GT and Movie 6

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Joey Batz
Beyond Newbie

GT and Movie 6

Post by Joey Batz » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:58 am

You know the Funimation tracks for Dragon Ball GT? The ones everybody loves to hate (alright, alright, I didn't really like them either). Well I was watching DBZ Movie 6 (The Return of Cooler) and I noticed something: The track for Movie 6 and for all of GT are the SAME! Well, maybe not exactly the same, but I heard a couple of songs in the movie that are played quite liberally throughout GT. Sorry for posting the most useless thread in Dragon Ball fan site history (doubly so if this is old news), but I just thought it was pretty interesting.

NOTE: If I didn't make it clear already, I'm talking about the Funimation dubs. Not the Japanese score, not the Ocean dub or the Blue Water dub or whatever other dubs are out there (be they from companies named after water or not).

SatoSky
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SatoSky » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:05 am

Mark Menza "scored" both DBZ Movie 6 (and some others?) and DBGT, so it wouldn't be a surprise if you heard the same BGM tracks on both.

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:15 am

Yeah, Menza scored GT, as well as DBZ movies 6, 7, 9, 11, and the movie 1 redub.

Movies 6 & 7 seem to be where he gets the "recurring themes" that pop up in his score from time to time. Like, for example, the theme that he created for the movie 6 & 7 Super Saiyan transformations is incorporated intro his GT score whenever somebody does anything heroic.

It's pretty much the only time the GT dub score drops the constant somber-ish tone and tries to produce anything even close to emotion.
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs