Can Androids 17 and 18..

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Yamcha_krillin
Beyond Newbie

Can Androids 17 and 18..

Post by Yamcha_krillin » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:15 am

increase their strength by training?

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:22 am

No idea! Considering they're still so human and assuming the energy they use is something completely seperate from ki, I don't see why they wouldn't be able to draw out hidden ki through training. The problem is it might conflict with the infinite reactor rather than adding to it.

I don't think there's a way to increase the output of the infinite reactors, so if they're still relying on them there's probably not much chance of their power changing.

Yamcha_krillin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yamcha_krillin » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:34 pm

I kinda had the same idea.I thought that they can only improve their human side power level wich could make their bodies stronger.As for the generator inside them ,we dont know how it works maybe if they gain strength they can pump up the Generator with more power and make the generator stronger,somehow.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:47 pm

Could they even train? The cyborg attachments would take care of the effort needed. Your muscles don't get a workout if it's hydraulics lifting those 500-pound weights...

Horgus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Horgus » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:29 pm

They would probably need to remove their enhancements, however they're already arguably (Ten is probably the sole exception) stronger than humans can get.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:32 pm

By training with other intelligent life, I'm sure they could learn a few things, such as the nature of different fighters, new techniques and even a few moves.

Tyro
Patreon Supporter

Post by Tyro » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:39 pm

For what it's worth, during the Boo arc there are panels showing everybody who's training for the upcoming Tenka'ichi Budokai, and #18 isn't among those people (even though Kuririn is).

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:34 pm

I remember that during the Majin Vegeta eps, 18 says something about noticing that Vegeta's ki was different, so maybe she learned that as well as gotten stronger.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:24 am

Horgus wrote:They would probably need to remove their enhancements, however they're already arguably (Ten is probably the sole exception) stronger than humans can get.

No human would ever be able to catch up to 17 and 18.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:43 am

Xyex wrote:
Horgus wrote:They would probably need to remove their enhancements, however they're already arguably (Ten is probably the sole exception) stronger than humans can get.

Uub....He's humen.

I don't think they could get stronger in strength, but they could probably still learn some new techniques or something.
Gohan: "You're a Buddhist." Kuririn: "A hungry Buddhist!"

Horgus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Horgus » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:17 am

Xyex wrote: ........

That's why I said arguably.

Additionally, we have no idea how strong Ten is by the Buu saga, he could very well have surpassed #18 for all we know.

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:32 am

Tennshinhan had some power, especially after neutralizing Super Buu's attack to help out Gohan.
Gohan: "You're a Buddhist." Kuririn: "A hungry Buddhist!"

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:02 am

That was using the Shin Ki Kou Hou though, which for all intents and purposes seems to yield effects far greater than his battle power would suggest. After all, his normal Ki Kou Hou did far more to Nappa than Chiaotzu's self-destruction or Kuririn's split ki beam (the one that took out three of the Cultivars) did, and Tenshinhan wasn't anywhere near full power at the time.

Even though it's never stated directly, it's highly unlikely that the Shin Ki Kou Hou is anywhere less than several times stronger than the normal Ki Kou Hou, in the same manner that the Chou Kamehameha isn't several times stronger than the normal Kamehameha.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:15 am

Horgus wrote:Additionally, we have no idea how strong Ten is by the Buu saga, he could very well have surpassed #18 for all we know.
A human. Surpassing a Super Saiyan.

Ah ha. Ha. Ha.

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:37 am

Rocketman wrote:
Horgus wrote:Additionally, we have no idea how strong Ten is by the Buu saga, he could very well have surpassed #18 for all we know.
A human. Surpassing a Super Saiyan.

Ah ha. Ha. Ha.
Preconceived notions aside, what makes you think that's impossible?

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:40 am

Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote:Preconceived notions aside, what makes you think that's impossible?
Humans don't gain power that fast.

nikko

Post by nikko » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:47 am

Yes. They are cyborgs, not robots, therefore they have human parts and can train their biological muscles. Also don't forget that when Kami entered a weak human body , he could still fight well... training is mostly spiritual.

Wojak
Regular

Post by Wojak » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:52 am

nikko wrote:Yes. They are cyborgs, not robots, therefore they have human parts and can train their biological muscles. Also don't forget that when Kami entered a weak human body , he could still fight well... training is mostly spiritual.
Agreed. When Gohan entered High School, they laughed at the fact that he would be the Great Saiyaman, because of that he didn't look that strong.
But he held a great power.
Insiiiide of him!
No more time for Daizex. Goodbye folks!

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:58 am

nikko wrote:Yes. They are cyborgs, not robots, therefore they have human parts and can train their biological muscles.
Except the cyborg enhancements will be doing the work, not their biological muscles.

Yamcha_krillin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yamcha_krillin » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:22 am

SSj_Rambo wrote:By training with other intelligent life, I'm sure they could learn a few things, such as the nature of different fighters, new techniques and even a few moves.
Corect since 18 did know how to do the Kienzan in the Buu saga so she must have done some training.