Toyble DBAF [June 9, 2012] Vol 4 HD release complete

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:14 am

You know, it seems like all Gohan has said for the past few dozen pages or so is simply "Kaioshin-sama" over and over again.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:03 pm

夏コミ当選しました。

2009年8月14日
東地区 “ピ”ブロック 30b

です。

…で。そこで出す予定だった3巻がはっきり言って間に合いません。
かと言って新刊を出さないわけにもいかないので、
DBAFとは違う、別の何かを作ろうと思っています。

正直それも間に合うか分かりませんが、
とりあえずコミケまではそちらの製作にシフトしますので、
来月1日の更新はお休みさせてください。

なんだか本末転倒な話ですが、
当選してしまった以上、新刊を出さないのはいろいろとマズイみたいなので。

ご理解いただければと思います。

詳細は追ってご報告いたします。
Translation? It looks like it might be news on his next printed release...
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

Herms

Post by Herms » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:01 am

Huh, totally missed your post, sorry. It's bad news, I'm afraid.

Toyble says that Comiket, a big doujinshi-selling convention, will be held on August 14th. Toyble had planned to have volume 3 ready for it, but it’s not going to be finished in time. So instead, Toyble is planning on making something else, though even that might not be ready in time. At any rate, until Comiket Toyble is going to be focusing on this new project, meaning that the July 1st update will be pushed back a month. Toyble is sorry about the whole thing, but since he’s been selected for this Comiket, it’s really important that he have some new work to unveil there, and he hopes everyone understands. More details to follow.

(On a personal note, I’m really rather irked that due to my schedule in going back and forth between Japan and America, I missed the last Comiket and will miss this one as well)

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:20 pm

Ah, crap. I was hoping we'd bust out of this devious cliffhanger soon (i.e. this month) but I guess he's really gotta hit the petal to the metal...
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:18 pm

I had a dream about few new pages of DBAF! It was updated on July 1st. As everyone sensed the explosion by Kaioshin, I saw West kaioshin take out sword and cut Majin Boo (apparently Kaioshin was changed into Boo) into half. Then it went change back to Kid Boo! I was shocked, even I was shocked in dream! The explosion didn't went boom! Kinda strange, huh?
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:29 am

放置しっぱなしでスイマセン。

やばいっす。間に合わないっ。
すべてが崩壊ぎみっす。

中途半端な形でコミケ発売になるかも…

ってか、なります (⌒_⌒;

で、実は今、作っているのが
ラディッツを主人公にした話なんですけど、
そこに出てくるサイヤ人の名前が思いつかないっ!!

そ・こ・で

格好いいサイヤ人の名前大募集です!!
みなさんアイディア下さい…。

5,6人分必要だったりします…。
Herms, translaaaaaaaaaaaate!! Please!!

Still no new pages. :cry:
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

Herms

Post by Herms » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:28 pm

Toyble apologizes for neglecting the site. He says that, as he feared, his new work won’t be ready in time for Comike, but maybe he’ll try selling the incomplete version there. At any rate, his current project is a story starring Raditz. But Toyble is having some trouble coming up with names for the various Saiyans who will appear in it, so he’s asking for suggestions. He needs names for about 5 or 6 characters.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:21 pm

He's updated with a new picture for an OC and some text...

Herms

Post by Herms » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:30 am

Following up on the last post, Toyble thanks everyone for their help and says that he's settled upon the name of one of his Saiyan characters, and so he's posted up a picture of this character. His name is Riselo, a pun on celery (so I suppose it should really be "Rycelo" or something; either way, anyone else think celery-boy's head is way too big?).

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:34 pm

Herms wrote:Following up on the last post, Toyble thanks everyone for their help and says that he's settled upon the name of one of his Saiyan characters, and so he's posted up a picture of this character. His name is Riselo, a pun on celery (so I suppose it should really be "Rycelo" or something; either way, anyone else think celery-boy's head is way too big?).
At first I thought it was a "chibi" character drawing but now that I know it's not, his head does seem kinda big for his body. Even though a lot DBZ'ish characters have large heads this seems a little off.

Is he thinking about adding this character to his fancomic? Or was it "I just felt like drawing something today" sketch?

finnishjuoppo
Beyond Newbie

Post by finnishjuoppo » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:40 pm

Scarz wrote:
Herms wrote:Following up on the last post, Toyble thanks everyone for their help and says that he's settled upon the name of one of his Saiyan characters, and so he's posted up a picture of this character. His name is Riselo, a pun on celery (so I suppose it should really be "Rycelo" or something; either way, anyone else think celery-boy's head is way too big?).
At first I thought it was a "chibi" character drawing but now that I know it's not, his head does seem kinda big for his body. Even though a lot DBZ'ish characters have large heads this seems a little off.

Is he thinking about adding this character to his fancomic? Or was it "I just felt like drawing something today" sketch?
I hope that he is not going to put it to his comic, I mean, we don't need any other fan made saiyans, we have seen that Broly MAY come back, that is, in my opinion enough saiyans in this fight, until Goku shows up with Pikkon? We need Uub and some minor villians that can be beaten by Goten, Trunks and human fighters (I can see it in my mind, in the middle of a fight Krillin shouts:"Oh my back!") well maybe Yamcha,Tien,Krillin and Chiatzou team up against some minor villian and kick his/her ass?
-"this is madness"
-"madness? no.. this..is.. dragonball!"

Saiyan-Professor
I Live Here

Post by Saiyan-Professor » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:17 am

Can someone please post links, I hate going pages back to find one and then get lost because I do not know Japanese.
The Saiyans are very much like the Klingons and Jem'Hadar.

Herms

Post by Herms » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:03 am

Scarz wrote:Is he thinking about adding this character to his fancomic? Or was it "I just felt like drawing something today" sketch?
It's a Saiyan character from the new fan comic that he's working on, which stars Raditz. He's going to try to have this new work done by Comiket this August so that he can sell it there.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:11 pm

Saiyan-Professor wrote:Can someone please post links, I hate going pages back to find one and then get lost because I do not know Japanese.
What are you looking for?

Saiyan-Professor
I Live Here

Post by Saiyan-Professor » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:53 pm

desirecampbell wrote:
Saiyan-Professor wrote:Can someone please post links, I hate going pages back to find one and then get lost because I do not know Japanese.
The images from the new project that Toyble is creating.
The Saiyans are very much like the Klingons and Jem'Hadar.

SSJ Helldog
Regular

Post by SSJ Helldog » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:05 pm

Saiyan-Professor wrote:
desirecampbell wrote:

Everything's at http://blog.livedoor.jp/toyble/

Can't miss it.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:02 am

Saiyan-Professor wrote:
desirecampbell wrote:
The only one he's shown so far is this one.

Herms

Post by Herms » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:14 am

Heh, looking through the comments, it seems I'm not the only one to think that Rycelo's head is too big (though someone counters that his head isn't the problem, it's that his body is simply too small). Somebody also pointed out that his face looks a lot like Knock, the punk that Vegeta fought at the 25th Tenkaichi Budoukai.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:42 am

Herms wrote:Heh, looking through the comments, it seems I'm not the only one to think that Rycelo's head is too big (though someone counters that his head isn't the problem, it's that his body is simply too small). Somebody also pointed out that his face looks a lot like Knock, the punk that Vegeta fought at the 25th Tenkaichi Budoukai.
My though exactly the same. Except his hair is black, like all Saiyans.

Edit: I wonder if Toyble sells his DBAF. Would'nt this be illegal since DB franchise is under by Toriyama's name?
Last edited by DragonBalllKaiHD on Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:53 am

http://blog.livedoor.jp/toyble/

Looks like Toyble's uploaded some new stuff, although not ABAF. :(
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️