Movie Character Transformations

Help the Kanzenshuu staff beta-test new sections, new website initiatives, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Movie Character Transformations

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:56 pm

I've decided to start plugging away at movie characters and their transformations. Help me out, ne? :D

DBZ MOVIE #1:
Seems to just be Garlic Jr. His henchmen pull weapons out of their skin/body, but they don't "transform," really.

DBZ MOVIE #2:
Does Dr. Wheelo (or however the fuck Julian wants me to spell it... "Uiroo") even transform? He's sealed away behind that wall, but when he breaks free, he's already in that giant mecha-body...

DBZ MOVIE #3:
Tullece eats the sacred fruit and slightly transforms/buffs-up.

DBZ MOVIE #4:
Slug gets his wish for youth.

DBZ MOVIE #5 & 6:
Coola can go one transformation further than Freeza (fifth form), and also ends up as Metal Coola.

DBZ MOVIE #7:
Just #13's "Integrated" form.

DBZ MOVIE #8, 10, 11:
I've already addressed Broli (slightly) in the regular SSJ section, but I'll probably flesh it out some. Also should note his bio-sludge form.

DBZ MOVIE #9:
Gokua transforms, as does Bojack.

DBZ MOVIE #12:
Just Janemba?

DBZ MOVIE #13:
Hildegarn's got that one transformation where he breaks out of his skin like a butterfly...

If I'm missing any little henchmen (which I'm sure I am), let me know, and feel free to add some comments / suggestions for what to note about each character.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:15 pm

I might be able to add something...

Garlic Jr
He goes from being extremly small to uber buff in an instant, a pretty standard type of transformation. None of his henchmen can transform (like they did in the actual TV series)

Dr. Wheelo
Doesn't transform as I remember; he's inside a robot body and all that. His assistant had the ability to change his arm into a gatling gun since he was an android.

Tullece
Hm...powers up by eating magic fruit, not much else to add. is muscles seem to "pump up" at first, but don't look any bigger afterwards.

Lord Slug
Transforms himself into a giant, like Piccolo did in his match against Goku.

Coola
One more form than Freeza, blah blah. In his mechanical form he was actually just a head suspended by wires (which he could then form a body with), the Metal Coola's were all remotely controlled.

Android 13
Fusion? Merging? Integration? I'm not sure which term applies...he gets uber strong.

Broli
The legendary Super Saiyan...I pity you, having to write a explination for his transformation which defies SSJ logic. Although I don't know if being melted and disfigured (in the case of the Broli clone) counts as a transformation, but you could mention how he somehow transforms to the size of a sky scraper.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:19 pm

I forget exactly where he got the term, but "Integrated" is a term used in one of the Japanese books Julian has.

Thanks for the help, though! I forgot about a few of those things (IE - sludge Broli growing massively big for no reason :P).
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:30 pm

Ugh, Broli time...

First there'll be something of him as a regular, black-haired baby. Preferably something without a penis in the viewer's face. Next will be this:

Next up, we've got regular, calm adult Broli (or as I like to call him, "Drugged Broli"):

Then we've got Broli in his weird "in-between" stage where he loses his pupils, but his hair doesn't quite go gold.

Then we've got full-on "USSJ" Broli (so to speak):

I could have sworn he went through one more weird power-up, or something. I just did a REALLY quick scan-through of the footage, so I'm sure I'm missing something. BTW, this is only for movie 8, obviously ^^.

Suggestions and comments welcome!

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:48 pm

VegettoEX wrote:First there'll be something of him as a regular, black-haired baby. Preferably something without a penis in the viewer's face. Next will be this:
Thank you. God, why is it whenever there's a baby on DBZ they HAVE to shove his friggin' crotch in your face? It's not cute, it's disgusting. :x

As for the picture you showed, I'm not certain whether you can use that particular scene. Because it's a flash back the colors are all distorted, and since his hair is brightened by his Ki, it's impossible to tell what color it's supposed to be. (Infact it may even be just black, if you compare it to Paragus' hair in the next scene)
Then we've got Broli in his weird "in-between" stage where he loses his pupils, but his hair doesn't quite go gold.
I forgot to say it earlier; but this is once again evidence of the "false" Super Saiyan, the stage between normal and Super that Goku goes through in movie 4. I think it's worth mentioning that Broli's true hair color in this form is actually light blue, and not purple (as shown at the fight during the night). You can see it right after Vegeta hits Broli with the Big Bang attack, just before the smoke covers him.

And why the heck is Broli's hair in USSJ green? @_@

And what about Broli's regular SSJ form from movie 10?

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:39 am

Brolli has multiple in-between colours, which is why you think it's purple. In the flashback it is, but in the "USSJ" pic it's green from before he goes "LSSJ". False SSJ is orange/black, which is something EX needs to add to movie 4's transformation list.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:43 am

Dayspring wrote:Brolli has multiple in-between colours, which is why you think it's purple. In the flashback it is, but in the "USSJ" pic it's green from before he goes "LSSJ". False SSJ is orange/black, which is something EX needs to add to movie 4's transformation list.
I'm probably gonna cross-reference this "Giji" stage between both the regular Saiya-jin and Movies pages...

I think I'll just need to more carefully take multiple pics from movie eight. There's just too much weird shit Broli does.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:44 am

Deus ex Machina wrote:I forgot to say it earlier; but this is once again evidence of the "false" Super Saiyan, the stage between normal and Super that Goku goes through in movie 4. I think it's worth mentioning that Broli's true hair color in this form is actually light blue, and not purple (as shown at the fight during the night). You can see it right after Vegeta hits Broli with the Big Bang attack, just before the smoke covers him.

And why the heck is Broli's hair in USSJ green? @_@
It's not, it's only green/gold when in his LSSJ form. As for all the different colors, it's just lower stages of LSSJ of sorts. Or maybe... I don't know... I haven't got a clue yet... Good thing he wont be in any of my Fanfics for a while.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:45 am

Watch it all be a result of TOEI forgetting to buy more blond ink. :lol:
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

SpaceKappa
Regular

Post by SpaceKappa » Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:35 am

I don't know if it counts as a transformation, but Dr. Wheelo's sidekick (Raichi, or something like that, it's been a while and I don't own the DVD) did turn his arm into a machine gun. He did turn out to be a robot, so I don't know if it should be included or not.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:40 pm

Dr. Wheelo's assistant's name was Dr. Kochin. I wouldn't really call that a transformation since his outer form was destroyed revealing he was a robot.

SDHero
Beyond Newbie

Post by SDHero » Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:37 am

"And why the heck is Broli's hair in USSJ green? @_@"

One assumes it's simply to differentiate Broli and his Ki aura from the rest of the SS's running around in Movie 8, much like Goku and Vegeta had different "colors" associated with them during their first fight. As the SS color had already been established as blond/gold/yellow, they couldn't deviate from that much, so they just tinted Broli towards the green.

Or maybe they just thought it would be funny, given how is name-pun is for Broccoli? Who knows, Toei without source material is able to manufacture their own, special brand of crazy, that's for sure.