Your Own Dragon Ball Show

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Your Own Dragon Ball Show

Post by TheGreatness25 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:31 pm

Hey. If there's already a Thread like this, I apologize. When I was younger, I was rigorously writing my own fan series for Dragon Ball, which continued on from GT. I was just curious what some of your ideas be if you would create your own series to follow GT. New characters? New villains? New plots? I know in mine I tried to add a lot of new characters and make a lot of the old characters more involved than they were in GT. Plus I was original with villains and disliked recycling Frieza or Buu or Broly (those are the popular ones). What would your ideas be?

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:08 pm

I'd like to see some sort of gag manga series starring Mr. Satan and Mr. Buu that takes place after Buu's defeat and kind of ignores GT.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:48 pm

I always loved to do these! However, some of mine did have characters coming back from hell. It wasn't random, it was some guy coming from a distant planet wishing them back or something, I dunno.

I do have one that I have just thought up on the spot.

5 years have past since Goku left with Uub and he has finally returned. Everyone is excited and they throw a big party. Goku asks Vegeta to spar him to compare how strong the two have gotten. Well, it turns out that in the 5 years. Goku's training has been much more successful than Vegeta's, and Vegeta is beaten..badly. Vegeta, in his anger, flies off to be alone, and he begins to think. He thinks of how Goku has gotten incredibly stronger over the years, while his growth has not been near as great. So, Vegeta decides to leave earth in and train in the distant space. He remembers a legend that his father told him where there was a planet on the edge of the Universe where a very strong hermit lived. Anyone who trained with the Hermit could become the strongest being in the universe, but everyone who ever tried to reach the planet died along the way. The planet is separated from the rest of the universe by many dangers. (Astroied belts, black holes, solar storms, powerful races of evil beings, etc.) Vegeta decides that the only way he can become as strong/stronger than Goku is if he travels to the planet and trains with this powerful hermit. He heads back to Capsule Corp to get a ship, where Bulma confronts him, he tells Bulma of his trip, but Bulma refuses to let him go. They both know very well that Vegeta will probably die, but Vegeta is willing to take the risk. Trunks hears their arguing and runs down to see what is happening. Trunks and Bulma try to talk Vegeta out of it, but Vegeta won't listen. Trunks then steps in front of the door to the ship and tells Vegeta that he'll stop his father by force if he has too. Vegeta scowls, then punches Trunks in the stomach, knocking him down to the floor in pain. Vegeta tells Bulma and Trunks that they don't understand how he is feeling about this, and to stay out of it. He then proceeds to destroy all the ships so no one can follow him, and takes the dragonballs(Bulma had them collected a few years back just in case they were needed in an emergency) so no one can make any wishes to interfere, and with this he takes off on his journey. The next morning, Goku gets the news, and decides to go after Vegeta and stop him before he gets himself killed. He rallies up some of the Z Senshi(Haven't decided which ones) and takes off after Vegeta.

Whew, that was a lot. :shock:

So, what do you guys think? :)
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:55 pm

I have to say, it's intrigued me. Lemme know if you ever do a fic or comic with it Big Momma. :D

I have some ideas for mine that I've thrown around in the past, but the only one that was good enough that I still have info on my comp for is a GT rewrite to make it better. I'll re-read it and post what I had here later.

The first one I tried to do though was a continuation off of GT, where Garlic (not Jr., Garlic Sr.) broke out of a Dead Zone (yeah, I know, he just happens to have been sealed in one too) and proceeded to beat the crap out of Super Saiyan 4 Vegeta. Then, out of nowheer, a Saiyan flies out of the Dead Zone as well (again, it just happens to have stayed open and there just happens to be a Saiyan inside), and goes Super Saiyan 4 to assist in the fight.

Did I mention this was back when I first got into the franchise and was reading random crap off of the internet? :oops:
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:01 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:I have to say, it's intrigued me. Lemme know if you ever do a fic or comic with it Big Momma. :D

I have some ideas for mine that I've thrown around in the past, but the only one that was good enough that I still have info on my comp for is a GT rewrite to make it better. I'll re-read it and post what I had here later.

