Toyble DBAF [June 9, 2012] Vol 4 HD release complete

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Re: Toyble DBAF Aug 7, 2010] pg 172-174

Post by Herms » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:28 pm

Toyble says he's still going to be stingy with updates, but plans to have all of volume 3 up on his blog by the next Comiket in late December (so by the end of the year, in other words).
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:52 pm

Asura wrote:I was enjoying this story until the latest chapter. No offense but the plot just turned to shit right there. This whole "7 Light Super Saiyan" thing going on seems far fetched and just blatantly stupid.
Thank you! I was afraid for a second there that I was the only one who thought the Saiyans being the "uniquely gifted race of light" was just ridiculous. It's too much of a coincidence that the saiyans were that particular race that could restore the dragon balls.
Rocketman wrote:Wait, I thought Goku took the Dragonballs with him when he vanished. Doesn't he absorb them as Shenron flies away? How are they with Dende?
I just thought about that. How did the dragon ball stones end up with Dende? Maybe Toyable forgot that they disappeared along with Goku or completely ignored that fact in order move forward with his story.
Ussj Future Trunks wrote:Now as much as I love SSJ Pan and Bra (surely you all wanted that since GT), it seems toyble has been reading too much DBM lately, lol. Sigh more Broly when we could have had Future Trunks...
I'm actually really happy to see Broly show up finally. It'll be interesting to see how he would react since he doesn't appear to be in his "KAKAROT!" mode. He only tends to flip out when Goku's around and since he wont show up for a while maybe will get to see some real character development out of him.

Necrosaber
Beyond Newbie

Post by Necrosaber » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:55 pm

Scarz wrote:
Thank you! I was afraid for a second there that I was the only one who thought the Saiyans being the "uniquely gifted race of light" was just ridiculous. It's too much of a coincidence that the saiyans were that particular race that could restore the dragon balls. [/quote]

I don't think that's what it meant. I think he meant that Saiyans were one of the few races in the galaxy with that kind of power to generate the energy needed to restore the Dragonballs.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:58 pm

Well, the Dragon Balls (in the animation) do wind up returning to Earth. The Four-Star Ball winds up at Mount Paozu, after all. In Herms' translation doesn't Elder Kaiôshin outright say the Dragon Balls still need another thousand years for their light to return?
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Necrosaber
Beyond Newbie

Post by Necrosaber » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:07 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Well, the Dragon Balls (in the animation) do wind up returning to Earth. The Four-Star Ball winds up at Mount Paozu, after all. In Herms' translation doesn't Elder Kaiôshin outright say the Dragon Balls still need another thousand years for their light to return?
The whole Dragonball thing confuses me. In GT, it is said that the dragonballs need at least a hundred years or more to rid themselves of all the minus energy. Maybe it has something to do with that.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:44 pm

Shit, I didn't see these extra pages until right now (I just started a new job last week, super busy).

@Necrosaber (and everyone else) I'm working on pages 49-68 (are these the page numbers from book 3?) right now - this make take some time (I'm working 12 hour days) but expect them by next Monday.

@M4rb (or anyone else with the physical books) any chance you could scan the pages? My biggest gripe with Toyble is the low resolution, it makes it hard to pet the text on. If anyone can get me scans (if you can get me 600 dpi, that'd be awesome) I'd absolutely love to start a proper release, ie. full re-release from page one.

If that last bit goes through, I'm hoping for sound effect translations too. Herms?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:01 pm

Wasn't there a site that sold the DBAF volumes? Has anyone looked into just importing them for Desire? :p
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

M4rb

Post by M4rb » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:20 pm

@M4rb (or anyone else with the physical books) any chance you could scan the pages?
I never scan any of my doujinshi or manga as it would destroy the spine and the bindings, sorry. That's why I re-used Gokuten's low-res scans for the English scanlations of the final DBAF chapter on my website.

Necrosaber
Beyond Newbie

Post by Necrosaber » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:16 pm

How many pages does the rough draft of Volume 2 have? Was it in the book it did it come separately with it? I'm keeping an eye out on all auction sites (Yahoo Auction Japan as well).

Herms

Post by Herms » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:26 pm

Scarz wrote:It's too much of a coincidence that the saiyans were that particular race that could restore the dragon balls.
I kinda feel like Toyble is just being true to the source material here, since the DB series is full of stuff like that. I mean, in the Saiyan arc alone it's established that Earth is home to not one but two members of alien races that were almost completely wiped out by some disaster. And not just any alien races either, but ones with super special powers. And both lost their memory at a young age. So in that light this seems pretty par for the course. Just ascribe it to fate or whatever.
desirecampbell wrote:If that last bit goes through, I'm hoping for sound effect translations too. Herms?
Sure, I could do that. I've mostly avoided translating the sound effects up to now out of sheer laziness and the fact that I don't see seem as essential to understanding the story (I mean, if there's a huge explosion, do you need to be told that the sound effect says "boom"?), but I could certainly go back and do those if you want.

Ussj Future Trunks
Regular

Post by Ussj Future Trunks » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:42 pm

Well Pan and Bra did they were training to become SSJS. So its not like they "just transformed".
Simian upstart...none surpass me. No one even comes close! BURN THIS INTO YOUR MIND! I am emperor of the universe. The likes of you are only fit to grovel at my feet. Or better still...to be crushed...LIKE AN INSECT AT THE WHIM OF YOUR MASTER!

