Some Questions

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DNA
I Live Here

Some Questions

Post by DNA » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:50 pm

I'm sorry, i've been looking in the site and in most of the topics in the forum, a lot of my questions were answered, and i got to see some interesting discussions too, the site is great but could have some more things, but i already know that is lack of time to do them.
I do encourage the staff to update the transformations guide, I read that Super Saiyan 5 idea and I think it would be nice to put it there, plus the adult Uub and subsquent transformation, Baby, etc, maybe something about the minions, like Zarbon and Rild, wich have transformations as well. Also that Tibdit about Movie 12's and Super #17 saga cameos would be nice.

Well but enough about that, on to the questions:

1 - About General Mettalic (I think that is his name) is it ever stated anywere that he is a Jinzôningen? Because he obviously isn't human and we know Dr. Gero created every artificial humanoid in the Red Ribbon Army. That would make sense.

2 - Is there any proof of existence of a Plan to Irradicate the Saiyans Tankôbon? I could swear I saw something like that when I was a little kid...

3 - Did that so called "3rd DBZ TV Special" had anything new? Storywise? Footage? Or was it just voice art? (For lack of better expression).

Now some theories:

1 - Could Hatchiak be considere a Machine Mutant? I suppose that the machine mutant technology comes from the Tsufurs.

2 - That weird form that both Baby and Dr. Raichi transform into, could it be some kind of intended evolution? Maybe the Tsufurs were intended to evolve into that form, that's what i mean.

And some proposals:

Would it be a good ideia to make a wiki with all the Dragonball universe info? Like Bulbapedia for example (I'm preaty sure there are others).
Plus, I've got translated scans of Neko Majin Mike, if someone wants them PM about them, don't ask me where did I get them because I really don't remmenber.
Would it be possible for someone help me to make a Pré-Dragonball Filler Guide? Let me explain, a guide that tells you were (episode) can you see a filler that has some Pré-Dragonball history. Like King Vegeta's story, the death of the Kaioshins, and such.

And last, here's my take at the multiple timelines created in Cell Saga, hope you guys understand it:

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/8590 ... ineth1.png

I'm sorry for anything I did wrong, hope i didn't made typos or anything incoherent. Sorry if some of the things I posted are not supposed to go in here, but I didn't want to start making lots of topics everywere.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Some Questions

Post by Deus ex Machina » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:19 pm

No need to apologize, that's what we're here for after all. :D I'm sure Mike intends to get around to finishing the transformations some time...when he can actually bring himself to watch GT. Until then, the DBZ stuff will have to do.
DNA wrote:1 - About General Mettalic (I think that is his name) is it ever stated anywere that he is a Jinzôningen? Because he obviously isn't human and we know Dr. Gero created every artificial humanoid in the Red Ribbon Army. That would make sense.
I believe in one manga chapter, Toriyama drew a short run down on the Artificial Humans created by Dr. Gero, and it clearly stated that Mettalic was one of them. Though probably not of his famous numbered series.
2 - Is there any proof of existence of a Plan to Irradicate the Saiyans Tankôbon? I could swear I saw something like that when I was a little kid...
Hm, can't help you there. I don't know that much about those.
3 - Did that so called "3rd DBZ TV Special" had anything new? Storywise? Footage? Or was it just voice art? (For lack of better expression).
Are you talking about the Plan to Irradicate the Saiyans? It was made of completly new animated film, just like any other movie. And well, I think the site's synposis section does a good enough job explaining the new storyline.
1 - Could Hatchiak be considere a Machine Mutant? I suppose that the machine mutant technology comes from the Tsufurs.
Assuming that Dr. Mu's technology was all derived from Baby's knowledge, it's not unreasonable that it was the same technology used by Dr. Raichi. In that case Hatchiak might be considered an early, or prototype machine mutant. But I don't think anyone can say for sure since we know so little about him and his construction.
2 - That weird form that both Baby and Dr. Raichi transform into, could it be some kind of intended evolution? Maybe the Tsufurs were intended to evolve into that form, that's what i mean.
I doubt that; Dr. Raichi and Hatchiak are some kind of artificial life form, I don't think they even claimed they had any biological components, so I doubt evolution had anything to do with it.
Would it be a good ideia to make a wiki with all the Dragonball universe info? Like Bulbapedia for example (I'm preaty sure there are others).
I don't want to touch any Dragonball wikipedia with a ten foot pool. The powers that be over there have decided that the only relevant infomation worth putting in their articles are from Funimation's dub, since Wikipedia has certain rules dealing with products in multiple countries. I wanted to help myself but I'm not putting up with that garbage.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:28 pm

I was refering to something that was posted a while ago, the "Pseudo-OVA" i've seen a couple of times =P I cannot explain more than that...

A friend of mine (really reliable) told me that Jinzôningen #10 was General Mettalic, but he could have misread it.

About wiki, well, if we (fan comunity) were to create something based on the wiki-motor (can i call it that?) then it would be our rules, or am I wrong?
Well that Funimation rule sucks -_- If, for example, there was something like that but with the Portuguese subs, we would be calling the Saiyans as "Space Warriors", that's the name they gave to the Saiyans around here -___-

Another question:
Tao Pai Pai was reconstructed as a cyborg, by whom? He was vinculated to the Red Ribbon Army, could he actually have contacted Dr. Gero and is in fact one of the Jinzôningen? Somewhat farfetched this one... but could be! :P

By the way, your avatar seems awfully interesting, could I have a peek at the full picture? :P

Tyro
Patreon Supporter

Post by Tyro » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:54 pm

Sorry, Sgt. Metalic most likely isn't #10. In the back of DBZ Vol. 15 it states, "#9 - #15: All of them had one problem or another, #13, #14 and #15 were pretty close to the final android form."

I mean, if he was #10, would he be called that like #8 was called "#8"?

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:19 am

Your questions are quite interesting. A few of them regard topics I've never thought about before.

I do believe Hachihyakku could be a Machine Mutant.

(Obligitory Anipedia plug: http://anipedia.wikispaces.com/ )

I've always wondered myself, however, why Baby and Dr. Laichi were so different from other Tsufuru-jin. I know about the whole dumb "Baby was a parasite created from the Tsufuru-jin king's conciousness" thing, but still... that doesn't explain Laichi.

And I too, encourage the updates to the guides and tidbits. But then again, I'm 100% sure that the bosses, like me, have lives.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:58 am

Don't we all? :P But maybe we could help with somethings, they just have to tell us what can we help with :P *hint*hint*

Tyro, well he could be called #10, or not; #8 was also called Hatchan or something to the effect, sometimes; maybe General Mettalic was like a tittle.

That anipedia thing is a little... confusing...

Nobody made any comments about my timeline ;_;
Also nobody wants to help me on the Pré-Dragonball History guide? :(

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:24 pm

2 - I doubt it.

3 - The 'Plan to Irradicate the Saiyans'? It was, well, just read this.

"Proposals"
"Would it be a good ideia to make a wiki with all the Dragonball universe info? Like Bulbapedia for example"
No. It would acyually be a bad idea. While I think it's a great idea to have a centralized website that houses correct and varried information about Dragon Ball, the fact is we already have that. You may have heard of it.
Furthermore, the idea that we should turn our backs on Wikipedia beause the DB pages are terrible (and they are) and there are some editors who are completly ignorant about the WP guidelines, and even more ignorant about Dragon Ball (and they are) - we should instead band together to change that. I, among others, have started a "Dragon Ball Wikipedia Project". We intend to standardize, clean up, and completely change the structure of the DB Wikipedia pages.
Wikipedia is a viable source of information, and (for many) the first place to go for research.

"And last, here's my take at the multiple timelines created in Cell Saga, "

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

The multiple timeline thing is so incredibly complex it shouldn't even be mention. Again. We've been through it before. It's hard. Really really hard. I think we got pretty close, but, still - no, let's not get into it again.

Olivier Hague
I Live Here

Re: Some Questions

Post by Olivier Hague » Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:16 pm

DNA wrote:Is there any proof of existence of a Plan to Irradicate the Saiyans Tankôbon?
There is no such thing.
Did that so called "3rd DBZ TV Special" had anything new?
It's an OVA, not a TV special.

Deus ex Machina wrote:I believe in one manga chapter, Toriyama drew a short run down on the Artificial Humans created by Dr. Gero, and it clearly stated that Mettalic was one of them.
Nope, Metallic isn't mentioned in that run down.

DNA wrote:A friend of mine (really reliable) told me that Jinzôningen #10 was General Mettalic, but he could have misread it.
He probably did, because nowhere does it say that.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:12 pm

Don't we all?
Most likely. I'm sure there's someone without a life.

And if you need help on Anipedia, just ask me.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:56 pm

GOOD GOD! I'm sorry for the caps but you keep misreading me over and over and over again, I already said 3 times that I've seen that Video Game Footage 3 or 4 times already, and I know it's not an OVA neither a TV Special, I'm refearing to something else interely, something that's been discussed in these foruns, please READ MY POST before making assumptions.

And desirecampbell, no I've never heard of Daizex, I'm writing on the foruns due to magic, and remember what I said in the first post about looking on the site for quite sometime? I lied, never heard of it. Furthermore, everything you discribed about the wikipedia project was exactly what i was getting at in the first post, wich I now assume you haven't even read. I like the site, but something are vague, that's why a wiki would be better. Even if you merged Daizex with kanzentai it still wouldn't have some basic information.

