitsugaya, Kenpachi, Ukitake, and Shunsui are like the only ones who aren't.

Bomber Greek
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bomber Greek » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:10 pm

Super Sonic wrote:
Bomber Greek wrote:No thanks, but I can't believe Mayuri from Bleach is on there. He's not evil at all, he's just a douche bag.
Most of the Bleach Captains are douche bags. Hitsugaya, Kenpachi, Ukitake, and Shunsui are like the only ones who aren't.
Unohana and Soifon aren't douche bags either.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:41 pm

Bomber Greek wrote:
Super Sonic wrote:
Unohana and Soifon aren't douche bags either.
Unohana is fine, but in my opinion Soifon is a bitch.>>
Super Sonic loves me though!(is cosplaying Hitsugaya next year XD)

Anyway, on topic here......while I agree that Cell and Frieza are two legendary villains in the history of anime, I think polls like this one are pointless. They're all based on fan subjectivity and bias and usually there really isn't much proper thought put into them. From scanning that one, I can tell it's no different. I fail to see how someone like Zagato(Magic Knights Rayearth) could be getting so many votes when he wasn't really evil. If you have followed that series, his motives were actually very shocking and sad when it's revealed in the end and part of what makes MKR a great story is that the girls were faced with a very tough choice when confronting him. It wasn't black and white, like it seemed at first. Folken is another villain who wasn't truly evil, but quite sympathetic. And yet other villains, who I would definitely consider truly evil such as Legato Bluesummers from Trigun, aren't even on there.

So really I wouldn't even pay attention to the thread. I tend to stay away from ANN's anime forums simply because it's filled with ignorant and biased nonsense such as this most of the time. I don't think any of us should rush over to bother with a thread being run by "whatever-anime-is-the-newest-is-the-pwnage, ignorant fans" that that one is clearly designed for. It's really just a variation on the Character Battles on GameFAQS, the most popular always wins regardless of true skill or strength.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:44 pm

I didn't vote because I didn't feel like joining the forum to do so.

But I agree with Jers.
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.