Episode #0025 (07 May 2006)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0025 (07 May 2006)

Post by VegettoEX » Sun May 07, 2006 9:30 pm

Episode #0025 (download MP3)
61:17; 64 kbps, mono; 28.0 MB

Episode #0025! VegettoEX, Julian, and Meri discuss some of the most interesting, most efficient, and downright laughable technology in the Dragon World! Planes, capsules, spaceships, and... time machines? Our DBZ ABCs, Top 5 List, emails, and contest round out the episode! Referenced sites: Whee! Go ahead and grab it. Big thanks to godofchaos for hosting the monumental *twenty-five* episodes, now.

That's right, contest this episode! We're giving away a free DVD (Mystical Adventure), semi-thanks to Tanooki Kuribo once more :D. Be sure to listen carefully!

Definitely another fun episode, this week. We're full of crazy references (and samples!), random bouts of music, a little bit of physical abuse... just a fun episode :P.

w0rd.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Sun May 07, 2006 10:35 pm

Yay, finally! I've been waiting all day! :D (Sorry if this seems really spammy. I swear I'll post my reaction later. It's just I have no life, and the only Dragonball Z related thing coming out today would be your podcast. Hopefully me being a kid makes that less sad. :lol: )

Wow, that was a really hyper episode with a lot of different voices. Go Julian's sexy poor British accent. :D (There was also a lot of voice cracking in this episode. :lol: ) Oh yes, and Mike, your Muten Roshi voice was halarius. I remember there were a couple of times throughout the podcast where I had to rewind because I was too busy laughing and missed things.

My email wasn't read, but then again, I asked a sucky question. Hopefully the question I sent this week will be podcast worthy. :D Like I said, I really liked The Lecherous Muten Roshi's question's reading. :lol:

Also, very odd: at the end of the podcast, with you saying,

"I have to record the voice for the opening."
"Still?"
"Yeah."

I could have sworn you also said something like, "I'm having anxiety about it." "Do you know how it'll go?" "Yeah, something like..."
However, it's not on my file each time I check it, and that kind of creeps me out. :shock: Is this part on anyone else's file? :shock: If so, who was that talking with Mike? I thought it must be Julian, but it sounds different. :(

Oh yes, and Jrinu reminded me! Julian says "Oh dear" an awful lot, and it's completely adorible, but is this from Julian going to Japan, or did he do that before the trip? (You know, I think Bulma's mom said "Oh dear" in Dragonball in the Japanese. A connection? No? Aw, well... :D )

Oh yeah, again, this time Cheshire reminded me (kinda). I liked how you had the clips in there, like the comedian and the Sealab 2021. (Holy crap! :lol: )

Oh, I'd like to comment that I have no comment on Julian singing and you slapping him or whatever you were doing to make it sound like that. However, poor Julian, he had to at least sing. Now I want to hug him or a plushie of him, but alack, I've neither of those in reach. :(
Last edited by veshira on Mon May 08, 2006 12:26 am, edited 5 times in total.
What's scarier than a DBZ H-game?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLuBVyPsL5g]Fear the dancing![/url]

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun May 07, 2006 10:46 pm

Well, I'm typing this while I'm listening to the podcast and it's pretty rockin' thus far. I'll post this once I play through the entire ep. so I can get all of my thoughts together in one long-unicorn post:

Hmm... yes, I think Meri's kinda being overly analytical about the DON lettering (Naruto's "N" is completely different, and One Piece's "O" has Luffy's skull symbol in the "O"). Wow, who's analytical now?

... ah, the Mr. Satan in the tank can be seen on one page in b/w in the Viz edition (DBZ Vol. 25).

... Yay! The return of "UNICORN!!" Keep it up! ... and YAY, more ZStore jokes! ... Robot Chickens... how much the show creeps me out...

... I must admit, I was kinda weirded out when I first saw the fax machine on the airplane :?...

... Yeah, I always kinda wondered why nobody's eye wasn't poked out from a "rogue scouter"... :lol: some random Frieza henchguy writhing on the floor from sensing Vegeta powering up...

Okay, what's up with the sound clips from other stuff? This is kinda frustrating since I dunno what shows you got them from :x

... :?: ... EX abusing his cast members :?: unicorn-ing messed up, man

... Ah, curse GT for wasting everyone's potential :x

... what's up with Julian changing his voice at random times? Is he trying to disguise his voice to hide from someone :?...

eeewwwwww..... Roshi voice (creepy). Even more creepy... EX calling himself a mix-master that eats e-mails...

