Is there an indication to how strong Mr Popo is?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Akira
Regular

Post by Akira » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:03 am

When Piccolo split, it was in his youth. He DID split into two halves of equal battle power. Damaio ran rampant on the earth and his power grew, until Mutaito gave his life sealing Damaio away. Sealed away for well over one hundred years, he stayed at whatever his power was when he was caught in there. Kami, on the other hand grew in power as a guardian over a century or more. So even Daimao regaining his youth did not raise his battle power to the level of his good half, Kami.

It was Daimao Junior who surpassed Kami, as did Son after the three years before the 23rd Budokai. Popo was strong enough to beat Daimao, but wouldn't because he would kill Kami as well.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:59 am

What gives you the impression that Piccolo and Kami were once equals Akira? I've watched the entire King Piccolo saga and I can't recall anything that would lend credit to that explination.

Grandmaster J
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Grandmaster J » Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:24 am

I always liked Mr. Popo. I believe he could've kicked some major ass had he been included in some of the early battles. Who knows what kind of hidden powers he had. He should've at least had an appearance in one of the Tournaments in Dragon Ball. He would've done better than Yajirobe, that's for sure.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:22 pm

It would make sense for them to have equal power at the time of the division, because although the evil within Kami was only a small part, the physical aspect would most likely be an equal divide, Ki and all.

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:06 pm

If Popo was capable of defeating Daimao Piccolo (which seems likely) then you have to wonder why Kami didn't just send him down to take care of the mess.

"Oh look, ol' pruneface is free again, Popo m'boy, go down there and give him a thorough trashing will you?"

Would've saved Goku (and the whole world) a lot of trouble.

(Answer: But it wouldn't have been a very exciting story arc if that was the case!)

mAcChaos

Post by mAcChaos » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:46 pm

I don't think Popo ever leaves the lookout, and Kami prefers to stay out of human affairs.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

Mr.Piccolo

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:54 pm

mAcChaos wrote:I don't think Popo ever leaves the lookout, and Kami prefers to stay out of human affairs.
That's a pretty selfish thing for a "god" to do.. Kami is the reason that Piccolo exists. If he was so righteous, he'd have Popo kill him so Piccolo would die too.
-Rick
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:57 pm

Mr.Piccolo wrote:
mAcChaos wrote:I don't think Popo ever leaves the lookout, and Kami prefers to stay out of human affairs.
That's a pretty selfish thing for a "god" to do.. Kami is the reason that Piccolo exists. If he was so righteous, he'd have Popo kill him so Piccolo would die too.
-Rick
Well, frankly, I wouldn't throw my life away just so we wouldn't have to deal with someone we could trap inside a rice cooker :P

Domon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Domon » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:32 pm

But he did leave the "lookout" to gather the Dragonballs during the Freeza saga (which we never saw any of, doh... :P).

Mr.Piccolo

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:24 pm

Mr.Popo in the manga (more or less) wrote:Popo finds spaceship. Popo can teach Namekian. Kami will come back? Popo is pleased.
:) Kami also felt the need (or obligation) to fight in the 23rd budokai, right?
-Rick
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:41 pm

Mr.Piccolo wrote:
Mr.Popo in the manga (more or less) wrote:Popo finds spaceship. Popo can teach Namekian. Kami will come back? Popo is pleased.
YeEesssss... Popo is pleased...

[/ot]
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.