Episode #0239 (14 November 2010)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0239 (14 November 2010)

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:24 pm

Episode #0239 (download MP3) (rss feed)
125:28; 96 kbps, mono; 86.1 MB

Episode #0239! VegettoEX and Meri discuss the latest news before diving in to an extravaganza of video game topics. Jake and Lance join in to talk about long-forgotten characters that were originally created for DragonBall videos games (and what the likelihood is that we will see them again in the future). Later on, Dustin joins in to talk about "Raging Blast 2", the most recent game from Spike and Namco-Bandai. The first game was such a universal disappointment, so did the developers step up their game and deliver a quality product? Releases, e-mails, and general fun all round out the episode! Referenced sites:
Here's the UK cosplay group photo from the other Jake mentioned this episode:

w0rd.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Episode #0239 (14 November 2010)

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:27 pm

Woah, woah, woah. Gaff's name is Lance? My God. I had him pegged for John.

Thank goodness this is up now. I've been dying for some stress relief.

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:28 am

Just knowing what happened before you could record makes this episode oh-so worth it... Dare I say, priceless.

Anyway, Mike... just curious... why do I never get a "Hujio @ Kanzentai" in the links? I'm just messin' with ya, but seriously...

Oh, and Lance, it's nice to see you could finally make it! :P

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:22 am

Hmm, I'm curious to see what this "Soba" from Saga's looks like.

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:15 am

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:Hmm, I'm curious to see what this "Soba" from Saga's looks like.
Our good buddies at the Dragon Ball Wiki have a picture of him.

While we're on the topic, Nostal over on DeviantArt did his research to find what Ozotto's bottom half looks like. He says he found a black and white scan of an instruction manual that had it. If anyone's curious about the body of our favorite super monster, check it out.

Fun discussion overall. I'll be crossing my fingers as always for our beloved Yamhan/Tiencha to show up in future games!!!

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:01 pm

There was another video game character-only and it's from Advanced Adventure.

He's one of Piccolo's minions and looks like a duck-billed gargoyle. Unfortunately he is not named.

EDIT: Here's a sprite sheet for him. They call him Ukelele, but I'm not sure if it's his official name or made-up by the site.

EDIT #2: So his name is Ukelele as pointed by Herms.

Also you have from the same game the wingless Tambourine character called Maracaa.

Again, I'm not sure if his name is official or not.
Last edited by SHINOBI-03 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:03 pm

Oh, there are PLENTY of other characters -- we had a list several times larger than just the seven we talked about. Those were the seven that we decided were the most interesting to talk about right now, though :).

Definitely worth a follow-up show in the future.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:26 pm

SHINOBI-03 wrote:There was another video game character only and it's from Advanced Adventure.

He's one of Piccolo's minions and looks like a duck-billed gargoyle. Unfortunately he is not named.
That guy actually originated in Daimaou Fukkatsu, where's he named "Ukulele".

Anyway, now that this podcast is out, everyone can learn the truth about how I can't properly pronounce any word more complicated than "hat". Horaay!

Ahiru77
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ahiru77 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:08 pm

GAH, Epic group cosplay !!! :D

Man I was so curious to see the characters you guys were talking about. Thanks for the pics...*gleeful*

After many negativity from reviewers about RB2, you guys actually make it sound worth buying. When you were talking about the screenshots you unlock...I was like ""MUST.SEE.NOW."...and I never thought the real feeling of accomplishment would be there anymore.

Happy anniversary!!! :mrgreen:

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:59 pm

Gah. Mike, that battle ball team was during the Imperfect Cell filler. Cell's inner-monologue-ing in the middle of the road, stopping their bus. They pick a fight, so he eats them.

Still wanting that episode covering Norio Wakamoto's performance in Dragon Ball Kai. :p

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:12 pm

I knew I was wrong. I don't care. I say what I want to say!

Turtle Marked Stone
Regular

Post by Turtle Marked Stone » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:31 pm

I'm really glad I can rely on this podcast not to bring on stuttering socially retarded people with barely audible microphones. You must do some sort of screening process in order to ensure the guests are as smooth,fluid and good sounding as the main gang. Thank you so much. I can't tell you how many episodes of other podcasts I had to skip because of the guests "commentary".

In other news Mr.Gotan is the best what-if fusion and should have been mentioned. His Trickbeam was awesome and you know it!

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:33 pm

Turtle Marked Stone wrote:I'm really glad I can rely on this podcast not to bring on stuttering socially retard people with barely audible microphones. You must do some sort of screening process in order to ensure the guests are as smooth and fluid and good sounding as the main gang. Thank you so much. I can't tell you how many episodes of other podcasts I had to skip because of the guests "commentary".
It's just that DB has the best fucking fans in the world who are awesome.

(Also, yes, I have quality standards. ^_~)

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:20 am

Turtle Marked Stone wrote:I'm really glad I can rely on this podcast not to bring on stuttering socially retarded people with barely audible microphones. You must do some sort of screening process in order to ensure the guests are as smooth,fluid and good sounding as the main gang. Thank you so much. I can't tell you how many episodes of other podcasts I had to skip because of the guests "commentary".
Phew. I am so glad to hear that. I haven't gotten around to listening to this episode yet, but I had been quite worried I was going to find this thread full of comments like, "He didn't contribute anything! Why did you bring him on?!" or that I'd end up saying something that would seriously offend Mike or Jake, and they'd kick me off mid-topic! :P

RE: YBM: Nope. Can't say I've ever been a John... Wait. That didn't sound quite right. But regardless, it's true.

RE: Hujio: Thanks! I knew I'd be in serious trouble if I accidentally stood you guys up twice, so I firmly decided... to not do that. But maybe it was ultimately for the best. I'm sure you and Mike didn't want me to interrupt your whole "bromance to the max" thing. :wink:

So, yes, once again, thank you guys for having me on. I had such a blast!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:37 am

You contributed, though! Witty remarks are always a contribution!!

Completely forgot to mention this...but welcome back, Jake! I was really missing hearing my Herms-esque posts read aloud! I hope we get a three hour podcast episode with Jake explaining his newest "Toriyama's Intended Endings" guide.

Turtle Marked Stone
Regular

Post by Turtle Marked Stone » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:00 am

Gaffer Tape wrote:
Phew. I am so glad to hear that. I haven't gotten around to listening to this episode yet, but I had been quite worried I was going to find this thread full of comments like, "He didn't contribute anything! Why did you bring him on?!" or that I'd end up saying something that would seriously offend Mike or Jake, and they'd kick me off mid-topic! :P
Haha, how would that even transpire? "Mentioning of Ozotto, I really hate black people Mike!"

You're one of my favorite posters on the site so I was excited to hear what you had to say. You were pretty funny, I wouldn't mind you coming back over and over at all.

(Daizex circlejerkin'...the best sort!)

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:51 am

VegettoEX wrote:
Turtle Marked Stone wrote:I'm really glad I can rely on this podcast not to bring on stuttering socially retard people with barely audible microphones. You must do some sort of screening process in order to ensure the guests are as smooth and fluid and good sounding as the main gang. Thank you so much. I can't tell you how many episodes of other podcasts I had to skip because of the guests "commentary".
It's just that DB has the best fucking fans in the world who are awesome.
(Also, yes, I have quality standards. ^_~)
Which explains why I haven't been on the podcast in years. :cry:

:P

ShadowDude112
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by ShadowDude112 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:31 pm

You record on Skype, right? GAFFER TAPE! YOU LIAR! Just kidding, I love you.

OT: Nice Episode. I liked learning about old video game villains that could totally be in a special.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:43 pm

ShadowDude112 wrote:You record on Skype, right? GAFFER TAPE! YOU LIAR! Just kidding, I love you.
Huh, what? I'm afraid I'm missing the joke here. :oops:

ShadowDude112
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by ShadowDude112 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:19 pm

Gaffer Tape wrote:
ShadowDude112 wrote:You record on Skype, right? GAFFER TAPE! YOU LIAR! Just kidding, I love you.
Huh, what? I'm afraid I'm missing the joke here. :oops:
I just checked the message. I actually told you to give me an update when you got Skype but I thought you told me you were going to do that when I made that post. I guess the joke's on me. My bad.