New Advance Adventure Screens and Article

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.
User avatar
Mugenmidget
Regular
Posts: 575
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:43 pm

New Advance Adventure Screens and Article

Post by Mugenmidget » Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:09 pm

http://gameboy.ign.com/articles/554/554709p1.html

Enjoy.

And the Banpresto site for those who want to skip right to it:

http://www.hotline-web.com/dgb_adav/

The commercial is hella sweet.

User avatar
SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
Posts: 2387
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:24 pm
Location: Osaka
Contact:

Re: New Advance Adventure Screens and Article

Post by SaiyaJedi » Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:10 pm

Mugenmidget wrote:The commercial is hella sweet.
Indeed. :)

(It's not a one-line post if I can direct your attention to the left... 8) )
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

User avatar
plusloud
Newbie
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:55 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Contact:

Post by plusloud » Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:53 pm

Are those bits of animation going to be cutscenes in the game? Or are they just meant for the CM?
Umm... just call me Remy, already. :p

User avatar
Mugenmidget
Regular
Posts: 575
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:43 pm

Re: New Advance Adventure Screens and Article

Post by Mugenmidget » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:56 pm

SaiyaJedi wrote:
Mugenmidget wrote:The commercial is hella sweet.
Indeed. :)

(It's not a one-line post if I can direct your attention to the left... 8) )
Hahaha.

Avatar revolution!

User avatar
Endishiki
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:53 pm
Location: USA

Post by Endishiki » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:10 pm

I wasn't sure if it would be confirmed for US release...

But now that it is, I am gloriously glad! I kind of wonder how they'll work platforming into a Dragon Ball game, though... hopefully there aren't any jumping puzzles... :?
"I am an Android from the future, destined to absorb 17 and 18. ~<3"

User avatar
Mugenmidget
Regular
Posts: 575
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:43 pm

Post by Mugenmidget » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:12 pm

Endishiki wrote:I wasn't sure if it would be confirmed for US release...

But now that it is, I am gloriously glad! I kind of wonder how they'll work platforming into a Dragon Ball game, though... hopefully there aren't any jumping puzzles... :?
Dragon Ball Advance Adventure arrives in Japan on November 18, 2004, and we'll bring you any news if this game gets picked up for release outside of Japan.

I don't think it is yet.

But I doubt they could overlook it.

User avatar
Endishiki
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:53 pm
Location: USA

Post by Endishiki » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:14 pm

... darn, I had some sort of blind hope that the fact that IGN was covering it would mean that it was going to be released.

My mistake for overlooking that bit... though, I'm kind of curious. How popular is Dragon Ball compared to DBZ? Anyone know?
"I am an Android from the future, destined to absorb 17 and 18. ~<3"

User avatar
Mugenmidget
Regular
Posts: 575
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:43 pm

Post by Mugenmidget » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:17 pm

Endishiki wrote:... darn, I had some sort of blind hope that the fact that IGN was covering it would mean that it was going to be released.

My mistake for overlooking that bit... though, I'm kind of curious. How popular is Dragon Ball compared to DBZ? Anyone know?
That is an interesting question.

But considering the style of gameplay, I'm guessing it won't be terribly text heavy *except for of course the story cutscenes.*

And if it does get picked up, modification/butchering is possible. But seeing how different FUNimation treats Dragonball kind of gives me hope.

User avatar
Endishiki
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:53 pm
Location: USA

Post by Endishiki » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:23 pm

Yes, it likely won't be text heavy... so importing it won't be too much of a pain, since I know most of the events that occur, anyhow (thank you, Goku Den).

I'm not too worried about what FUNi would do to it... the latter Legacy of Goku games weren't overly bad, though they were rife with a few inaccuracies. 8) Still just mostly concerned about how jumping will work into the DB universe.
"I am an Android from the future, destined to absorb 17 and 18. ~<3"

User avatar
Mugenmidget
Regular
Posts: 575
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:43 pm

Post by Mugenmidget » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:27 pm

Endishiki wrote:Yes, it likely won't be text heavy... so importing it won't be too much of a pain, since I know most of the events that occur, anyhow (thank you, Goku Den).

