Episode #0032 (25 June 2006)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0032 (25 June 2006)

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:00 am

Episode #0032 (download MP3)
59:23; 64 kbps, mono; 27.1 MB

Episode #0032! VegettoEX, Julian, and Meri discuss all the big gaming, music, and DVD news from the last week or so. We also go in-depth on the gigantic musical shift that occurred in the transition from "DragonBall" and "DragonBall Z" to "DragonBall GT". Different composers and a different approach to theme songs left a totally different impression with viewers; what did it accomplish? DBZ ABCs, Meri's Top 5... list of... err... Oh, and your e-mails! Referenced sites: Whee! Go ahead and grab it. Big thanks to godofchaos for hosting the monumental *thirty-two* episodes, now.

For all you forum folks checking out the thread, here's a couple extra things that we mentioned on the show:

イコ一セ (ikôse) & イダ一サ (idâsa) -- the two children Julian mentions as a part of his DBZ ABCs

I really had a ton of fun recording and editing this episode. When I was done, I was in complete shock that it was running close to an hour in length; it didn't feel that way AT ALL to me, since I was smiling the whole time. Neato! I think the episode pulls off our classic ability to have such a ridiculously and disgustingly nerdy analysis of an aspect of the show, but still have fun with it.

w0rd.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:51 am

Wow, you guys are sure suprisingly fast with these podcasts from time to time. Me like pleasant suprises! *Listens in*

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:26 am

Haha, Meri's "Clockwise Z".

"No clocks! My only weakness."

still listening...

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:42 am

Didn't see this one coming. Downloaded last night, listened to at six-thirty in the morning. Hmmm...Mike and his Roshiish ways...

I kinda saw that #1 coming, but I'm surprised nobody took it a little farther. Hmmm....

P.S. Julian, do a One Piece podcast
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:05 pm

Yep, the manga has them bringing their souls to Earth. And it was the Rembrandts who did the Friends theme.

supersaiyanguru
Not-So-Newbie

Post by supersaiyanguru » Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:52 pm

I fell off my bed laughing at Meri's list this week. The best yet.

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:58 pm

Yanno, if I wasn't already an avid listener, I'd very HEAVILY disturbed by this episode XD;

Anyways, since I've actually had more exposure to the Japanese version of GT than I have of Z, I'm a bit more familiar with that BGM. Some of my favorites are the "Fight against a bad guy" music, mostly from around the Evil Dragon arc, and I believe it was also used in Legendary Super Warriors for GB o.O; Then there's also the big amazing victory theme used for when Goku finishes off Yi Xing Long with the Universal Spirit Bomb. Like I mentioned at the dinner at the con, the first GT Episodes I saw were the final four, so those two really stick with me. I also like the instrumental Hitorijanai and DANDAN tracks you mentioned :3

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:09 pm

Aggghh...! The list! THE LIST!!! O.o;;

Best Podcast yet, though...
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:29 pm

Dude, Tori-bot, surely you haven't forgotten about the whole re-sizing rule about your avatar (80X80's the magic number)!

Anywas, I had to literally leave the room when I was listening to Meri's List so my parents wouldn't be weirded out :blush:... And staying on that topic, I think I actually remember seeing that whole bush in my early years of my being a fan. I vaguely remember my sister watching next to me and being like ":shock:... a bush?". Can anyone put up either a screen cap or the footage of that whole bush moment?

Oddly, enough, I actually enjoyed this week's topic. I thought it would've been boring, but I guess that's the magic of podcasting. I knew something was up with your guys' opening music and the opening music I was used to (I originally got into the JP version with the later episodes), so big thanks for providing that comparison. And I think that GT's BGM is somewhat monotonous and general to be memorable. I like to think as DBZ as Japan's Superman, in which the background music may seem outdated, but it'll stick with you for-frickin'-ever.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:40 pm

Gah...! *changes avatar*

Blame SSj Kaboom!
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:01 pm

That was the most hilarious list ever. I laughed recalling what that bush looked like--for some reason I remember it as a scaled down miniature "Tree of Might" that they placed there.

