Movie 12 fits? possibly?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Movie 12 fits? possibly?

Post by Sun_Wukong » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:04 pm

Bare with me here, I just thought of this last night. I was watching Movie 12 last night and thought this up as a possible explination of how Movie 12 could fit into the regular timeline. The first scene in the movie Paikuhan mentions the outcome of the fight will be different than last time, so most likely its a second tournament right? Also, after Goku's one day on earth both Goku and Vegeta wouldve been in the afterlife at the same time right?

Now this had me thinking the only possible place it could fit in would be during Trunks' and Goten's fusion training. Well at least one of the days they werent in the Time Chamber. Think about it, then it would all make sense. It would explain how Videl could fly, how Goten and Trunks could fuse, why Goku mentioned Majin Buu. It would also bring up the point that during that time Majin Buu was out of the picture.

Does my theory work at all, is it flawed?

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:13 pm

One problem. GOHAN. He's on Supreme Kai's planet. The movie just has too much mistakes for it to fit in.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:13 pm

The only flaw is the fact that there was no space of time during the battle with Majin Boo in which it could have occured.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:14 pm

While you could probably find a few hours durring the Boo saga to fit in Movie 12, the problem arises that they would be occupied with Boo at that time.

Plus, wouldn't Gohan be "dead" durring that time?

GI_Judd2287
Beyond Newbie

Post by GI_Judd2287 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:39 pm

Yeah, I don't think it's possible. It takes place when Goku and Vegeta are dead and after Goten and Trunks can fuse. Unless I'm mistaken that never happened in the series. Also, there is the whole Gohan training with Kaioshin thing going on.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:36 pm

Dang I totaly forgot about Gohan, your right he would be on the Kaioshin planet. Other than that, my theory wouldve worked.

GI_Judd2287, Goku and Vegeta were both dead after Goku's one day on earth. Vegeta blew himself up infront of Buu before Goku went back.

GI_Judd2287
Beyond Newbie

Post by GI_Judd2287 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:41 pm

Oh yeah, for some reason that slipped my mind. My bad.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:38 pm

The only way to even try to fit movie 12 into continuity is if you do what Buu's Fury basically did. Exclude the entire subplot about Earth and the villains coming back, as well as the new Other World tournament scenes. Only include the main plot on Janemba, assume that his space-and-time manipulation has drawn Goku and Pikkon to him, and just leave it at that (Goku would still reference using SSJ3 against Buu). I suppose if the movie were in this fashion, it could fit after Goku visits Enma; learning Gohan being alive and Dabura going to Hell, and before Goku is seen flying through the clouds in joy (seconds later teleporting to Kaioshin's planet).

Of course, that's just some crazy theory that would require editing the original material, which really doesn't need to be done. Movie 12 is a great non-canon movie, kind of showing an AU of sorts if SSJ3 Goku would've taken care of Fat Buu, IMO. But eh, at least movie 13 fits!
14 years later

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:10 pm

Conan the SSJ wrote: Movie 12 is a great non-canon movie, kind of showing an AU of sorts if SSJ3 Goku would've taken care of Fat Buu, IMO. But eh, at least movie 13 fits!
I agree. But I think it'd be more if Gotenks had beaten Buu.
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

Mr.Piccolo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:26 pm

Seeing this topic made me think and laugh if while the fights were going on you see Buu doing destruction in the background or something. I think movies are funny because the Bio-Broli feature is like a "half-time" show to me... (Don't ask, I'm weird.)
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]