About the Timeline theory, if you don't like it, don't see it and don't comment on it, if you do however have something to say about it, I would like to hear, but not a "don't do it" because I'm free to do it, as far as I know, it's not written in the rules that one cannot make a timeline theory.

And Olivier Hague, I've seen some of your posts, I sure am glad you are so sure about everything in life without question.

Just because I've made some questions doesn't mean you have to be total asses about it, if you don't have nothing more to contribute then "no, it's wrong" then don't contribute at all.

Edit: And about the multiple timelines, I don't find it complex at all, just dificult to explain, I think if looked at the right angle it's really quite simple.

Olivier Hague
I Live Here

Post by Olivier Hague » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:37 pm

DNA wrote:I already said 3 times that I've seen that Video Game Footage 3 or 4 times already, and I know it's not an OVA neither a TV Special
It is an OVA.
Olivier Hague, I've seen some of your posts, I sure am glad you are so sure about everything in life without question.
"Everything in life without question"? Who's assuming, now?
if you don't have nothing more to contribute then "no, it's wrong"
That's called an "answer". You're welcome.
Last edited by Olivier Hague on Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:41 pm

DNA wrote:
I already said 3 times that I've seen that Video Game Footage 3 or 4 times already, and I know it's not an OVA neither a TV Special

It is an OVA.
It's a Video Game Footage, there's an intire section on the site stating so.
Quote:
Olivier Hague, I've seen some of your posts, I sure am glad you are so sure about everything in life without question.

"Everything in life without question"? Who's assuming, now?
And you can't recognize sarcasm too.
Quote:
if you don't have nothing more to contribute then "no, it's wrong"

That's called an "answer". You're welcome.
That's called being an ass. You're also welcome

Payne222
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Payne222 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:43 pm

Nice job..."Freezer"? Haha.
「あの地球人のように?・・・クリリンのことか・・・クリリンのことか————っ!!!!!!」

「オレは地球からきさまをたおすためにやってきたサイヤ人・・・おだやかな心をもちながらはげしい怒りによって目覚めた伝説の戦士・・・超サイヤ人孫悟空だ!!!!!」

Olivier Hague
I Live Here

Post by Olivier Hague » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:44 pm

DNA wrote:It's a Video Game Footage, there's an intire section on the site stating so.
Maybe you should read that section again. Do you really think that footage comes from a Famicom game?
That's called being an ass.
You were wrong, so that was an answer. That's all.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:52 pm

It still can't really be considered an OVA.

And you still are an ass. That's all.

Now on to other things, there are some Daizenshuu with pages about character evolution, or characters of the same race, etc, stuff like that. I believe it was Chibi Mystic Gohan that had some of those scans, does anyone have them and is willing to share? =D I unfortunatly don't have access to the Daizenshuu.

Olivier Hague
I Live Here

Post by Olivier Hague » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:55 pm

DNA wrote:It still can't really be considered an OVA.
Why not? Please elaborate.
They were produced for the video market, and the Tôei official homepage lists them as "OVA".

Victator Supreme
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Victator Supreme » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:00 pm

Most likely. I'm sure there's someone without a life.
Dead people.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:02 pm

I'm more then done talking to you. But anyway, if you know that, you know about the 3rd tv special listed on the airing dates list. Or at least you should, seeing how you have such a oh-so-vast knowledge about everything dbz related.

*Sigh* Guess I was wrong, there really are some people that don't have real lives.

Still nobody said anything about pré dbz history guide, it seems nobody is really that interested ;_;

And nobody wants the Neko Majin Mike manga? It's really no assle.

In an ending note, nobody discussed the theory about Cyborg Tao Pai Pai :P

Olivier Hague
I Live Here

Post by Olivier Hague » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:18 pm

DNA wrote:I'm more then done talking to you.
So you're not going to elaborate at all? No arguments? You're right, I'm wrong, and that's it?
Who's being an ass, here?
if you know that, you know about the 3rd tv special listed on the airing dates list.
There is no third "Dragon Ball Z" TV special.
You might be thinking of "Zenbu Misemasu Toshiwasure Dragon Ball Z!", but it's not listed as a "TV Special" in the "Dragon Ball Z Son Gokû Densetsu" list.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:26 pm

There is a saying around here were I live that goes like "You stay with your idea, I stay with mine." I think no further discussion is needed beyond this point.

Well, maybe that's it, it would have been easier if you flat out said it, it sure would have avoided lots of discussion. Anyway, I never stated that you were wrong and I was wright, I personally tought it was an OVA, but after reading the section made me change my view on it, plus just about anyone who calls it an OVA in this forum get's bashed, seems the same goes if I don't call it an OVA, it seems the best is for now on i'll just refer to it as "it".

If you are saying is what I was thinking then what is it exactly? That was my question in the first place.

This of course does not change the fact that you are an ass and a very, very rude person.