The first one I tried to do though was a continuation off of GT, where Garlic (not Jr., Garlic Sr.) broke out of a Dead Zone (yeah, I know, he just happens to have been sealed in one too) and proceeded to beat the crap out of Super Saiyan 4 Vegeta. Then, out of nowheer, a Saiyan flies out of the Dead Zone as well (again, it just happens to have stayed open and there just happens to be a Saiyan inside), and goes Super Saiyan 4 to assist in the fight.

Did I mention this was back when I first got into the franchise and was reading random crap off of the internet? :oops:
Thanks, I'll be sure to let you know! :wink:

And on your idea, its looks good, if you could give that saiyan a good backstory, and a reason why the dead zone opened, it could be really awesome. :D
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.

balrog
Not-So-Newbie

Post by balrog » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:07 pm

I've always liked making things like this. But I usually continue from DBZ. I don't like GT, and I would rather continue from DBZ because even if I did like GT, the ending of DBZ has more places to go with.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:41 pm

Big Momma wrote:*A story*
So Goku knew about the legend?, surely he could just use his Shunkan Idou and screw Vegeta over completely.

Vegeta:"I finally made it to the planet!, I came back from the brink of death many times, defeated countless powerful warriors, now I, Vegeta-sama will now become the strongest in the-"

Goku:"Hi Vegeta!"

Vegeta:"..Fuck"

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:43 pm

Nice ideas. Remind me of how though I never thought of what I'd do for a new DB, I had ideas of what I'd do for a new Kenshin series.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:55 pm

Captain Awesome wrote:
So Goku knew about the legend?, surely he could just use his Shunkan Idou and screw Vegeta over completely.

Vegeta:"I finally made it to the planet!, I came back from the brink of death many times, defeated countless powerful warriors, now I, Vegeta-sama will now become the strongest in the-"

Captain Awesome, with your permission that sucker is going in my sig. XD
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

baragon_kun
Beyond Newbie

Well............................

Post by baragon_kun » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:44 am

i actually won the idea from Rocketman but..........

A DB series, based on Chichi, but only the life in shes child, when shes waiting for the day that goku will promise his promise, after all, we know that she has an little trainning before the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:05 am

If I were to make my own DragonBall series, I would remake GT. Make a version of it with less plotholes, less focus on Goku, more original or at least better planned stories, and just overall less sucky.

Oh, wait... :wink:
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:08 am

My fan series...okay first of all, let me tell you why I call it a fan series. It's because I have like 5+ Sagas of it in continuation lol I'm sorry for not providing names, but I've had an instance where my stuff was stollen, and it feels horrible when that happens. Anyway:

Prologue

In my fan series, it starts off 20 years after Goku left with Shenron. Trunks and Pan have gotten married and have a 5 year old son now. Trunks wants to bring Goku back. So he asks for Dende to make new Dragon Balls.

- This series is supposed to tie in with the 100 years later. Basically, at the very very end, I will make it so that Goku Jr. is Trunks and Pan's son's...um son. This would also explain the Dragon Balls mysteriously returning in the GT special.

So Trunks enlists the help of a slightly reluctant Vegeta to search for the Dragon Balls. They gather them up and before they can make their wish, King Kai telepathically tells them not to waste their time, that Goku went to Other World and is training there. So they go to Other World and meet Goku, who tells them that Shenron brought him there to destroy Shenron and Goku just never left. Trunks convinces Goku to come back to Earth. They visit Piccolo in Hell, but Piccolo decides to stay behind.

So Goku returns to Earth, visits everyone, they all freak out, and have a get-together at Capsule Corp. Tien has a wife and son, Yamcha has a wife, Goten married Velese and has a daughter, Maron married and has a daughter of her own. I don't know why, but I decided to kill of Chiaotzu. Sorry.

