Everything about the Black Star Dragons

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rain

Everything about the Black Star Dragons

Post by Rain » Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:46 pm

I was hoping someone could go into a little more detail about the whole last saga of Dragonball GT. More specifically, I want to know how exactly they explain the Dragons of each dragonball. Do they make any reference to the origin of all Dragonballs?

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Everything about the Black Star Dragons

Post by SaiyaJedi » Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:30 pm

Rain wrote:I was hoping someone could go into a little more detail about the whole last saga of Dragonball GT. More specifically, I want to know how exactly they explain the Dragons of each dragonball. Do they make any reference to the origin of all Dragonballs?
According to GT, the Dragon Balls were created by the son of Katattsu before he split into Kami-sama and Piccolo-Daimaou. This apparently makes them more powerful than the original ones. Additionally, they spread across all of space after a wish is granted, rather than all of one planet (note: this is never explained). But, the stress on the planet where the wish was made becomes so great that they must be returned there within a year or it'll blow up (again: this is never explained).

So... yeah. :?
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:53 pm

SaiyaJedi wrote: According to GT, the Dragon Balls were created by the son of Katattsu before he split into Kami-sama and Piccolo-Daimaou.
Of course, this doesn't make sense, as Daimaou didn't know what a Dragon Ball was until Pilaf told him. But that's GT for you.

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:21 pm

:?
Rain wrote:I was hoping someone could go into a little more detail about the whole last saga of Dragonball GT. More specifically, I want to know how exactly they explain the Dragons of each dragonball. Do they make any reference to the origin of all Dragonballs?
Rain's asking about the cracked/black Dragon Balls, not about the Black Star Dragon Balls...

Here's a quick explanation, before someone else writes a better one:

Those Dragon Balls are the same that appeared in DB since the first chapter of the first manga.

Every time Shen Long makes a wish come true, dark energy is brought to the Dragon Balls, to counter the energy created by Shen Long... Usually, that energy is dispersed with time, and it creates no problems. But they were used so many times, in such a little period, that the amount of dark energy was too high, and overloaded them, dominating the Dragon Balls, and cracking them.

When the cracked Dragon Balls were used to call Shen Long, a different, evil version appeared. This version did not give any wish, and spread itself into seven pieces, each one created by a wish from the past. Their power would continue to rise, and, eventually, the entire universe would be destroyed.

A cool backstory, for GT. It's a shame that the execution was so bad...