New "Remastered Box Set" Information

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mystery Person X
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mystery Person X » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:02 am

DVD-9 (which is every bit as standard as DVD-5, to be honest). FUNi do a lot of stupid things, but they wouldn't put 7 episodes on a DVD-5.

dragondyle
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by dragondyle » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:24 pm

So is this box set in widescreen or what? I looked on a lot of online stores that has this on pre-order but doesn't say anything about it being in widescreen (not even on the box set itself, or the Z-store), and some say its in fullscreen. Only time I heard it was in widescreen was from the trailers. Are they trying to cover up their mistake?
You must have faith in who you are.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:44 pm

dragondyle wrote:So is this box set in widescreen or what? I looked on a lot of online stores that has this on pre-order but doesn't say anything about it being in widescreen (not even on the box set itself, or the Z-store), and some say its in fullscreen. Only time I heard it was in widescreen was from the trailers. Are they trying to cover up their mistake?
Widescreen, and yes.

Mystery Person X
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mystery Person X » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:46 pm

dragondyle wrote:So is this box set in widescreen or what? ... Only time I heard it was in widescreen was from the trailers.
The trailers don't just tell us it's widescreen, the latest ones go to great pains to explain why it's apparently a good thing for it to be widescreen :roll: Information about the box set is generally quite incomplete/inconsistent at online stores, but it's certain by this point that it's widescreen.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:06 pm

I noticed, though, that they happened to leave out the word "Widescreen" in relation to this DVD set on the main page and in the new mini-trailer advertisement for the DVDs. I mean, it still shows the video in Widescreen but it doesn't actually mention said buzzword.

My willpower was not strong enough. I preordered the sets at CD Universe for $20. Oh wel, better than $50.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:43 am

Kendamu wrote:I noticed, though, that they happened to leave out the word "Widescreen" in relation to this DVD set on the main page and in the new mini-trailer advertisement for the DVDs. I mean, it still shows the video in Widescreen but it doesn't actually mention said buzzword.
It just shows that they're still avoiding the fact that widescreen was a bad idea.
Kendamu wrote:My willpower was not strong enough. I preordered the sets at CD Universe for $20. Oh wel, better than $50.
for shame
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:04 am

For anyone looking for series screens in widescreen goto http://kendamu.proboards49.com/index.cg ... 1168761511

I uploaded a bunch of screencaps I took of the tech trailer. Mind you, I just took screenshots of my desktop and half-ass cropped the extra crap out so you could get just the screenshot so they're not cut exactly perfectly. But, within a few pixels here or there these are actual series shots!
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

narth3x

Post by narth3x » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:32 am

Can somebody tell me a international shipping shop where i can pre-order the Set?
thanks

Mystery Person X
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mystery Person X » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:50 am

Um... anywhere?

The aforementioned http://www.cduniverse.com ships internationally, though I've never used it. I find http://www.dvdpacific.com is generally the best price-wise, but their shipping to the UK tends to be quite slow (and in this case I'd hazard a guess that CD Universe beats them in price, even with international shipping). Amazon.com ships internationally of course.

Basically, go to any online store and look at their help pages for information about international shipping.

narth3x

Post by narth3x » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:13 am

Thanks for cduniverse.
This is a nice shop with paypal Payment and a low Price.

Ran Fuan

Post by Ran Fuan » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:09 pm

February is not to far away, I'm looking forward to the release date.
I don't have any offical dvds of dbz and have been forced to watch via youtube now and again just to get a fix.
I know it isn't a good idea and the quality is very poor, but I plan to re-pay Funi by purchasing the box sets.
After all, it is the decentcy that counts right?

Brad Redfield
Regular

Post by Brad Redfield » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:30 pm

Season Two is apparently availible for pre-order at CDUniverse:

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.a ... ovie&BAB=E

I finally caved in and pre-ordered Season One from them. :P

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:49 pm

Brad Redfield wrote:Season Two is apparently availible for pre-order at CDUniverse:

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.a ... ovie&BAB=E

I finally caved in and pre-ordered Season One from them. :P
Pfft, 34 bucks? I thought CDUniverse knew better!

*waits for the price to go down to 19 dollars*

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:06 pm

fps_anth wrote:Pfft, 34 bucks? I thought CDUniverse knew better!

*waits for the price to go down to 19 dollars*
That is strange, especially since FUNi came out and said not to trust the Navarre information since those schedules weren't in stone yet.

-Corey

_Jrinu_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by _Jrinu_ » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:25 pm

Don't know if you guys have seen this yet, but there's a new FUNimation trailer advertising the Box sets. It goes into detail about how they remastered it and what not.

There's a lot of footage of Broli so it's pretty safe to assume they will be doing the movies.

http://media.funimation.com/trailers/DB ... _Large.mov
There is no better combination in the world than Dragonball, Cherry Pepsi, and Cheez-Its. It's a proven fact.
The Super Saiya-jin Bobba Fetts: Gym Class Badminton Champions 2006!!
Wii Friend Code: 1134 6268 9135 3724/ Xbox live gamertag: Jrinu
Jump Ultimate Stars Code: 2534 9452 9303

John
Not-So-Newbie

Post by John » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:15 pm

_Jrinu_ wrote:Don't know if you guys have seen this yet, but there's a new FUNimation trailer advertising the Box sets. It goes into detail about how they remastered it and what not.

There's a lot of footage of Broli so it's pretty safe to assume they will be doing the movies.

http://media.funimation.com/trailers/DB ... _Large.mov
Yes honey we've seen this :wink:

Thanks for the sad, sad, reminder though.
(guitar solo goes here)

TheMajinRedComet
Patreon Supporter

Post by TheMajinRedComet » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:53 pm

How are they avoiding the widescreen issue, when it says widescreen on the cover of the box set....
Hiei: "So tell me - what's it like living in a constant haze of Stupidity?"
Hiei: "I know as much about games as I do puppies and huggs....Wake me up for the end of world"
Welcome to Super Vegeta's Big Bang Attack.... Welcome to Oblivion!!!
Remember "When things get weird, skip the last saga"-Chris Sabat

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:55 pm

TheMajinRedComet wrote:How are they avoiding the widescreen issue, when it says widescreen on the cover of the box set....
Where? :?

The pics I've seen have nothing of the sort...
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

SatoSky
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SatoSky » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:00 pm

TheMajinRedComet wrote:How are they avoiding the widescreen issue, when it says widescreen on the cover of the box set....

No mention of the widescreen issue what-so-ever.

TheMajinRedComet
Patreon Supporter

Post by TheMajinRedComet » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:05 pm

your right sorry... I had not seen the cover in some time. my bad, very quick reponse.
Hiei: "So tell me - what's it like living in a constant haze of Stupidity?"
Hiei: "I know as much about games as I do puppies and huggs....Wake me up for the end of world"
Welcome to Super Vegeta's Big Bang Attack.... Welcome to Oblivion!!!
Remember "When things get weird, skip the last saga"-Chris Sabat