Saga 1

During dinner, they feel an incredible energy and the Z Fighters go to check it out. As it turns out, they run into a Saiyan, of whom Vegeta seems particularly afraid of. Vegeta is trembling and scared out of his wits, while the Saiyan also recognizes Vegeta. It is revealed that this Saiyan took care of Vegeta when he was an infant and was like a father to him. However, he was enlisted by King Vegeta to fight a new war, in which he was slain.

The battle begins and the Saiyan proves to be much more powerful than they could have ever dreamed. Vegeta is very reluctant, not participating in the fight. He seems too scared to fight. In the meantime, Trunks' son uses the Flying Nimbus to travel to the battlefield.

After the Saiyan ruthlessly essentially destroys all of the Z Fighters, Vegeta decides to step into battle. The Saiyan beats Vegeta rather horribly and begins to tell Vegeta what truly happened. At one time, he was the greatest Saiyan warrior, leader of the Saiyan army. He was half Saiyan, so he did not possess the thrill of fighting. He wanted to essentially retire. King Vegeta wasn't pleased, but did offer his baby son (Vegeta) to him since he was finished with war. The Saiyan accepted and raised Vegeta. Then, King Vegeta wanted to place the Saiyan in another war and threatened to kill him if he did not do so. This Saiyan went to war and fought for two years, finally conquering the planet. However, the Saiyans were ordered to kill him as well, throwing him from the big Saiyan ship, throwing down some kind of radical bomb, destroying the planet. The chemicals of the bomb absorbed into the Saiyan's body and caused it to mutate into a much more powerful force than imaginable.

The Saiyan awoke after some time and traveled to Planet Vegeta, only to see Frieza ready to destroy it. In his rage against the Saiyans, he wanted to take his revenge. He knew Frieza's attack would only damage the planet, so he created a small energy ball, which he used to destroy the entire planet with.

The flashback ends and Piccolo returns to the scene after King Yemma granted him a return. The Saiyan beats all of them up, until Goku reveals that he actually absorbed Shenron's powers and showcased a radical new powerup. However, it does not last long and severely drains the body, so this did not work. Goku tries the Spirit Bomb, but that does not work either. The Saiyan beats up all of the Z Fighters badly and sees Trunks' son flying to the battlefield. He explains to him that he will destroy everything he knows and kill him in the end. The Saiyan then changes his mind and threatens to kill Trunks' son right then and there. He tells him that there was one friend that he had, a Saiyan that protested what happened to him. They were partners. Together they traveled the universe, conquering every planet in every galaxy, even those that were once owned by Frieza. The bad news is, this friend would be on Earth sooner or later. Trunks' son gets mad, and taking after his grandfather (Gohan), uses locked power to kill the Saiyan.

Goku witnessed the entire thing and day breaks. Goku tells the Z Fighters what happened, flying off to get Senzu beans. He meets up with King Kai, who tells him the story of the Saiyan friend. He protested what happened and was found guilty of treason by King Vegeta and Frieza. He was of royal blood as well, but King Vegeta sliced a crescent moon-shaped scar over his eye, which was a Saiyan symbol of weakness (since the full moon was their strength). In an attempt of suicide, he swallowed many viles of the very same chemical that mutated his friend. When Frieza "destroyed" Planet Vegeta, he was found by his friend, recuperated, and the two began their reign on the universe. He would come to Earth in 8 years.

Goku relays the message to the Z Fighters and they are uncertain of the future. They use the Dragon Balls to wish for them all to be at their physical peaks, returning essentially all of them back into their younger selves (necessary for the series to continue, they were all really old). Now training for 8 years, which included Vegeta, Trunks, and Trunks' son traveling to a distant frozen planet to try to unlock Trunks' son's hidden powers.

Okay that was the end of the first Saga. Sorry for the super long post, but at least it wasn't an argument :) What do you guys think? Potential? I know it could be confusing without the names... Hope you like it.

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:06 am

I wrote a story called "Dragonbal Neo" a while back. This is before i knew anything about AF. I should go and dig it up.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:06 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Captain Awesome, with your permission that sucker is going in my sig. XD
I would be honored, permission granted.