I'm not too worried about what FUNi would do to it... the latter Legacy of Goku games weren't overly bad, though they were rife with a few inaccuracies. 8) Still just mostly concerned about how jumping will work into the DB universe.
Well, I'm just mad about the removal of Head Cha La and Angels from Supersonic Warriors, mostly.

EDIT: And I guess the dub voices aren't "classic," but I can understand that replacement somewhat.

User avatar
Endishiki
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:53 pm
Location: USA

Post by Endishiki » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:32 pm

It's a somewhat understandable removal, concerning that most of DBZ's fanbase in the US seems to consist of braindead teenagers. If you were such a teen, what would you want... an upbeat, happy, somewhat nonsensical chant or a hard-backed rock ensemble?

I don't like it much, myself, but the fans here make up only a small portion of the fanbase.

... as far as the voices go, some of them are okay. Except for Freeza's... Freeza's dub voice sucks.
"I am an Android from the future, destined to absorb 17 and 18. ~<3"

User avatar
Mugenmidget
Regular
Posts: 575
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:43 pm

Post by Mugenmidget » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:35 pm

Endishiki wrote:It's a somewhat understandable removal, concerning that most of DBZ's fanbase in the US seems to consist of braindead teenagers. If you were such a teen, what would you want... an upbeat, happy, somewhat nonsensical chant or a hard-backed rock ensemble?

I don't like it much, myself, but the fans here make up only a small portion of the fanbase.

... as far as the voices go, some of them are okay. Except for Freeza's... Freeza's dub voice sucks.
Hahaha, that's actually the one I enjoy the most just cause it is so gosh darned funny.

But the weird thing was, Head Cha La was remixed into an almost "hard-rock" tune and there were no vocals. And I'm pretty sure Angels was similarly remixed.

So I don't know what they were afraid of. The tune they replaced both with is something they made up that appears in no version of the dub.

User avatar
*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN
Posts: 814
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:05 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Post by *PINHEAD* » Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:21 am

That footage from the commercial looks real sweet. Now I'm convinced to actually get this game if it does come out in the US. If not, I might get an import if this game turns out to be good.
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

User avatar
Mugenmidget
Regular
Posts: 575
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:43 pm

Post by Mugenmidget » Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:20 pm

*PINHEAD* wrote:That footage from the commercial looks real sweet. Now I'm convinced to actually get this game if it does come out in the US. If not, I might get an import if this game turns out to be good.
It is really fast paced too. That's something I think most people have been desiring in a Dragonball game for years.

User avatar
sangofe
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8126
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:39 pm

Post by sangofe » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:11 am

it was freakin nice to see updated dragonball art!
I'd kill to re-watch db like that!!

User avatar
TripleRach
Moderator
Posts: 2656
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:08 pm
Location: Ohio, USA
Contact:

Post by TripleRach » Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:58 am

Magic Box seems to have more screenshots. Most look old, but a few of them seem new, I think.

This is the first time I've noticed Juckie Chun, anyway. :?

User avatar
Frobman
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:30 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by Frobman » Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:00 pm

Looks like a neat game! Next game to buy!
Fry: Wow. The jungles on Mars look like the jungles on Earth.
Prof. Farnsworth: Jungles? On Earth? ([i]laughs[/i])

Futurama

visit [url]http://uk.geocities.com/amrks@btinternet.com[/url]

User avatar
SS Kakarot
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 153
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:23 am
Location: The Netherlands, Europe
Contact:

Post by SS Kakarot » Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:47 pm

Here's some shots that I took from the GBA promo video. :)

Image
My Cels:
http://sskakarot.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
http://cels.proboards33.com

User avatar
Mugenmidget
Regular
Posts: 575
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:43 pm

Post by Mugenmidget » Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:25 pm

SS Kakarot wrote:Here's some shots that I took from the GBA promo video. :)

Image
Good job!

User avatar
The S
I Live Here
Posts: 2414
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:54 am
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Contact:

Post by The S » Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:03 am

So we have Gok o u and Juckie Chun, eh? What's next, Piraf?
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Post Reply