Okay, seriously, what up with Julian this episode? He seems more... perky than usual. In previous episodes, he's just kinda... there most of the times. Is this because he's so psyched up about being back in America?

Hehehe, EX, you should take a pic of Meri hiding under a blanket if you're ever gonna put up actual pictures of the cast in the podcast section of the site.

Aaand as my last comments: kinda weird that you did that whole different opening thing at the start of the podcast as well as the end of the podcast... ugh, just more stuff courtesy of daizEX to creep me out.... and, yeah, I agree with veshira that this is pretty much the only thing that DBZ fans can look forward to nowadays without spending extravagant amounts of money...
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Brad Redfield
Regular

Post by Brad Redfield » Sun May 07, 2006 10:51 pm

Very funny episode! And yes, the Back to the Future trilogy does rock. :D

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sun May 07, 2006 10:56 pm

I think the contest should be based on dancing talent. :D

And I have the answer to how capsules work.

_Jrinu_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by _Jrinu_ » Sun May 07, 2006 10:58 pm

Great episode as ususal

including jokes, unicorns, and of course julian's trademark catchphrase "oh dear"

Also I couldn't help but notice a mistake in date announcement on VegettoEX's part, you said that the entrys were due on April 12th, but that was last month...
There is no better combination in the world than Dragonball, Cherry Pepsi, and Cheez-Its. It's a proven fact.
The Super Saiya-jin Bobba Fetts: Gym Class Badminton Champions 2006!!
Wii Friend Code: 1134 6268 9135 3724/ Xbox live gamertag: Jrinu
Jump Ultimate Stars Code: 2534 9452 9303

MisterFlashdude
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisterFlashdude » Sun May 07, 2006 11:01 pm

Awesome, you guys read my e-mail! And yes, VegettoEX was very nice to help me sign up on forum! Thanks to Meri for adding personality to my long-winded e-mail! And... sorry, I'll try to keep the next e-mail shorter.

Anyways, now I actually have something to say about the episode! Random sound clips, including Dane Cook? Shows editing effort on your part to help everyone understand what jokes your trying to get across! Pass!
Random Pokemon reference? Always amusing. Uncontrollable laughing fit? Fascinating glimpse into the hosts personalitys! Julians random accents? ...somewhat scary. S&M between VegettoEX and Julian? Disturbingly hilarious.

I also got the impression that D. O. and N. resembled the logo's of their respective franchises. Don't worry, Meri, you're just observant.

Overall, another brilliant episode! Good job, guys and girl!
Last edited by MisterFlashdude on Mon May 08, 2006 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Mole
Beyond Newbie

Post by The Mole » Sun May 07, 2006 11:20 pm

That was a funny episode. I was laughing my butt off the whole time. And I am recording an audio e-mail after I type this.

And what the hell was that at the end of the podcast?
Even I became a loser when I made one of these...
http://www.myspace.com/randomvideosw00t

kvon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kvon » Mon May 08, 2006 12:00 am

VegettoEX, were you really slapping Julian when he refused to sing? Or were making slapping sounds with other things? Because if you were slapping him for real, that's got to hurt :shock:

Great job. Funniest up to date.
kvon is an alternative name to Kevin

Cheshire

DaizEX brings the funny!

Post by Cheshire » Mon May 08, 2006 12:01 am

I'd have to say that this is probably the most laugh outloud funny episode of the podcast yet, with the possible exception #4, with Scott. I'm really liking the Dragonball ABC's.

It's not discussed much, but one of my favorite parts of the podcast is the music played for each of the segments. I'm not sure why, but they fill me with glee everytime I hear them.

Great Saiyaman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Great Saiyaman » Mon May 08, 2006 12:58 am

I gotta say.....I disagree with you guys on GT Trunks...not for the fact that he had wasted potensial, but just your opinions on the guy. I don't know why you called Trunks a jerk, he's simply a guy who has a great job..in which he hates, yet Trunks is acctually very silly throughout the Black Star DB Saga.....I mean skipping out on work, getting dragged around by Vegeta....he's a very snappy dresser....& he does do some fighting early on...not to mention in the Shadow Dragons....when Vegeta goes to fight Omega after Goku is supposedly dead, Trunks is the first to turn back and go off & has a cool moment when he saves Vegeta. But it did seem like Toriyama was trying to make 18 year old Trunks more like Future Trunks & GT simply dropped that...but hell even 18 year old Trunks was a slacker, which Future is not.

Also, something that I thought of while listening, about Kami, they acctually made a joke about that whole praying to god thing.....during the 25'th Budokai.