..Now I feel all warm inside :P

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:13 am

LOL, your welcome. XD

And, as you can see, it is so. Back on topic, I'm searching my comp for the old ficlets I did, so I can post info on them here.
Twitter

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:35 am

I've told this story too many times... and I probably won't stop. :(
So back somewhere between 1999 and 2000 (I'm not certain of the dates, but know for sure it was before April 2000), I had my first DB-related dream. Which... happened to be loaded with OCs and be rather inMediusRais and end with a very obvious irection for the plot. So I started writing it down and making up crap to fill in the gaps, and occasionally drew upon what other dreams showed up. But it was mostly a bunch of crappy ... umm... crap.
But yeah, I made physical copies of the various stories, and attempted to make stuff with powerpoint (and didn't get very far...), made Spider-man Cartoons of the first two "sagas" (which were promptly destroyed), then made movies using Action Figures and such. Now, my figure supply is a lot more limited than what I can write, so the story was warped quite a lot.

And then I found fanfiction on the internet and put up the series in fanfic form based on the movies. Essentially, though, when it wasn't an OC fest, it was a string of bad underdog plottwists an Toei-esque movies that didn't mean much. (Meh, maybe some day I'll figure out how to put the movies online. I mean, for a visually impaired kid using action figures, construction paper and "KNOCKOUT!" blocks, it wasn't... umm... that bad?).

And then in fall 2006, I had another dream in the same continuity--not the continuity of made-up-crap, mind you, but the original storyline without my random additions. So I set out to make sense of the storyline using only the actual source material (being dreams involving DB/Z/GT characters and the OCs and whatever else could be bent into fitting). And... I sorta got something... Though I keep coming upwith things that will make it better as a story and such. (and the version linked there wasn't written very seriously; I just kinda wanted to get it done and cleaned up a few things after the fact).

The primice?(SP?) Well, it's so far divided into two major story arks: the first involves a couple random surviving Freeza Henchmen who come across what is essentially the DBZ version of a horcrux... of Freeza, of course. And try to do... stuff. We open with Yamcha, who has opened a dojo since his super-human talnts can at least get some... umm... money? Anyway:random giant monster attack on the city. I haven't decided if this creature is related to the main masterminds of the saga or not, but it does some importan things, since its key power is a Ki Smoke of sorts that makes it nearly impossible for victims to use ki when hit... this also makes it dangerous to focus on its ki, which enables it to incapacitate Piccolo and Vegeta.
So, our villains for this first ark are Saiyan-saga levels of weak, and don't plan on fighting the Z-senshi directly. One of them attempts to gather the dragon balls, but doesn't go unnoticed (Notice that I'm leaving out some [possibly fun] details... ^^). The other kidnaps Vegeta while he's unconscious and replaces him with a doll that he can control from a distance. So essentially the Z-senshi must split up to find Vegeta, control the doll(s), find and stop the guy searching for the DBs, and... umm... generally save the day.
And just so future stuff makes sense, we have the background story of the OCs (and I have a vague idea of how to make them less disconnected from the main story... I'm thinking of remaking the movies, but my vision has gotten much worse since the first batch and I don't know that I can), who get to steal DB-hunter's scouter. Unfortunately they're all twelve or younger, and when the scouter shows them a planet under seige they run off to try and play the hero... and several get killed.
And then frogs start mutating (random enough yet?), including our old friend Ginyu. Unfortunately for Ginyu, the mutation doesn't give him his body change power back... but it does enable him to organize a frog army. Which... could actually be quite hilarius if I had the patience to write it correctly. XD
So while everyone's trying to go on a demutating-the-frogs quest and trying to find Ginyu, HollowFreeza winds up getting enough influence to use the dolls that his "faithful servants" provide. And... possesses a boat. (Well... I kinda like the Tien+Chaozu+noobs Vs Boat Freeza fight. XD). And eventually Freeza gets a doll of himself so he can just annoy us by fighting Goku some more without being killable. And for the sake of spoilers, I won't say exactly how that plot is resolved. But it is. :P.

