Help translating!

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gotens_Girl

Help translating!

Post by Gotens_Girl » Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:43 am

I wasn't sure where to post this...I hope it doesn't go against any of the rules. I'm kinda new here...

Anyway, me and my friend are looking at some screenshots we found that may or may not be from Kingdom Hearts 2. I have one that has japanese subtitle's along the bottom. Most of the symbols are hirigana, but there is one that I think is kanji. I'm no great shakes at translating...I've got most of it romanised, except for the kanji. Can anyone help me out?

This is what I've got for the romanised, with spaces between each symbol:

o ma e wo i u ni .. wa se ru wa ke ni ha ri ka na ri!

The two dots are where the kanji symbol is. Am I right in thinking the frst part is something like "What's your name?" or something around names? I'm only operating on a basic knowledge of some Japanese. Thanks to anyone who responds!
<Zackarotto> Have fun raping the moral standards of the universe, you unloved bastard children.
<Vaeran> We always do. <3

Thanks Xyex for the avatar! ^_____^

plusloud

Post by plusloud » Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:08 pm

Do you mean this?

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/kingdom ... tml?page=3

Omae o Sora ni awaseru wake ni wa ikanai... Julian? ^^;;;
Umm... just call me Remy, already. :p

Gotens_Girl

Post by Gotens_Girl » Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:27 pm

Yeah, that's the one. We're hoping this'll tell us who the blonde haired kid is. He shows up a lot in the different screenchots we've found.

Thanks very much for that. And yeah...Julian?? Help??
<Zackarotto> Have fun raping the moral standards of the universe, you unloved bastard children.

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:11 pm

Kiriyama BRX wrote:Do you mean this?

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/kingdom ... tml?page=3

Omae o Sora ni awaseru wake ni wa ikanai... Julian? ^^;;;
Err... I'm not completely clear on the meaning... uh... Greg? ^^;;
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Daimao
Mr. Subtitles

Post by Daimao » Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:44 pm

"There's no way I can allow you to meet Sora!"

Mugenmidget
Regular

Post by Mugenmidget » Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:34 pm

Daimao wrote:"There's no way I can allow you to meet Sora!"
He graces us!

*swoon*

Gotens_Girl

Post by Gotens_Girl » Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:35 am

Thank you so much! Wow, that will open up some new theories.

Anyone else here into Kingdom Hearts, has played the game, or is excited about the upcoming release of KH2?

Maybe I'm just a weirdo...Oh well, at least my friend is too! Take that, Ben!

Ash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ash » Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:55 am

Since it's here already....could someone please translate this for me? [*don't kill me!*]

さりげなくルパン - 未発表作品 (青山剛昌短編集・4番サードに収録)- 左記参照

[it's the name and a comment on a short story by Aoyama Gosho, mangaka of Magic Kaito and Meitantei Conan, but not a single site apart of Japanese sites seems to even mention this particular title title]
[i]"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth"[/i] - The Lamp of God, Ellery Queen

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:54 pm

Gotens_Girl wrote:Anyone else here into Kingdom Hearts, has played the game, or is excited about the upcoming release of KH2?
It may be a better idea to take this conversation over to Randomness, an off-topic forum that we regulars use when we want to talk about things other than DragonBall.

Gotens_Girl

Post by Gotens_Girl » Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:42 am

Oooh, okay sorry. Pay no attention to me, I'm just a stupid newbie ^^
Is the translation thing against the rules too?

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:06 pm

There are no stupid newbies, only stupid topics. Wait, there are plenty of stupid newbies. Sorry.

Well, this is very off-topic, and General Discussion isn't actually an off-topic forum. Everyone makes mistakes, so don't beat yourself up.

(Seriously though? I doubt anyone on Randomness could have actually helped you :P)

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:21 pm

Ash wrote:Since it's here already....could someone please translate this for me? [*don't kill me!*]

さりげなくルパン - 未発表作品 (青山剛昌短編集・4番サードに収録)- 左記参照

[it's the name and a comment on a short story by Aoyama Gosho, mangaka of Magic Kaito and Meitantei Conan, but not a single site apart of Japanese sites seems to even mention this particular title title]
No one else has replied yet, and I don't completely understand this syntax, but the best I can get is:

Casually Lupin - Unpublished Work (AOYAMA Goushou Short Story Collection - #4 Third Recording) - Following Reference

Hope I didn't mess this up TOO badly... Sounds like a bibliography line, or something. :?

Ash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ash » Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:32 pm

OK, thanks ^_^

It's indeed a bibliography line, but nobody on this planet seems to know this short story of Aoyama >.<
[i]"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth"[/i] - The Lamp of God, Ellery Queen

Gotens_Girl

Post by Gotens_Girl » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:29 am

(Cant seem to get this quote thingy to work...anyone care to explain how to do it? Anyway, let it be known that this is in reply to Zackarotto's post.)

Sorry again. Wasn't really sure whether to post it in the first place anyway (see my first post in this thread). And that's too bad about Randomness. I went over there yesterday to check it out. And read over your weddng thread, oddly enough. Congradulations ^_^!

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:09 am

[quote="Gotens_Girl"](Cant seem to get this quote thingy to work...anyone care to explain how to do it? Anyway, let it be known that this is in reply to Zackarotto's post.)[/quote]

This would be the syntax for quoting and replying to someone. I disabled BBCode in my post, here, so you could actually see what's going on. It's turned on by default, so it would normally show (if I typed it all like you see in this post) with the little white quite box above, and then this text below it.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:28 am

VegettoEX wrote:This would be the syntax for quoting and replying to someone. I disabled BBCode in my post, here, so you could actually see what's going on. It's turned on by default, so it would normally show (if I typed it all like you see in this post) with the little white quite box above, and then this text below it.
Wow. I never even saw that, before... :)

Uh, anyway, it's just that you don't find Julian or Greg or other cool Japanese-proficient people at Random. Technically the only safe way would be to ask the question on Daizex-Randomness, and have somebody tell you who to PM the question to on Daizex-Regular. I don't think anybody actually cares enough, though.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:38 am

Just fixed your post for ya'. You can the checkbox for "Disable BBCode" checked ON in your reply; you want that UN-checked in order for it to display properly.

And yes, this is where all the cool people are. Any by cool, I mean everyone other than me.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:07 pm

Wait a minute Zacko. I would care enough to tell her if she posted over on Randomness. And EX is actually a member of the Randomness boards. Just because you're a cold boy who wouldn't care, doesn't mean it's the same for everyone. :P
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:38 pm

Ooooh. Those sound like fighting words! *Gets out the popcorn*

Anyway, Gotens_Girl, if you haven't already joined Randomness then do so. ^_^ It's what I made it for after all.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:34 pm

I actually checked the box to play with it, see it for myself... I did a similar thing with Smilies, too. Whatever, doesn't matter at this point.

I may be a cold boy, but... I have hot chocolate. :P