And how after the Gotenks nudity Chi-Chi ran around chasing him with a towel while Goku just stood there naked and laughing with everybody gawking at him except Vegeta who had hidden behind a tree.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Tatsunoboshi Horoko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tatsunoboshi Horoko » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:04 pm

Great episode. I was laughing all the way through.

Speaking of that episode with naked-man-son-bonding-ness, I was just watching those episodes the other day and I remembered Goten's outfit in that episode...it was worse than Gohan's "I'm Mommy's Space Cadet" outfit. It looked like he should be delivering papers.

"Extre'! Extre'! Read all 'bout it! Son Goten wears goofy outfit!"

But the list was great and the ABC's this week was a good one too. I never would have gotten that pun if not for this podcast.
Last edited by Tatsunoboshi Horoko on Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:32 pm

except Vegeta who had hidden behind a tree.
Hahaha, you've got to get a screenshot of that :)

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:26 pm

Oh God, I was in the shower and I just came up with an idea. You guys should try and get Steve Simmons to be a guest on the show!!

*Coughalittleofftopicehcough*
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:36 pm

That was a good podcast. My brother and I loved Meri's list this week. :lol: I believe it was brought up as a question in the podcast (by someone / somehow) the number of times Vegeta was shown naked in Dragonball. Not counting his Oozaru transformation in GT before turning SSJ4, we have,

The Three Naked Vegeta Moments:
1. Vegeta getting out of the healing machine on Planet Freeza #79 (if that's the correct number).
2. The famous shower scene in Capsule Corp.
3. Another shower scene in whatever episode Vegeta's thinking back to his rivarly with Goku, while Goku fights the twin Dragons or something.

And that's all I can think of.
What's scarier than a DBZ H-game?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLuBVyPsL5g]Fear the dancing![/url]

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:06 am

Hey again. I just listened to the episode again and think you guys seriously should do at least one chapter of the DB (or Z) manga in the podcast in the style of those old Superman radio shows. ("Look up in the sky! It's a pterodactyl! It's a model 335 capsule plane! No, it's Goku!")
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:49 am

desirecampbell wrote:
except Vegeta who had hidden behind a tree.
Hahaha, you've got to get a screenshot of that :)
And so it was done XD

I made this screenshot ages ago because of how odd the scene struck me.

I'd rather Vegeta have been out in the open and snapped at Goku for "indecently exposing" himself infront of his prince or some witty yet panicked comment.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:59 pm

GAH! XD Chuquita, I love you! Reason: I saw a DBZ music video (GokuxVegeta :D ) that had a clip of Vegeta in that scene, and I had no idea where it came from! But now I do, and I thank you for posting that screenshot.
What's scarier than a DBZ H-game?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLuBVyPsL5g]Fear the dancing![/url]

chronocross
Not-So-Newbie

Post by chronocross » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:32 pm

Well, I think Dan Dan Kokoro relates in more than way. In my opinion at least the first sentences does make sense for a Dragonball fan after seeing the end Dragonball Z, and not knowing if there would be another season.
The show itself conquered my heart little by little and made me remember my childhood memories :D
I aim to misbehave

TheMajinRedComet
Patreon Supporter

Post by TheMajinRedComet » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:02 pm

Do you all forget vegeta's nude pep talk to goku before he uses the spirit bomb on frieza, and I dont care how Gt's music was as long as its not "step in to the dragonball".
Hiei: "So tell me - what's it like living in a constant haze of Stupidity?"
Hiei: "I know as much about games as I do puppies and huggs....Wake me up for the end of world"
Welcome to Super Vegeta's Big Bang Attack.... Welcome to Oblivion!!!
Remember "When things get weird, skip the last saga"-Chris Sabat