Three Little Questions That Need Answering

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Trunks_Rage

Three Little Questions That Need Answering

Post by Trunks_Rage » Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:47 am

1. " Why Wait? "

I was just curious if you ever noticed how when Saiyans or anyone else fights, but mostly Saiyans, they never go like SSJ or SSJ2 or anything while they fight at first. They get the crap beat out of them for like 15 minutes and then all of a sudden they're like " I'm SSJ2 now! " Why don't they just reach their full strength and beat up the bad guy? I guess it could be to build suspense, but they just sit there and get beat-up and beat-up until they decide that they've had enough, but why do it? I wouldn't like getting smacked around while everyone else watched, I'd rather be on the giving rather than on the receiving side of things. And also, it seems that when they are in regular saiyan form they tend to be much stronger than they really are. Like in GT when Goku and Vegeta plan to do fusion Trunks tries to hold off Omega Shenron so they can perform the fusion. Trunks goes up to him in regular saiyan form and kicks him and knocks him like 30 feet back, but when Ubuu is trying to hold him off when Goku is receiving energy from the others he can't even moving him back an inch and Ubuu is supposed to be much much stronger than Trunks and any of the others. Kinda odd if you think about it?? Please give some insight on this, thanks!

2. " I Don't Underestimate, or Do I?"

OK.......You know in GT when Goku is fighting Omega Shenron, Omega Shenron says, " I guess you underestimated my power! " and Goku replies, " I never underestimate my opponent! " Ummmm.......somethings wrong here. Goku is always like " You're stronger than I thought." or " I never believed he would have this much power! " Sounds like underestimating to me. Why is that?

3. " Why didn't Future Trunks come back? "

In the last episode that Future Trunks is in he tells his mom (Bulma) that he is going to go back to the past or the other timeline and tell the others that he defeated Androids 17 and 18, but before he does Cell shows up and Trunks fights him and destroys him......and thats it! What happened. Trunks just said that he was going to go back and tell the others. Why didn't he? Did he forget so soon after his fight with cell or what? And on top of that it says 3 years had passed after Trunks defeated the Androids and the cities and stuff are being rebuilt. Why did he wait 3 years to decide to go back and tell everyone the good news and not do it anyways? This really bugs me, not just the fact that i guess he forgot to, but that they never brought Future Trunks back, when he is obviously much cooler than Chibi Trunks. HELP!!!!!!

Adamant
I Live Here

Re: Three Little Questions That Need Answering

Post by Adamant » Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:32 am

Trunks_Rage wrote:1. " Why Wait? "
Well, saiya-jin do enjoy fighting, and it's more fun if the opponent thinks he has a chanse to win before you transform and beat him into a pulp. I guess. It's not like they do it THAT often either.
Trunks_Rage wrote: 2. " I Don't Underestimate, or Do I?"

It's GT, and GT is weird like that. Just ignore.
Trunks_Rage wrote:3. " Why didn't Future Trunks come back? "
It takes time for the time machine to charge up enough to go that far back in time. Also, he did go back, we just didn't see it, since nothing interesting happened when he was there.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:17 am

If you're going to post these questions on the forum, why send them in as "Ask VegettoEX" entries also?

And dear god, please don't post such massively huge images in your posts unless it's actually warranted.... x_X;;
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SpaceKappa
Regular

Post by SpaceKappa » Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:44 am

Adamant wrote:Also, he did go back, we just didn't see it, since nothing interesting happened when he was there.
Except Movie 9. >_>

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:18 pm

Who says Movie 9 happened after Trunks came back? It could have happened before he left.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:27 pm

Well, Trunks knew when Cell was gonna awaken, and knew he would go after the Time Machine. In the original timeline, Trunks had probably just finished the androids, and was gonna go back to tell everybody. But since Cell had interfered with the whole timeline mess, Trunks knew about Cell. So he was probably just gonna use the time machine as bait to attract Cell. If he did go back in time, it would just create a whole new timeline, and add more messes. Remember, he already created two new ones, and Cell's intervention created another, and since Cell went back to a time before Trunks did originally, it screwed up everything and there's a bunch of different timelines. I don't think Trunks would want to make another one just to say "Hey guys, I beat the androids!"
Or maybe he would...
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

SpaceKappa
Regular

Post by SpaceKappa » Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:39 pm

Xyex wrote:Who says Movie 9 happened after Trunks came back? It could have happened before he left.
Didn't the narrative say he was visiting again?

