How come Tien wasn't in the Buu Saga much?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ShinRogafuken
OMG CRAZY REGEN

How come Tien wasn't in the Buu Saga much?

Post by ShinRogafuken » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:55 pm

I know he appeared in 6 episodes....but still, is their a reason Akira Toriyama "wrote him off"?

Zuhalter2000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zuhalter2000 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:57 pm

I just assumed it was because of his sorta "lone wolf" wander mentality. He fought with the group but never really hung out with them. Non-sayians basically got the shaft as the series progressed. :(
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
[quote="Tenshinhan (Ocean Dub)"]This three-eyed cowboy is going for one last ride![/quote]
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Zuhalter2000[/url]

shinaobi
Not-So-Newbie

Post by shinaobi » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:57 pm

He wasn't a Super Saiyan, Krillin or #18.
I dislike you intensely.(probably)

Zuhalter2000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zuhalter2000 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:58 pm

shinaobi wrote:He wasn't a Super Saiyan, Krillin or #18.
Hit the nail on the head. :wink:
[quote="Tenshinhan (Ocean Dub)"]This three-eyed cowboy is going for one last ride![/quote]

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:00 pm

Because he had no point anymore.

ShinRogafuken
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ShinRogafuken » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:01 pm

I just felt that he was such a great character!

I mean, they could have least did what they did with Krillin and Yamcha....

shinaobi
Not-So-Newbie

Post by shinaobi » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:03 pm

Yamcha: "I dun feel like fightin no moar."

At least Krillin decided to be a responsible parent.

Zuhalter2000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zuhalter2000 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:04 pm

ShinRogafuken wrote:I just felt that he was such a great character
*Gives High Five*

He was a boss in the Saiyan Saga but the n he fell off with the rest of "Earths Greatest Defenders." He should have at least been thrown into the 25th Tenkaichi Budoukai...

Sprite Satan
Regular

Post by Sprite Satan » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:05 pm

Did with Yamucha? Yamucha was done and dusted long before Tenshinhan and Kuririn ever were.
Yamucha Densetsu - APRIL 8th Update - Goku is Yamucha and Yamucha is Goku
Further evidence to support the Yamucha-Goten lineage! Features badly Photoshopped images from Google search

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:06 pm

Zuhalter2000 wrote:
*Gives High Five*

He was a boss in the Saiyan Saga but the n he fell off with the rest of "Earths Greatest Defenders." He should have at least been thrown into the 25th Tenkaichi Budoukai...
He's already won a Budokai. :P

Zuhalter2000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zuhalter2000 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:09 pm

Rocketman wrote:
Zuhalter2000 wrote:
*Gives High Five*

He's already won a Budokai. :P
GO FOR 2!!! :lol: But really , he was a good character that went to waste like so many others (Raditz, Krillin, Yamucha, Uub, etc).

shinaobi
Not-So-Newbie

Post by shinaobi » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:10 pm

Zuhalter2000 wrote:
*Gives High Five*

Exploded by a Saibaman does not mean boss. In fact, I'm pretty sure he was the first one to go down.

Not that I hate Yamcha, though; I'm just annoyed at the reason they perma-sidelined him.

Sprite Satan
Regular

Post by Sprite Satan » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:12 pm

At least Tenshinhan and the others (even Chaozu!!) got to actually fight Nappa.

Yamucha was done and dusted as anything with potential as soon as the original hunt for the Dragon Ball arc ended. After that it's all just "and Yamucha was there too".
Further evidence to support the Yamucha-Goten lineage! Features badly Photoshopped images from Google search

Zuhalter2000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zuhalter2000 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:13 pm

shinaobi wrote:
Zuhalter2000 wrote:
*Gives High Five*

Exploded by a Saibaman does not mean boss. In fact, I'm pretty sure he was the first one to go down.

Not that I hate Yamcha, though; I'm just annoyed at the reason they perma-sidelined him.
Whao, were talkin Tenshinhan here not Yamucha (I'm not exactly a Yamucha fan)! Tenshinhan=boss. Yamucha =/= boss.

shinaobi
Not-So-Newbie

Post by shinaobi » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:17 pm

Oh, whoops. Got confuzzled there. >_>

I'll give Tien credit for managing to survive his arm getting punched off, but he doesn't really contribute any afterwards; he just musses up Nappa's armor and kicks the bucket.

Sprite Satan
Regular

Post by Sprite Satan » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:19 pm

shinaobi wrote:I'll give Tenshinhan credit for managing to survive his arm getting punched off, but he doesn't really contribute any afterwards; he just musses up Nappa's armor and kicks the bucket.
Yeah, but that's as much as anyone did, including Piccolo, until Goku arrived. And besides, self sacrificing is always cool, that's why that and his Shin Kikoho craziness on Cell are some of my favourite moments in the series.

I might be running a Tenshinhan blog instead if the three-eyed git didn't have two excellent fan sites for him all ready. (And doesn't seem to be the type of guy you can rib too much anyway)

shinaobi
Not-So-Newbie

Post by shinaobi » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:23 pm

Piccolo and Krillin got some solid hits in if the anime is to believed.

But anyway, I'd say the guy is pretty cool though; if memory serves, he even comes out of nowhere(in a cool outfit, I might add) and manages to get some good hits on Super Buu; I'm pretty sure all the other humans just cowered.

Sprite Satan
Regular

Post by Sprite Satan » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:25 pm

shinaobi wrote:Piccolo and Krillin got some solid hits in if the anime is to believed.
It's not, but even those were pretty lame as well. Yeah, they bopped him in the head a few times and he went "Grr, don't chu be doin' that".
shinaobi wrote:But anyway, I'd say the guy is pretty cool though; if memory serves, he even comes out of nowhere(in a cool outfit, I might add) and manages to get some good hits on Super Buu; I'm pretty sure all the other humans just cowered.
Yeah, Tenshinhan, and later Mister Satan, are pretty much the only humans to stand up to Boo. Now that's a pair for you.

Saiyan-Professor
I Live Here

Post by Saiyan-Professor » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:30 pm

Sprite Satan wrote:
shinaobi wrote:I'll give Tenshinhan credit for managing to survive his arm getting punched off, but he doesn't really contribute any afterwards; he just musses up Nappa's armor and kicks the bucket.
Yeah, but that's as much as anyone did, including Piccolo, until Goku arrived. And besides, self sacrificing is always cool, that's why that and his Shin Kikoho craziness on Cell are some of my favourite moments in the series.

I might be running a Tenshinhan blog instead if the three-eyed git didn't have two excellent fan sites for him all ready. (And doesn't seem to be the type of guy you can rib too much anyway)
Tenshinhan made it clear that after the battle with Cell was over that the other Z-Senshi probably was not going to see him anymore after that battle. Therefore, his appearance during the Buu arc was a treat. In addition, it is sad that Toriyama could not allow him to at least keep up to Piccolo’s level of strength. Toriyama could have explored Tenshinhan’s alien ancestry in order for him to gain access to more power.

Can you Private Message the links to the Tenshinhan websites you mentioned?
The Saiyans are very much like the Klingons and Jem'Hadar.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:54 pm

Zuhalter2000 wrote:GO FOR 2!!! :lol: But really , he was a good character that went to waste like so many others (Raditz, Krillin, Yamucha, Uub, etc).
How was Raditz a good character?