*whew*. The second story ark was a lot harder to piece together, but now that I've made sense of it, I think it works a lot better than I expected. Since it's all based on dreams, though, it winds up having cameos from other people's OCs and such. And I should probaly work on the next part... *still needs enough material for that*. (Hmm, what's anyone think about the rimnent of the RedRibbon army being reorganized into a Dragonball guardian force?)

So I take the liberty of having Ninja Murasaki survive filler and seek Goku's help for a ninja tournament. Goku decides it would be unfair for him to beat up Murasaki's rivals, so the OCs go instead. It just so happens that one of the students of Murasaki's Ninja rival has other business--he's also working for a sorceror in a pocket dimention, who has discovered the location of the potara that Bibidi retrieved from Buu's battle with the Kaioshin. And if we didn't have enough OCs already, this pocket dimention happens to be one of the few surviving refugee places for the Saiyans, who made an agreement with the sorceror when running from Freeza.
Add in a filler ark where Bibidi is temporarily revived because of people messing with the potara, only to get vaporized by Vegeta with little effort.

And now that more potara have been recovered, Kaioshin has plans for Goten and Trunks which haven't yet been revealed. Though Trunks does get special training, and then the boys have to spend quite along time in a special facility under the Earth's crust without any outside contact... (And no, I haven't figured out just what happens there yet. :P )

Meanwhile, two random criminals come across a mysterious book of mystery, and try to get one of the OCs to use its powers. That doesn't go so well, but our Ninja/Sorceror student dude winds up helping them against the wishes of his master(s?). Lots of plottwists later, Ninjawizar receives a special type of power and he and the criminals use that to unleash a bunch of dead villains... again.

The nature of the undead here, though, is such that they only have a spirit body--they can interact with the physical in terms of ki and illusion, but can't be truly destroyed (well, they could if this was a bleach crossover, but it isn't...). Oh, and they know full well that the Z-senshi are capable of kicking their faces (well, most of them...), so instead of a GT/Movie12 remake, we have ourselves a global war of strategy and trickery with lots of nice character arks and violence and confusing plot twists I only vaguely understand. And ... that's about where we are now, though a couple events have happened since the last part that I wrote.

It's spread out in the latter ark to cover several years, and since I've used the OCs in RPGs with other people's fics, I've tried to get it to fit so that all of those fics can exist in continuity with each other... except none of them are finished, so that's quite challenging...

*dies*. You watch, still no one will care. XD. *still wants to remake the movies to fit the canon version*
(Is it just my typing, or are the letters that consistently disappear from my text due to the "upgrades" on my computer? -.-)
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:27 am

Attempting to write a GT-sequel is much too big of a headache, so I'd settle on redoing GT, which I plan to on Fanfiction.net. I'm planning on doing a few things different, like having Gotenks show up, Goten and Trunks reaching SSJ2, Pan going SSJ, little things like that, plus some major storyline overhaul as well.
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:56 am

Captain Awesome wrote:

Hmm...that there is a rather good plot hole...I should try to edit that a bit. :wink:
That little scenario there reminds me of "Awesome the Hedgehog". Its a funny video, only 40 seconds. Look it up sometime!

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:57 pm

Vegeta uses the Namek Dragonballs to become immortal, thinking eternal guardianship of Earth preferable to returning to Hell upon his death and leaving the planet in the hands of his and Goku's inept sons.

Seventy thousand years later, Vegeta, now residing at the Lookout and worshiped as a god, must confront the vanguards of the next age of power that threaten to destroy the Empire of Man. Unfortunately, it seems "immortal" doesn't mean immortal...

That's all I got so far.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:05 pm

Vegeta ruling over earth that way gives me so many amusing mental images; like statues built in his likeness, shrines, etc. :lol:

I'd love to watch Goku come back one day after all that time with Shenlong and discover Vegeta's become a god. XD
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!