Episode #0031 (18 June 2006)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0031 (18 June 2006)

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:22 pm

Episode #0031 (download MP3)
40:01; 64 kbps, mono; 18.3 MB

Episode #0031! VegettoEX, Julian, and Meri record live from AnimeNEXT 2006! We brought on about a dozen of our closest internet friends to record a special episode with us from the convention. We have all our regular segments (news, releases, DBZ ABCs), plus a bit of fun going over and singing favorite songs, random bouts of fandom, questions and answers, and so much more. Referenced sites: Whee! Go ahead and grab it. Big thanks to godofchaos for hosting the monumental *thirty-one* episodes, now.

While the audio may be all over the place during the episode, we certainly had a blast. Doing a live episode is definitely different than doing one on our own, and it was certainly different to edit :P. We had so much fun with everyone, and I thank you all for being so great to do a show with.

w0rd.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kay
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kay » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:26 pm

Hmph. Didn't expect the episode would be that long. I'll edit this post after I've listened to it.

EDIT:

Pretty enjoyable and funny, especially when Mike did that music imitation. :lol: If only I was there... Didn't really expect this episode to be this short.
Last edited by Kay on Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:37 pm

Yea, so... I mispronounce my own name. Why? Well because I always say it totally different then the way its ment to be said and no one is there to correct me. That and all my friends say it wrong so Iam so used to hearing it like that. Like a dub name and how you come to say the dub name in favor of the Japanese one, like Krillin. (Well, maybe some people).

It was really cool seeing it live, It was awsome meeting all of you. I actually got a chance to chat a little with Julian cause he was standing in front of me on the line to see the Masquerade.

Great podcast. As usuall. :wink:

_Jrinu_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by _Jrinu_ » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:47 pm

Great podcast as always guys!

I only wish I could have been there :( Perhaps next year! 8)

I enjoyed it to it's fullest nontheless!

Viva la Podcast!!
Last edited by _Jrinu_ on Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no better combination in the world than Dragonball, Cherry Pepsi, and Cheez-Its. It's a proven fact.
The Super Saiya-jin Bobba Fetts: Gym Class Badminton Champions 2006!!
Wii Friend Code: 1134 6268 9135 3724/ Xbox live gamertag: Jrinu
Jump Ultimate Stars Code: 2534 9452 9303

Saiyan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiyan » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:07 pm

Well, one thing I gotta say is...good editing! :D

I sound like a retard. YEAH!!

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:10 pm

This'll be a good pick-me-up after a terrible defeat.

Damn you Carolina!

kinoko
Beyond Newbie

Post by kinoko » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:19 pm

Whoo-hoo! Okay..so I haven't listened to it yet (been too preoccupied with YouTube for the past two hours... ><)

What fun! Whee!

+is scared to listen to self..+
The Resident Tenshinhan Fangirl.

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:44 pm

Aw man, if I actually went, I would've been the guy who came furthest away! I sure hope this'll be some kind of annual thing (having a live podcast, that is). Julian sounds different live; I didn't know who was talking until he said "Oh dear."

Anyways, hilarious podcast, and I love the Top 5 (my favorite's Blue Velvet). I was surprised at how many people actually liked the dub BGM. I was laughing on the inside when Meri pulled the Cell Theme from out of nowhere!
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:16 am

HOLY (UNICORNS)!! :shock: WTF happened to my voice?!......I guess that's what happens when you don't hear yourself over a microphone...weird.

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:22 am

Sebastian (SB) wrote:HOLY (UNICORNS)!! :shock: WTF happened to my voice?!......I guess that's what happens when you don't hear yourself over a microphone...weird.
Well, I think it happens to everyone. I'm sure that there's some kind of scientific explanation, but I'm gonna say that it's because you're hearing yourself from your ears and not everyone else's.

Anyways, I'm re-listening to it again and noticed that once again, there's no mentioning of unicorns at all! Eh, nevertheless, you guys rock (the dragon)!
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:29 am

I can't believed no one picked my favourite music! I rule you all, listen to this:

. . .

Haha! Silence! I'm funny!

Sorry guys, I'm just depressed I didn't go. I swear I'll be there next year. You won't escape... my wrath!

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:30 am

desirecampbell wrote:I can't believed no one picked my favourite music! I rule you all, listen to this:

. . .

Sorry guys, I'm just depressed I didn't go. I swear I'll be there next year. You won't escape... my wrath!
Actually, that's my second favorite.

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:36 am

(Sorry, I keep thinking of new stuff to comment on!)

That whole Lunch mini discucssion was hilarious! Was it Julian that did her dub evil voice?

I realized that about 20 minutes was cut from the podcast. Is there anything that was cut that any of you guys that were present there could mention?

Katalyst

Post by Katalyst » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:32 am

One of my favorite podcasts. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun making it.

kinoko
Beyond Newbie

Post by kinoko » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:28 am

desirecampbell wrote:I can't believed no one picked my favourite music! I rule you all, listen to this:

. . .

Man, the dub doesn't appreciate *silence* There just has to be music (and dialogue) 100% of the time... Suspense? -_- no...
The Resident Tenshinhan Fangirl.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:54 am

I had no idea that the guy who did Yamcha, also did Tuxedo Mask and Amuro. (Pictures dub actors doing each others' voices). Wouldn't work that way. Still surprising.

DBZ MAN
Regular

Post by DBZ MAN » Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:37 pm

Sweet podcast, whish I were there.

btw sorry if I'm asking something obvious or not but will D.O.M be avaliable to get in Europe at all?
http://dbz-man.deviantart.com/

future_trunks
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Can't download

Post by future_trunks » Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:07 pm

I can't download the podcast. Anyone know whats going on
Cuz you're an ocean, you're an ocean, settle down settle down what's the commotion?

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Re: Can't download

Post by The Tori-bot » Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:26 pm

future_trunks wrote:I can't download the podcast. Anyone know whats going on
*sighs*

If you clicked the link here on the forum, it might not have worked. It happened with me too. Then I tried downloading it from the site, and everything was hunky-dory. 8)

Also, you might want to try and clean up the grammar a tiny little bit. Or else VegerotEX will be sent by Mike to haunt you in your dreams. :twisted:

BTW, welcome to the boards! :D
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Great Saiyaman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Great Saiyaman » Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:31 pm

Ah great Podcast, wish I coulda been there, infact I was at Anime Next, just not at the recording time.

Oh, btw, I was the one who made the Filler Hell comment.
[b]Vegito:[/b] What do you call a Goku & a Vegeta? Gogeta sounds nice.
[b]Toriyama:[/b] *wak*

[i]"I wanna go to Filler Hell when I die."-Me[/i]