- Freeza, DBZ Kai.

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:56 pm

Last edited by AnimeMaakuo on Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
My YouTube

Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:08 pm

AnimeMaakuo wrote:Would you guys recommend buying these comics? I found them on Ebay brand new?
Or would you say that this is not worth it.
If you understand moonspeak, then yeah. Otherwise stick to the scanlations, that's my opinion at least.

Necrosaber
Beyond Newbie

Post by Necrosaber » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:24 pm

AnimeMaakuo wrote:Would you guys recommend buying these comics? I found them on Ebay brand new?
Or would you say that this is not worth it.
I like having 'em, I think they're pretty cool. I recommend buying them on the Mandarake website, though. On Ebay, they seem to price 'em at about $50, but on the other site, you're looking to spend maybe $36 total.

SephiVA

Post by SephiVA » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:31 pm

Holy crap! That's crazy! That DOES explain why in the preview of Goku going SS5 that we saw Broly..wow. This is going to be awesome! I've always been a huge Broly fan! (The only part I don't like is Pan and Bra being able to go Super Saiyan but I'll look past that because it works for the plot)
Scarz wrote:
Asura wrote:I was enjoying this story until the latest chapter. No offense but the plot just turned to shit right there. This whole "7 Light Super Saiyan" thing going on seems far fetched and just blatantly stupid.
Thank you! I was afraid for a second there that I was the only one who thought the Saiyans being the "uniquely gifted race of light" was just ridiculous. It's too much of a coincidence that the saiyans were that particular race that could restore the dragon balls.
[/quote]
I agree, it is rather cheesy, but I'm willing to accept it because the plot has been good up until that point and I'm just glad to see an excuse to see Broly around again! (Everything else was well done anyways)
I just thought about that. How did the dragon ball stones end up with Dende? Maybe Toyable forgot that they disappeared along with Goku or completely ignored that fact in order move forward with his story.
I agree, Toyable must've simply forgot, but that particular plot point I don't at all mind him forgetting about, sense it helps keep the manga going I guess.
I'm actually really happy to see Broly show up finally. It'll be interesting to see how he would react since he doesn't appear to be in his "KAKAROT!" mode. He only tends to flip out when Goku's around and since he wont show up for a while maybe will get to see some real character development out of him.
I'm happy to see Broly as well, and it was clearly being shown through various pics by Toyable that Broly was going to show up again. He isn't in his "KAKAROT" mode, but remember how violent he is..I don't think it'll take much to put him into Legendary Super Saiyan who kills people mode again, and the question is: how will they calm him down and/or convince him to be anything but an enemy?
"As I mature, I throw the old child aside and in for the new. As I shed my darkness, and try to further embrace the light. As I take a step forward in life, I no longer look back. As I embrace my friends, I protect them from attack. May the light of god surround us, his power protect us, and his presense hold us."--Me, with some help from the Holy Spirit.

Herms

Post by Herms » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:21 pm

SephiVA wrote:how will they calm him down and/or convince him to be anything but an enemy?
Considering that Trunks told Goten that "they" could now use force to get Broli to listen to them if need be, I'm hoping we'll see grown-up Gotenks beat the tar out of Broli.

SephiVA

Post by SephiVA » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:42 pm

Herms wrote:Wow, thanks a bunch Necrosaber! I went through those pages pretty quick, so I'll probably revise this later.

Edit: Rats, missed a page. Fixed now.
Edit edit: OK, translations fully revised now.

-snip-
Writing on bottom: 3 Lyra’s Miscalculation (complete)
Based on the translations you provided, I typesetted (I believe thats the term) the raws, if anybody wants to use them for whatever reason, I don't mind. If not, that's cool too. Just didn't see it done anywhere yet, so I had enough free time to do it myself lol

http://img823.imageshack.us/g/43459421.png/
http://img687.imageshack.us/g/45235076.png/
"As I mature, I throw the old child aside and in for the new. As I shed my darkness, and try to further embrace the light. As I take a step forward in life, I no longer look back. As I embrace my friends, I protect them from attack. May the light of god surround us, his power protect us, and his presense hold us."--Me, with some help from the Holy Spirit.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:55 pm

Herms wrote:
SephiVA wrote:how will they calm him down and/or convince him to be anything but an enemy?
Considering that Trunks told Goten that "they" could now use force to get Broli to listen to them if need be, I'm hoping we'll see grown-up Gotenks beat the tar out of Broli.
I would pay money if the next ten pages are Goten and Trunks just punching Broly in the balls.

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:22 pm

SephiVA wrote: Based on the translations you provided, I typesetted (I believe thats the term) the raws, if anybody wants to use them for whatever reason, I don't mind. If not, that's cool too. Just didn't see it done anywhere yet, so I had enough free time to do it myself lol

http://img823.imageshack.us/g/43459421.png/
http://img687.imageshack.us/g/45235076.png/
Thanks for reminding me why AF is so much better than Multiverse! The font's different to all the other pages, but that doesn't really matter.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:05 pm

Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:Thanks for reminding me why AF is so much better than Multiverse! The font's different to all the other pages, but that doesn't really matter.
It does to me! D:

No offence but, desirecampbell does a cleaner job.