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:49 pm

Bulma actually stated that Trunks just killed the Artificial Humans in his time.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:25 pm

Which proves movie 9 can't take place despite what any of you say! :P
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:59 pm

Trunks_Rage wrote:1. " Why Wait? "

I was just curious if you ever noticed how when Saiyans or anyone else fights, but mostly Saiyans, they never go like SSJ or SSJ2 or anything while they fight at first. They get the crap beat out of them for like 15 minutes and then all of a sudden they're like " I'm SSJ2 now! " Why don't they just reach their full strength and beat up the bad guy?
Yes; you're right that this is usually just a ploy to draw out the suspence, but it also serves another purpose in the story. Notice how during these first few minutes, both fighters will take plenty of hits, but never seem to suffer any damage. That's because they use this first fight as a "warm-up", both fighters try to determine how powerful the other is without revealing how powerful they themselves are. These early blows may look painful, but don't do any real damage.
2. " I Don't Underestimate, or Do I?"
I'm one of those rare breed of dragonball fans who actually likes GT, but I'll tell you right now that there's no point trying to use GT as any kind of story, plot, character referance at all. The story is just simply too full of plot holes.
3. " Why didn't Future Trunks come back? "

What makes you think he didn't go back? I'm not sure how much time transpires between him returning and the fight with Cell, but it doesn't really matter. It's very possible that Trunks did return to the past after killing Cell, but it just wasn't important enough to show.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:20 pm

Dayspring wrote:Which proves movie 9 can't take place despite what any of you say! :P
*blinks* I may just be drugged from yesterday, but huh?

Caracal
Regular

Post by Caracal » Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:28 pm

*PINHEAD* wrote:Well, Trunks knew when Cell was gonna awaken, and knew he would go after the Time Machine. In the original timeline, Trunks had probably just finished the androids, and was gonna go back to tell everybody. But since Cell had interfered with the whole timeline mess, Trunks knew about Cell. So he was probably just gonna use the time machine as bait to attract Cell.
That's how I saw it. Cell was able to escape Piccolo, who's one of the fastest DBZ fighters. How else was Trunks meant to find and fight Cell?

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:09 pm

B-kun wrote:
Dayspring wrote:Which proves movie 9 can't take place despite what any of you say! :P
The only thing that interferes with movie 9 fitting into the story timeline is the length of his hair, which was short when he fought Cell but is long again in the movie. But there's plenty of ways to explain that...

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:37 pm

So I should just ignore Dayspring. Gotcha,

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:58 am

Deus ex Machina wrote:
B-kun wrote:
The only thing that interferes with movie 9 fitting into the story timeline is the length of his hair, which was short when he fought Cell but is long again in the movie. But there's plenty of ways to explain that...
Nope. Because Bulma explains that after destroying the Androids in the future he came back to tell everybody. However, when he destroyed the future androids, his hair was short. We see this. Long-haired Trunks was just lip service to the fangirls.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:10 am

Yes, and? TOEI realised that long-haired Trunks buys fans. So they put him in the movie. If it bothers you, just watch the movie and pretend it's short-haired Trunks. Or pretend that Trunks had stayed in the future a bit longer for some reason.

SpaceKappa
Regular

Post by SpaceKappa » Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:11 am

Or he invested in some Rogaine.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:12 am

Just saying it proves movie 9 can't take place. :P

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:22 am

Yes, but it's such an incredibly dumb and minor feature, it's easily ignorable. Like I said, if it bothers you, just watch the movie and pretend it's short-haired Trunks.

Jodaku
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jodaku » Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:00 am

Has everybody forgotten that it takes the time machine 8 months to charge up for a round trip?

So yeah, movie 9 fits in the main story perfectly, long hair and all.