Krillin: Please god, don't let me get Goku or Vegeta.

Piccolo: God is Dende, you know?
[b]Vegito:[/b] What do you call a Goku & a Vegeta? Gogeta sounds nice.
[b]Toriyama:[/b] *wak*

[i]"I wanna go to Filler Hell when I die."-Me[/i]

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Mon May 08, 2006 1:58 am

I may be way off here, but that ending of the Podcast , where Mike is talking to somebody about writing the begnning segment Podcast (Rebellion), could it just possibly be some indication towards Death Note. I mean think about it (for those of you whom have read the manga), it could be some clever joke put up by Mike.. I dunno I may be just overanalyzing things here. Anyway, greater than usual podcast, due to all the humor and all.
Last edited by Sebastian (SB) on Mon May 08, 2006 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silent_Rage

Post by Silent_Rage » Mon May 08, 2006 1:59 am

Hmmm.... I'm gonna be honest. You guys got a little out of hand and it kinda ruined the episode for me. This show went from a good balance of being funny and educational, to sounding like three people in their 20's laughing like crazy and speaking about non-sence throughout a lot of the episode. I think you guys got a little too comfortable with what you're doing and forgot or maybe didn't even realise that you had this perfect balance. Maybe next time you guys could cool down a bit? The second half was better than the first. I hope it get's better next week, because I really enjoy your show and I've never missed an episode. I also hope that you don't loose and listeners over this episode.

Hope that little bit of constructive criticism helps. :)

Anyway, I think the reason that the blown up scouters don't hurt anybody is because the explosion is too weak. Possibly 1000x weaker than the energy blasts that they shoot at each other. How could a little peice of glass possibly stab somebody's eye when the have a power level so high?

By the way, what was that thing at the end where you are talking about adding the spoken word intro to the podcast? WTF?

JAKEMAN
Beyond Newbie

Post by JAKEMAN » Mon May 08, 2006 11:51 am

A little comment about you saying people being inside the capsules, weren't Tienshinhan, Master Roshi and Chiaotzu put into capsules when they were killed by Piccolo in Dragonball?

Great Podcast

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Mon May 08, 2006 11:56 am

JAKEMAN wrote:A little comment about you saying people being inside the capsules, weren't Tienshinhan, Master Roshi and Chiaotzu put into capsules when they were killed by Piccolo in Dragonball?

Great Podcast
In the anime. It wasn't shown if they were in the manga.
Last edited by Super Sonic on Mon May 08, 2006 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon May 08, 2006 12:02 pm

Fun podcast as always.
I got one question, though:
44:58 -What's does EX say that makes Merri laugh? I don't hear or understand it.

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Mon May 08, 2006 1:19 pm

Man, the podcast is starting to feel like a proper show now! Erm... What the hell was that at the end of the show? :? If it's some sort of reference, I... I don't get it. It spooked me out, though. Could somebody fill me in?

One more thing: What the hell did you do to Julian?! IS HE OKAY? :shock:
XBL: CallyMan90 | YouTube | DeviantART

~ LAST SURVIVING MEMBER OF ROOM 29 ~

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Mon May 08, 2006 1:28 pm

Steven Perry wrote:Man, the podcast is starting to feel like a proper show now! Erm... What the hell was that at the end of the show? :? If it's some sort of reference, I... I don't get it. It spooked me out, though. Could somebody fill me in?

One more thing: What the hell did you do to Julian?! IS HE OKAY? :shock:
I'm assuming if anyone hasn't read Death Note, they wouldn't get it, though I could be wrong. Inside joke, I suppose. I could imagine Ryuku or Ryuk talking to Mike, at least this how I perceived it.

Mystic Kami

Post by Mystic Kami » Mon May 08, 2006 3:20 pm

That Dane Cook is a silly bitch.

kinoko
Beyond Newbie

Post by kinoko » Mon May 08, 2006 3:20 pm

JAKEMAN wrote:
A little comment about you saying people being inside the capsules, weren't Tienshinhan, Master Roshi and Chiaotzu put into capsules when they were killed by Piccolo in Dragonball?

Great Podcast

In the anime. It wasn't shown if they were in the manga.

Mm, in Dragon Ball? Tenshinhan wasn't one of those killed by Piccolo in Dragon Ball. The bodies of Kuririn, Kamesennin, and Chaozu (and Bora?) are shown in the capules in volume 14 of the manga.

This Ep of the Podcast made me smile for so many reasons. ^_^
The Resident Tenshinhan Fangirl.